PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Uni-Tune!!!

RAI Motorsport
09-25-2009, 04:18 PM
On behalf of the Unitronic Team I would like to introduce a new and innovative product & service to our existing Unitronic User's provided by our extensive Unitronic Network,Uni-Tune Suite

A year & a half in development, Uni-Tune Suite is the ultimate project management software suite. This tuning suite will only be available through our trained Unitronic Dealer Network to maintain the high level of quality, professionalism and support Unitronic is known for. This suite enables a certified Unitronic dealer to precisely fine tune any big turbo project car supported by Unitronic.

This is a highly evolved tuning suite allows full control over the stock ECU to calibrate and re-calibrate any supported application. The included data logger provides precise and highly efficient access to important data at a high sampling rate, available in all channels. It is a fundamental tool when conditioning the calibration. The Uni-Tune suite will allow our Unitronic Network to recalibrate applications for a variety of fueling and turbo applications, removing limitations, allowing for all performance tuning possibilities.

The use of this technology we believe requires extensive training and understanding of the logic behind it; Unitronic will offer extensive training seminars to our Unitronic Network who choose to explore and provide this service to their customer base. Furthermore, Unitronic will continue to offer a high level of support to ensure our customers' full satisfaction.

Here's a closer look at the Uni-Tune Editor Suite. The Project manager Editor allows the Unitronic Dealer to have full access to valuable information to precisely edit and re-calibrate fueling maps, timing maps, boost maps, various limiters, and multiple correction factors. It also features a check list of applicable or non-applicable functions that can be removed, such as CAT delete, n249 delete, secondary O2, and various other options. The Unitronic Dealer can simply and effectively edit values via a table or a 3D graph format. All projects can be saved for future use and available at any point in time.

The ECU Sync tool, allows the Dealer to communicate with the ECU via the OBDII port to read and flash projects. Each project will feature a separate license, where each license can be edited and re-flashed an unlimited number of times to the same vehicle. The Flash tool is based on the latest flash technology which ensures a highly efficient communication to provide flash down-time.

The logger will be included with the Uni-Tuned Editor suite as well as a standalone version that will be made available free to download from the Unitronic Website. This advanced logger will require the purchase of a Unitronic CAN OBDII communications cable (approx: $65). The Uni-logger will allow you, the end user to access and log any channel, save and export them, for analytical review; frame by frame to ensure a high level of data acquisition.

Supported vehicle list:
All Volkswagen MK4 1.8T with ME7 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK4 VR6 12v with ME7 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK4 VR6 24v with ME7 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK4 3.2L (TT, R32) with ME7 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK5 R32 3.2L with ME7-ST10 ECU’s
All Volkswagen MK5 Rabbit 2.5L with ME7-ST10 ECU’s
All Volkswagen Mk5 2.0T FSI with MED9 ECU’s
All Audi B5 AEB 1.8T with ME3.8/5.9 ECU’s
All Audi B5/B6/TT 1.8T with ME7 ECU’s
All Audi MK2 TT 3.2L with ME7-ST10 ECU’s
All Audi B5 2.7T with ME7 ECU’s
All Audi B7 2.0T with MED9 ECU’s
All Audi TT 2.0T with MED9 ECU’s
All Porsche 3.6 Turbo 996 with ME 7.8 ECU’s

The Uni-Tune editor suite is projected for release and distribution by the end of 2009. We are currently in beta testing, and ensuring that Unitronic will offer a thoroughly developed tuning solution. Our highly developed technology will provide the highest level quality and support. It is our pleasure to share with you some preview shots of the Beta Version.

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/RAImotorsport/data-logger.jpg

lowandslow4now
09-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Does this mean the dealer will be able to take my AEB 440 file and tune it for a 630 file. I tried to ask this on the other forum and never got a response becasue of all the bickering.

RAI Motorsport
09-25-2009, 04:36 PM
yes it does. with this you can go to 1000 cc if you want.

maxspeed
09-25-2009, 04:44 PM
what about 1200cc?

lowandslow4now
09-25-2009, 05:05 PM
How much is it going to cost to upgrade? Will Unitronic set the price or is it the individual dealer setting the price?

