PDA

View Full Version : HKS mega flow intake

AudiA4um
12-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Does anyone have any feedback on this type of intake? ie, fit, performance, sound, quality, etc. Thanks

sighpost
12-28-2004, 01:05 PM
I have one and it sounds a little deeper and the turb/dv is louder. I have never seen dyno numbers on how much HP is gained but most people seem to be under the impression that intakes hurt perfomance although they never support that claim with numbers either so i just assume that there is nothing magical about audis and it wont hurt performance to have one. The HKS kit comes a good heat sheild.

I have read articles about similar displacement engines with front wheel drive gaining somewhere in the neighborhood of 5hp but those are not forced induction engines. Like I said there are no numbers so support the performance value of our car specifcally but you can read about how other similar cars use similar products and decide for yourself.

Cactus00S4
12-29-2004, 06:56 PM
i hav a hks intake, im happy with it, i can tell alil difference, nuttin exciting tho, its gotta nice deep grunt to it wen i floor it

Crisqo
12-29-2004, 08:47 PM
got a link to HKS one?

sighpost
12-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Crisqo
got a link to HKS one? Here is one at hop up racing (http://www.hopupracing.com/hkssumeflina1.html)

Audi_Sniper
12-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Hot air intakes rock! [rolleyes]

Save your money... [;)]

sighpost
12-29-2004, 11:42 PM
I hate to say it but a plastic box is not a heat shield