PDA

View Full Version : swap the doubin DIN into a 98?

ThatA4T
09-29-2009, 12:27 PM
ok so i have a 98 a4 1.8T Quattro. and i really want to swap in the double Din stereo console from the 00. I have searched and i cant seem to find anything except the swap to the 99.5s. Is the swap to the 98 even possible? or am i going to loose some functionality. i assume i would need more than the 99.5 people.

Do i need all of these parts?

Rear portion of console with armrest?
Front portion of console
the cage behind it
the radio cage that holds the radio
radio
hvac
ashtray
shifter surround

And what about my fog light buttons, hazards button, and defrost button?
Thanks in advance
Jordan

lotusgardener
09-29-2009, 12:30 PM
I have a 97 and did it. You need all the buttons except for the hazard button, you just swap the covers.

ThatA4T
09-29-2009, 12:32 PM
do you have any pictures? and did u have to swap the lower part of the console with the armrest? or just the upper part?

ThatA4T
09-29-2009, 12:52 PM
are all of the buttons on the new one going to work? will everything light up correctly? same color? are there any buttons on the new setup that arent on my setup? what about the heated seats? my switches are in a different location. will they wire up? a write up on this would be great!

Im worried that there will be some buttons the the new hvac that will be there but not be conntected to anything... and not lit up... i do not want this. I want everything to be functional and lit up. any advice is appreciated.

Will everything be plug and play or am i going to be splicing and soldering wires?

A4Rob
09-29-2009, 03:08 PM
The consoles are different, so yes you will need them.

99blueb5
09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
im in the same boat as you, its pretty easy swap but you do need to do a decent amount of rewiring for the hazard switch, fogs, and some for the HVAC controls, radio is plug and play