PDA

View Full Version : 99.5 A4 1.8T: Wheres the interior gas cover switch?

Fartsniffer
01-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I was looking at my gas cover and it seems the only way to open is to pry it open with my fingernails.. I could not find a button or switch inside my car for the gas cover.

And when I open the gas cover theres a servo thing in there that looks like its supposed to hold the door closed. Is there an electric switch for the gas cover inside the car? Or do you just pull it open?
I didn't see anything about this in the owners manual..

drlandry00
01-04-2005, 02:18 PM
haha NO NO, the gas door locks if your car is locked.. that is that little thing you are seeing. all you have to do is push the back of the gas door, push into the car. and BAM! the door opens.. GOOD LUCK.

Cheers,
DaveL.

A4_wantanabe
01-04-2005, 02:24 PM
hahaha yeah, that got me too when i first bought the car. I was like wft! How do i fill it! ahahaha classic!

Fartsniffer
01-04-2005, 02:30 PM
there ain't no latch on the inside of the car for the trunk or "boot" [:D] either..
and I sure could have used some electric seats too... [mad]

Audimarc
01-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Dude, I thought that I was the only one!!! LOL Thank God!!!

OutkastSL
01-04-2005, 02:40 PM
LOL...classic, just make sure your car is unlocked and push the gas tank cover.

brettuzzi
01-04-2005, 02:46 PM
I hate to sound like a know it all.. but it was a fairly simple observation when I first got the car?

Who knows. Maybe my brain is just in tune with fuel covers *idk* :p lord knows its not in tune with much else

RippleChip
01-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Its got enough over the years. Has to be unlocked and then you just push the one side in.

LEDFoot
01-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Fartsniffer
there ain't no latch on the inside of the car for the trunk or "boot" [:D] either..
and I sure could have used some electric seats too... [mad]

Haha electric seats were optional I think. Or offered only on the 2.8 or something I believe.
Dunno why there's no trunk popper though, the VWs have it and later models do so I'm not sure why...

MR VTEC
01-04-2005, 04:21 PM
the trunk popper would have been sweet

littlewhite
01-04-2005, 04:25 PM
LOL ! newbie !! Welcome
I can see the next Q. HOw can I put gas into B5 w/o standing there and hold on to the handle. [:)]

e.van
01-04-2005, 04:29 PM
There's no trunk release because it's not electronic (ie. got to push the lock on the trunk, not a button or pad). Pisses me off every time someone wants to put something in the trunk, they ALWAYS ask for me to pop it, and I'm like "do it yourself ass, it's german, not japo!"

no1hustller
01-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Hmm, reminds me of the time that I got my ONLY key locked behind the gas door. That was fun...

Don't ask.

RippleChip
01-04-2005, 05:49 PM
You've got to be kidding me...too funny.

Actually the B6 A4 has a trunk pop, would be a nice thing but can't do it the way our cars are.

Fartsniffer
01-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by blackknight
LOL ! newbie !! Welcome
I can see the next Q. HOw can I put gas into B5 w/o standing there and hold on to the handle. [:)]

Reaaaal funny wise guy..[cool]

Originally posted by e.van
There's no trunk release because it's not electronic (ie. got to push the lock on the trunk, not a button or pad). Pisses me off every time someone wants to put something in the trunk, they ALWAYS ask for me to pop it, and I'm like "do it yourself ass, it's german, not japo!"

I thinks its an issue of smart and not smart design, not a regional thing..

My Infiniti J30 and most Nissans (atleast Maximas) have two cute little buttons on the driver door, one fer the gas latch and one fer the trunk.. but they ain't no Audi.. [;)]

e.van
01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Fartsniffer

Heh it's aight, I was just playin.
Me: Audi, BMW
Friend 1: itb n/a civic
Friend 2: stock galant
Friend 3: turbo accord

It's all Japanese love on this side of town haha, gotta rep'asent.