Seerlah
09-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Would the outcome (performance) of the Uni-Tune be upon the dealer whom will tweek it, or are settings made by Unitronics themselves (after much testing on what values would work best for what application) and the distributers simply replace certain values? I would expect the former, but confirmation is usually a good thing.

RAI Motorsport
09-25-2009, 05:42 PM
pricing not yet confirmed. 1200 id a go, but of course driver box will be needed. end dealer or unitronic can tune for max potential.

97a41.8t
09-25-2009, 06:35 PM
So, I would have to be close to a dealer with the Uni-Tune in order to unlock certain features...[:(]

sgt_g
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
no 1.8 AWM? :(

A4-Achtung
09-25-2009, 06:58 PM
no 1.8 AWM? :(

^All Audi B5/B6/TT 1.8T with ME7 ECU’s

This includes AMW since it uses ME7 Ecu if I'm not mistaken.

mtxfrk2k1
09-25-2009, 10:18 PM
i would love to see this be available software suite that we can buy and use on our laptops :)

ghost6303
09-26-2009, 05:42 AM
^^ if this were available to buy i totally would, but since that isnt even an option im going to have to scour the internet and find it some other way......

Seerlah
09-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Not to cause an contravery towards tuner companies, but this is information that would pertain to anyone modding their vehicles in general. Eurodyne/CTapp has a suite on their website for people whom have purchased their tunes to change values whom have me7 ECUs.

[Edit: I just visited the Eurodyne website, and it seems they changed up the way they do the suite a tad. It used to be before, you could purchase the software from CTapp himself or a Eurodyne dealer, download the suite for free, and fine tune it yourself from there. I am not sure if they do that anymore, as it is not on their website. But I am sure that question could be easily answered if one was to contact Eurodyne or one of the distributers. Anyways, the way the suite is handled is different now, where it needs to be purchased. And on a side note, I personally liked how they used to permit people to purchase thier BT software at regular price, download the suite for free, and fine tune it themselves. But this is business, and I can not really complain.].

My question is, is the Uni-Tune Suite similar to what Eurodyne offers? And looking at the price of the Eurodyne me7 suite, how much would the Uni-Tune suite cost? Also, it seems that Eurodyne only offers this for the me7 while Unitronics can do it for many other applications.

ghost6303
09-26-2009, 08:51 AM
well tapps 'maestro 7' software is $900. that would pretty much discourage anyone but a dealer from purchasing it, though it is technically still available to the public, whoever has a bunch of money. but this only works on ME7 ecus (2000+)

it doesnt look like unitronics software is going to be available to the public at any price, authorized dealers only.

Seerlah
09-26-2009, 09:03 AM
A couple months back, the Eurodyne suite was free. This was for anybody whom have already had CTapp BT software. You were able to download the software for free and tune it yourself. I was just using the Eurodyne suite for comparison to see if they are basically the same thing to the Uni-Tune. But now, it has me rather intrigued about that CTapp suite (seems like a standalone for the me7 for any application for people whom know what they are doing). I won't post about it anymore here, as I feel that would be very rude and in violation of AZ posting rules.

lowandslow4now
09-26-2009, 09:32 AM
If this UNI suite is what is advertised it should give people like myself who are stuck with the uni 440 bt file an option to go larger rather than having to switch to tapp and buy new software. Will the UNI dealer be able to tune for multiple files (93 and a race gas or E85 tune)

Seerlah
09-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Unitronics is the only other tuner I would consider going with (other than my current tuner). I just never knew that that AEB guys were limited to 440cc injector tunes (till a couple weeks or months ago, bad memory). Are ATW guys limited to 440cc injector tunes, also?

lowandslow4now
09-26-2009, 09:44 AM
I dont think the ATW guys are limited to the 440 file according to the website they have a 630 file.
http://unitronic.ca/big-turbo-software-res.php?brand=AUDI&model=A4&year=2000&displacement=1.8T&x=28&y=10

Gaberossi
09-26-2009, 01:14 PM
right now i have the k04 Unitronics stage 2 tune on a 1.8t AEB FWD man....the file is making the car run really rich, at around 2500 rpm you WOT and it surges, the psi bounces from 8-19psi about 5 times before it reaches 4000rpm...we put it on the dyno and it blew a big black cloud of smoke and only put out 220hp the first pull then 215hp on the second pull...and i also get a boost spike only when i shift gears and go WOT, it spikes to 30psi then drops back to 24-26psi and makes 240hp to the wheels on the dyno when it has this massive boost spike..anything you guys can help me with on this uni file?

