PDA

View Full Version : BT vaccum line delete guru's

lanks
09-30-2009, 06:56 PM
i'm almost done with my project putting all the little things together. wondering what vacuum lines i really need (AEB). The only two that i can think of are the fpr line and the brake booster line (there may be more but i can't think of any, since my car has been apart for quite some time). anything i am forgetting? i know i also need one for wastegate, ebc and bov.
i'm running a IIc ecu and not my stock ecu fwiw.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=3255&pictureid=9248

also with a catch can on an aeb with no pcv valve, how does that work, being i am only venting the crankcase. can i just cut the hardpipe at the back of the block and put a small filter on it for the time being?

any input would be appreciated!

dont mind the mess

Haenszel20v
09-30-2009, 07:03 PM
FPR+boost gauge, BOV, brake booster, MAP sensor.

Tap the turbo for the n75/wastegate, run it as a seperate system that doesn't see vacuum.

iwin
09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
FPR+boost gauge, BOV, brake booster, MAP sensor.

Tap the turbo for the n75/wastegate, run it as a seperate system that doesn't see vacuum.

tap the turbo,good idea...im guessing near the bottom of the compressor housing?

Haenszel20v
09-30-2009, 07:17 PM
tap the turbo,good idea...im guessing near the bottom of the compressor housing?
he already seems to have a brass barb right by the outlet(intercooler piping) -- use that.

iwin
09-30-2009, 07:18 PM
indeed...alot of turbos come tapped too....

lanks
10-01-2009, 06:04 AM
thanks for the response guys, anyone one the second question?

also with a catch can on an aeb with no pcv valve, how does that work, being i am only venting the crankcase. can i just cut the hardpipe at the back of the block and put a small filter on it for the time being?

thenofjboy
10-01-2009, 06:25 AM
you can either keep, cut or completely remove the hard pipe that wraps around the engine & run a line from the crankcase breather hose to a vented catch can. There are several diff types of OCC that have lil filters mounted on the top of them to vent.

but being that your a BT - let somone else with more knowledge in this area chime to be safe.

goody6691
10-01-2009, 06:38 AM
i got the o34 adapter for the block and the o34 valve cover that is tapped for a fitting. i ran two lines behind the mototr t'ed together then a single line to a moroso catch can.