Fartsniffer
01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
well yur the luckiest friends cause you have the sports car and they have the frankenstein cars..[eek]

Hassmeister
01-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Just wave the magic Audi Wand twice and it will open and close.[:p]

DarkkstaR
01-04-2005, 11:23 PM
I like the trunk pop thing a lot actually.

robsilvr85
12-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Ok i searched for my question and instead of starting a new thread i might as well post on this one.
How do you open the fuel door if the door locks wont open w/ the remote or the switch on the door?? I sthere a manual switch you can use? I have a B5 btw...

burner799
12-13-2006, 12:10 AM
there was a post about how to open it if your door lock system fails. They created back ups for most things of this nature in our car. You have to pull back the lining on the side of the trunk and i don't remember exactly how its done but it has to do with unlocking it from in there, chances are if you find the lock you can figure out how to unlock it from the inside. And WOW, threads about how to open our gas tanks......priceless.

burner799
12-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Reaaaal funny wise guy..[cool]

My Infiniti J30 and most Nissans (atleast Maximas) have two cute little buttons on the driver door, one fer the gas latch and one fer the trunk.. but they ain't no Audi.. [;)]

We have an infinity and nissan in the family too. The thing about those buttons is, they suck! Why would you complain about NOT having to press an extra button to unlock gas cover? I take the parents cars to get gas and then have to walk all the way back around the car to unlock it after pressing in just like on ours and it not doing anything. Same thing goes for the trunk, why would you want to have your key on you (like youd have to on a nissan ) when we can just press the little knob on the trunk to open the trunk......its a lot smarter and easier the way audi set it up

dukez
12-13-2006, 01:48 AM
I like the trunk pop button. Its simple. You're at the trunk, and you decide you want to open it, 1. press the button and wa-lah.

The other way is like. O shit, I need to use the trunk, I'll have to 1. run to the front of the car, 2. open the driver door 3. pull the latch 4. run back to the rear 5. open the trunk fully.

5 freakin steps man. F that shit. [down]

Yes this is assuming your keys are in the ignition. So no "just use your keys" replies. [:D]

a4cefed
12-13-2006, 06:46 AM
these are things for the easter egg sticky

philios
12-13-2006, 07:36 AM
lol i remember the first time i fueled up in my a4. I was standing at the fuel door for like 2 minutes trying to figure out how to open it..triple checking there was no inside latch...everyone staring at me and laughing. heh good times

Genix
12-13-2006, 07:41 AM
What's up with people bringing back threads from the dead lately?

1 ate T
12-13-2006, 07:52 AM
What's up with people bringing back threads from the dead lately?

That's what I was wondering[confused]

dukez
12-13-2006, 09:28 AM
User probably clicked on the similar threads link on the bottom of the page (within another thread).

onemoremile
12-13-2006, 09:34 AM
I have a trunk popper button on my driver's door. It is an Avant thing. There is another one on the remote, don't we all have that one?

smoothie
12-13-2006, 01:07 PM
for the trunk... i don't...:( and the threads comming up from the dead is good, searching brings that upon.[up]

jrau13
12-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Dude, I thought that I was the only one!!! LOL Thank God!!!

x2[;)]

onemoremile
12-13-2006, 02:16 PM
lol. Avants rule.

http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/35/1e/66_1_b.JPG

salz2135
12-13-2006, 04:09 PM
^^^^damn, that IS tight.

4ringAR
12-13-2006, 04:31 PM
I have a trunk popper button on my driver's door. It is an Avant thing. There is another one on the remote, don't we all have that one?

haha, yes we do. although i have to say the door button is pretty useless. why not just pull the lever on the door when you are back there. but my remote doesnt pop the hatch.....[confused]

edit: wait.... the sedans dont have that button on their remote. man, avants are baller. lol. so why is there a picture of a sedan on the remote then, lol.

edit2: represent(assuming sedans lack this)
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4610/dsc02747nu5.jpg
[yes, i know it is quite scratched]

zrowcool
12-13-2006, 07:05 PM
I thought i was th eonly one when i got my audi with the gas door thing. Guy at the gas station was lookin at me like i was retarded and said.. "unlock the doors"

onemoremile
12-14-2006, 09:57 AM
Since owning a Jetta several years ago my wife has helped many confused VW and Audi owners at gas stations.

dj spiel
12-14-2006, 10:53 AM
same here I just got my car in may06....1st time i pump i was so confused.

f*** germans :)

AudiTLC
12-14-2006, 03:11 PM
haha, funny thread. Same here, first time at the pump I was like WTF? where's the gas door lever??? haha