PDA

View Full Version : switchable fuse..

ADNpro
09-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Ok so I want to tap into a fuse for my boost gauge, but I want it on with the ignition and off with the ignition. (its a vdo boost gauge) So far I have tried 4-5 fuses and all of them leave the gauge light on when the ignition is off. So which fuse should I tap into?
Ive searched but couldn't find an answer..

A4DRIVR
09-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Ok so I want to tap into a fuse for my boost gauge, but I want it on with the ignition and off with the ignition. (its a vdo boost gauge) So far I have tried 4-5 fuses and all of them leave the gauge light on when the ignition is off. So which fuse should I tap into?
Ive searched but couldn't find an answer..

I bought my gauge from AWE and their write up tells where to hook up everything. Chech their install instruction here: http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/Center_vent_gauge_B5_A4S4.pdf

Hope this is the answer you're looking for.

Kyle H
09-29-2009, 08:42 AM
75x terminal under your drivers side kick panel. search my name and 75x for pics.

ADNpro
09-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks both of you. Got it all figured out now.

Seerlah
09-29-2009, 09:55 AM
If you wrap it around the x-terminal, it will always stay illumintaed when you turn the ignition on. When I had a VDO, I wrapped it around one of the headlight fuses (low beam) so the backlighting turned on/off when I turned the headlights on/off. I always wanted to change it to a fuse for the parking lights, but was just lazy. All the way till I sold it.

ghost6303
09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
75x terminal under your drivers side kick panel. search my name and 75x for pics.

thats the one i used. put an inline fuse in if you care that much.

ADNpro
09-29-2009, 01:18 PM
If you wrap it around the x-terminal, it will always stay illumintaed when you turn the ignition on. When I had a VDO, I wrapped it around one of the headlight fuses (low beam) so the backlighting turned on/off when I turned the headlights on/off. I always wanted to change it to a fuse for the parking lights, but was just lazy. All the way till I sold it.

Yea thats how I wanted it. I just didn't want it on all the time even when the ignition was off. (which was how it was when I was trying to tap it into a fuse)