PDA

View Full Version : Damn MBC!!!

Fink_tha_Audi
09-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Well I went to H2o today and wow what a show, so I got myself a forge mbc, basically i got the cheap one bleeder-type. Installed it and I was was able to decrease my boost. I want to be around 18-20 psi but my car is overboosting at 25+psi. So I turn the knob counter-clockwise to decrease boost and nothing, i let n75 valve plugged in (electronically) and followed this instructions by forge http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/ForgeBleedValveInstall.pdf. Could it be my car? Any advice will be appreciated. Might have to return it.

AudiXS4X01
09-26-2009, 09:31 PM
ur probably turning the knob the wrong way..i did that at first.

Fink_tha_Audi
09-26-2009, 09:36 PM
ur probably turning the knob the wrong way..i did that at first.

I turned it both ways. And nothing25+psi every time, only difference was the amount of time it took to get there.

Seerlah
09-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Personally, I would not run with just bleed valve mbc. You should use the bleed/ball spring one. I have one that I purchased for maybe $50 (recommended by Mike Hood, whom I think was shown it by Evo guys). Clicky Click (http://all.dejonpowerhouse.com/edit/A-03.htm). MBCs are capable of running high boost, so you need to dial it all the way down and start from there. Maybe start around 15 psi and keep turning it little by little till you reach the desired boost level.

Jc61990
09-27-2009, 06:52 AM
i used to run a turboXS bleed inline with the MBC never had a problem.

mike-2ptzero
09-27-2009, 07:07 AM
WG might be sitcking and not opening like it should. Bypass the MBC by connecting the 2 hoses together and see if you get a much lower boost level when you drive the car.

2001A4QUATTRO
09-27-2009, 07:52 AM
^^^ Exactly. WG actuataor might be bad as well. GL

GetBoosted84
09-27-2009, 08:12 AM
I ran with a TurboXS HP MBC for quite a while and never had an issue. I would recommend one of those or a boost machine which I am now using.

I also opted to bypass the N75 valve so that I could regulate exactly how much boost my car sees via the MBC. Just my two cents.

Jc61990
09-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I ran with a TurboXS HP MBC for quite a while and never had an issue. I would recommend one of those or a boost machine which I am now using.

I also opted to bypass the N75 valve so that I could regulate exactly how much boost my car sees via the MBC. Just my two cents.

thats works too, on my turboxs i had the single stage normal one and it only goes 12psi over stock so i put it inline with the n75 so then stock would be my 1.3bar and i could just bump that up. it was fun. i need to get another one. want an ebc this time tho. but yea try running it with and without the n75, and like everyone else said check the wg too.

Fink_tha_Audi
09-27-2009, 09:37 AM
WG might be sitcking and not opening like it should. Bypass the MBC by connecting the 2 hoses together and see if you get a much lower boost level when you drive the car.

Its possible but I just got the turbo back from ATP (Garrett rebuild Program thing) about 4 months ago. I'll try bypassing the MBC and let you guys know.

Broncoman75
09-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Well I went to H2o today and wow what a show, so I got myself a forge mbc, basically i got the cheap one bleeder-type. Installed it and I was was able to decrease my boost. I want to be around 18-20 psi but my car is overboosting at 25+psi. So I turn the knob counter-clockwise to decrease boost and nothing, i let n75 valve plugged in (electronically) and followed this instructions by forge http://www.forgemotorsport.com/media/ForgeBleedValveInstall.pdf. Could it be my car? Any advice will be appreciated. Might have to return it.

so were you running 25psi BEFORE installing the MBC?
if so there is no way to decrease the boost by adjusting the mbc, only to increase it... maybe i misunderstood your question but thats how I understood it.

mike-2ptzero
09-27-2009, 12:41 PM
so were you running 25psi BEFORE installing the MBC?
if so there is no way to decrease the boost by adjusting the mbc, only to increase it... maybe i misunderstood your question but thats how I understood it.

He is running the MBC in place of the N75, this allows the boost to be increased or decreased.

Fink_tha_Audi
09-27-2009, 01:07 PM
He is running the MBC in place of the N75, this allows the boost to be increased or decreased.

^ Yes

97a41.8t
09-27-2009, 01:22 PM
That MBC in place of the N75, I had to use the bottom nipple to the WG, one side to the TIP, and the other from a boost source.

The Bleed valve does make it longer for the turbo to spool.

Broncoman75
09-27-2009, 03:26 PM

ah. duh. Ok, I should have looked at the link. I thought he was using a MBC with just an inlet and outlet, not the bleed type. my bad

AudiTurbo
09-27-2009, 03:45 PM
So what is the best results? Inline with n75 or bypassing? Also will this allow me to hold a certain amount of boost all the way to redline?
thanks you

Fink_tha_Audi
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Well Mike I bypassed the MBC (N75) and was around 10 psi. So i guess that is telling me that my actuator is working. I will do some more testing with the MBC.