PDA

View Full Version : Should I even bother with mods...?

AudiSnawb
01-04-2005, 03:40 PM
My 99.5 has 110K on it now, and its starting to have problems, I usually trade in a car when it has problems... but I cant with this one, I have too much inequity with it... now my question is... with the high mileage, Im not keeping it forever, I will trade it in less than a year.... what should I do??? I dont want to put alot of money into it with the problems its been having... but I dont want it to look stock either. All I have right now is S4 Avus rims, Kamei eyelids, S4 grille, and a borla exhaust... I defonitly want it to look somewhat decent, should I just leave whats on it, or should I do any more uprgrades... chances are when I sell it/ trade it in, I will part out... what would you do?

A4_wantanabe
01-04-2005, 03:47 PM
If you want it to look "un-stock" just lower it. Lowering any car makes it look sportier! Other then that, i wouldn't do much else.

AudiSnawb
01-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by A4_wantanabe
If you want it to look "un-stock" just lower it. Lowering any car makes it look sportier! Other then that, i wouldn't do much else.
I know I was thinking of it, I can afford Eibach or H&R springs, just not sportier shocks to go with them, and I know that everyone has had horror stories about throwing lowering springs on sport shocks, and in my case non sport shocks

A4N
01-04-2005, 03:59 PM
If you are going to dump it in a year save the cash for the next round of mods on your new AUDI righhhht!!!

94jedi
01-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't put any money into it that you can't get out of it. rims, body mods, etc. can all be sold and the car can be returned to stock.

SeanF
01-04-2005, 04:59 PM
hey man, if you want it to look good, just keep it clean...

i personally think JMG has the finest looking a4 on this forum, and all he has is wheels, grill, suspension, and ecodes... (and tint)....

you allready have 2 of those... (i dunno about tint)

like they said, go for suspension, keep the stock one, and sell it when u sell the car

TheEZest
01-04-2005, 07:23 PM
you can paint your lowers. its not too expensive and it makes a HUGE difference.

JMG
01-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by A4Shon1.8TQM
hey man, if you want it to look good, just keep it clean...

i personally think JMG has the finest looking a4 on this forum, and all he has is wheels, grill, suspension, and ecodes... (and tint)....

you allready have 2 of those... (i dunno about tint)

like they said, go for suspension, keep the stock one, and sell it when u sell the car

hey thanks man! I don't think its quite the "finest" but I like it's simplicty.

Yeah the only show mods I have are the rims, ecodes, grill, spoiler & tint, although I consider the ecodes and tint to have more functional aspects. I consider suspension the best show/go mod (neuspeed bilstein shocks, neuspeed sport springs).

My recommendation is a good suspension setup. What else provies such an improvement in handeling and looks for the $?

Then get a chip. I wouldn't drive an A4 without at least a chip.

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/281tint-1-med.jpg

jones3000
01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I like JMG's car alot too. I'm all about simplicity.

Snawb, the best thing for you to do is wait. But it depends on the problems you are having. If it's something that's not a big deal(just annoying) I'd hold on to it a bit more but still add nothing.

To get out of your inequity situation, you'll need to find a car with rebates. Audi has some rebates on 2004's but I don't know how many of those are left.

ed@mtl
01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Seeing that you have a 2.8, a chip wouldn't be a wise choice. Not much added power for the 2.8. Your best bet is to do suspension upgrade. If you can find a set used that would be great.

Hassmeister
01-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Just drive it as is for the next year... then mod your next ride. Why put more money into something that you won't be keeping in the long run? Just save up for the next ride. My 2 cents.

greengravy
01-04-2005, 09:42 PM
simplicity is the best....i wouldnt "waste" any more money making your car aesthetically pleasing, fix what needs to be fixed and save your money for your next car. just my .02

JMG
01-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by ed j - 888
Seeing that you have a 2.8, a chip wouldn't be a wise choice. Not much added power for the 2.8. Your best bet is to do suspension upgrade. If you can find a set used that would be great.

oops didn't notice he had a 2.8. Skip the chip then.

quattroanillos5
01-05-2005, 07:50 AM
if you already have the sport package you can just buy the dampers and use the factory springs... it will drop the car a little....

MR VTEC
01-05-2005, 08:14 AM
supercharge it... [rolleyes]

MR VTEC
01-05-2005, 08:20 AM
supercharge it... [rolleyes]

ModifiedA4
01-05-2005, 08:23 AM
no.

drlandry00
01-05-2005, 08:27 AM
I am with the guys that say save the $$$ and put it into your next AUDI.. Its hard to do now, but you will def thank yourself later. You will never get what you paid for when selling mods.. maybe the wheels you can get something for, but if no suspension, then no wheels. My response.. SAVE. good luck with the car man..

AudiSnawb
01-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Hassmeister
Just drive it as is for the next year... then mod your next ride. Why put more money into something that you won't be keeping in the long run? Just save up for the next ride. My 2 cents.
Yah I agree with you HAAS, and everyone else who said what he did... I think I wont put much more moneies into mods, but will save it for my next car... or maybe purchase my next used car with mods already, defonitly wont be another B5 though, hopefully the new B7 wont have as many issues :)

jones3000
01-05-2005, 07:08 PM
OR. . . if you're sure you're going with another Audi, go with mods you can carry over. My next car will definitely be another A4. Prob another 2.8 or B63.0 SO all my mods will just carry over.