PDA

View Full Version : Quick repair question...

fanuvbrak
01-04-2005, 05:38 AM
so last night i notice that the hose from the top windshield washer reservoir to the lower one is leaking, allowing me only 2" of fluid in the lower reservoir (so my headlight washer don't work).

the thing is, how do you get to it? i took the coolant reservoir off, but the hose is still sandwiched under a bunch of stuff and there's no way to reach it from the bottom. What all do I have to take off to do this?

Thanks

brettuzzi
01-04-2005, 06:00 AM
I believe I have the same problem.. I haven't looked close enough to pinpoint it but I know that I a) have fluid left, b) my computer is telling me i'm all out, and c) it's leaking from a hose connection (so I've been told by the mechanic who swapped my serpentine belt)

fanuvbrak
01-04-2005, 10:44 AM
bump

i've searched here and AW, no DIY's on washer reservoir replacement. I can't believe that I would have to remove either the radiator or brake fluid reservoir to get at this part...

Jer
03-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I too have a leak (2001 A4 B5) and would be interested in what it's going to take to replace or repair this.

BuffysRS4
03-10-2005, 10:54 AM
[rs4] Replacing the reservoir is really easy. Though I don't think the reservoir would be leaking, rather one of the pumps has sprung a leak and needs replacing.

1) Jack up the front end.
2) Remove front drivers side wheel.
3) Remove wheel liner.
4) Remove the screws holding the reservoir. (IIRC there are 4, 2 underneath and 2 from the engine bay)
5) Remove electrical connector to the pump(s); two pumps if you have headlight washers
6) Remove hoses from pumps, they are connected with a small clip and drain into a pail, you'll want to reuse the fluid.
7) Remove the reservoir and check your pumps.
8) Installation is just the reverse.

Easy ain't it??[wrench]

fanuvbrak
03-10-2005, 10:57 AM
this got resurrected from the dead. it turned out that it was the headlamp washer pump, and i did all those steps and then found i could reach it from the top [mad] . i know the wheel well liner removal is necessary for the B6, mine was a 99. the hardest part of the job was getting the old pump off the @$%&ing hose.

BuffysRS4
03-10-2005, 11:10 AM
[rs4] these steps were required for mine, you can't remove the reservoir from the engine bay; I suppose the model change started in my MY