PDA

View Full Version : muffler sound clips and suggestions?

JK35
10-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I have 3" straight exhaust on my new build. To me, it sounds great -I don't know how long I'll continue to think so, but for now, it's new, it sounds really pissed and I like it. but, it is REALLY loud. I mean obnoxiously loud. My neighbors really don't deserve this (one does, but we all have one of those assholes in the neighborhood)

I have been looking for sound clips for awhile now, but haven't found anything I really like as far as mufflers/resonaters and exhaust setups on these cars go.

Anyone heard a built B5 with HKS, Tanabe, Apex'i?

What kind of mufflers are used on Tubi exhausts?

any suggestions? anyone got any good sound clips?

Had thought about Aero Turbine, but not really sure about it. never heard one in person.

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
10-16-2009, 02:46 PM
So you have no mufflers or resonator? Wow...
If not look into buyin one of each

lowandslow4now
10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
I have the vibrant 12" resonator on an otherwise straight pipe 3" BT. I don't have sound clips right now but I will tell you that if I daily drove my car I would have out on a muffler and maybe a high flow cat. As it is I drive the car about once a week. As for the neighbors it depends on how much you are going to be driving it. If you plan on doing many early morning starts then I would put a resonator and muffler on there.

somebody5788
10-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Resenator and muffler no matter what imo. Will take out the raspyness of a straight piped car and give it an amazing "euro" tone.

JK35
12-04-2009, 07:08 AM
still haven't found anything I like, but I can tell you what I DON'T like...
Top of the list is anything ricey, this includes "fart-cans" of course!
2nd from Top, STRAIGHT open exhaust like I am running now. It sounds really great when I stand on it, but for the most part, it is just so obnoxiously loud that I am beginning to HATE it. It's just not like a straight piped big block (that probably has something to do with the 300+ cubic inch deficiency[confused] )

Actually, I heard a few test clips that have my attention.
HKS
and Aeroturbine (NOT that S4 off Youtube, that thing sounds like a fart can on top of a fart can)

I have been keeping my eyes open for a muffler off something exotic. There's no denying the "sound" of a Ferrari, Lambo or the like. Unfortunately, most of the mufflers used on these cars are ridiculously large and heavy (and of course people are quite proud of them even when they're used and unwanted...) -not easy finding anything with a 3" inlet either...

Has anyone here used a Borla XR-1 muffler? I'd definitely like to HEAR one on a built 20v!

As for a resonator, as far as I understand, a resonator is nothing more than an empty chamber. like a gutted out muffler can or cat... right?
Speaking of cats, anyone seen these?
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_info.php?cPath=210&products_id=320&osCsid=9dcf4b0c83cd990ba060ab9b88068d2b

flyromeo3
12-04-2009, 07:11 AM
i took this video of a garbage truck on fire.
You could hear my muffler as im taking off from the light

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v610/flyromeo3/?action=view&current=02-07-08_0128.flv

magnaflow supersprint muffler btw.

Coopa
12-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not going to accomplish the sound of a lambo or ferrari out of a b5 a4 1.8t. I mean.. 4 cylinder turbo vs. v12/v10. Full 3 inch exhaust/resonator/muffler always sounds good in my opinion.

texasboy21
12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
I have 3" straight exhaust on my new build. To me, it sounds great -I don't know how long I'll continue to think so, but for now, it's new, it sounds really pissed and I like it. but, it is REALLY loud. I mean obnoxiously loud. My neighbors really don't deserve this (one does, but we all have one of those assholes in the neighborhood)

I have been looking for sound clips for awhile now, but haven't found anything I really like as far as mufflers/resonaters and exhaust setups on these cars go.

Anyone heard a built B5 with HKS, Tanabe, Apex'i?

What kind of mufflers are used on Tubi exhausts?

any suggestions? anyone got any good sound clips?

Had thought about Aero Turbine, but not really sure about it. never heard one in person.

Unbolt everything except the testpipe. it has a good refined tone to it[>_<] [drive] [up]