Lou_B5
09-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I dont think the ATW guys are limited to the 440 file according to the website they have a 630 file.
http://unitronic.ca/big-turbo-software-res.php?brand=AUDI&model=A4&year=2000&displacement=1.8T&x=28&y=10

Yeah that still remains the same. 630cc MAF file is the most you can get on the ATW. Uses VR6/TT MAF housing with Unitronic and S4 MAF housing with Eurodyne.

Once the Maestro Suite came out for the 2001 Audi I had to convert to the AMW ECU and engine harness to take advantage of files greater than 630cc and able to do mafless since it's a wideband ecu and sensors.

Seerlah
09-26-2009, 01:28 PM
right now i have the k04 Unitronics stage 2 tune on a 1.8t AEB FWD man....the file is making the car run really rich, at around 2500 rpm you WOT and it surges, the psi bounces from 8-19psi about 5 times before it reaches 4000rpm...we put it on the dyno and it blew a big black cloud of smoke and only put out 220hp the first pull then 215hp on the second pull...and i also get a boost spike only when i shift gears and go WOT, it spikes to 30psi then drops back to 24-26psi and makes 240hp to the wheels on the dyno when it has this massive boost spike..anything you guys can help me with on this uni file?

Not to be that guy, but this should really be an easy fix. An AFPR w/gauge and dial it down till you reach a proper A/F ratio. And the surging would be more of an issue with your DV. Make sure you have the yellow spring in there and it is properly greased and cleaned, seeing how you have a Forge unit.

To the OP, pardon for the thread jack.

elballoonrat
09-26-2009, 01:46 PM
i would buy this if it included the software to adjust it yourself. Instead I am forced to go standalone [=(] i hate my maf anyhow though[:)]

lowandslow4now
09-26-2009, 02:14 PM
I will be honest. If I can to a UNI dealer and get it dialed in just right. I wouldn't need to make any adjustments. The majority of users has no idea how to tune properly. I think the main goal is to set it and forget it.

Gaberossi
09-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Not to be that guy, but this should really be an easy fix. An AFPR w/gauge and dial it down till you reach a proper A/F ratio. And the surging would be more of an issue with your DV. Make sure you have the yellow spring in there and it is properly greased and cleaned, seeing how you have a Forge unit.

To the OP, pardon for the thread jack.

its not the DV I know that... i wouldnt need an AFPR for this tune bc it should be set in the ecu, but for my engine i think there was limited knowledge about this tune and the shop i go to said they probably need to do a custom tune in order to fix the problem...we are currently waiting on response from Uni in regard to the logs my shop sent over

Seerlah
09-26-2009, 02:51 PM
^PM sent

andyrew
09-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I want to see this software in the hands of the consumer... Most guys are changing their setup so much that they want to be able to tune it constantly..

The*Fall*Guy
09-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Tapp's Maestro suite will be released shortly for the Aeb's... With the Maestro the end user has the ability to tweak all the maps himself.. However.. If the end user isn't capable Tapp can e-mail the user whatever flash that the end user wants and the end user can then download the flash themselves..

B5Burn
09-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Tapp's Maestro suite will be released shortly for the Aeb's... With the Maestro the end user has the ability to tweak all the maps himself.. However.. If the end user isn't capable Tapp can e-mail the user whatever flash that the end user wants and the end user can then download the flash themselves..

Very interesting. I am about to overhaul my motor (electronics and tuning, internals are solid)... this is exactly what I want.

I wonder who the the closest dealer is for this...

edit: before I get too far, how do I pinpoint if I fit in this -> All Audi B5 AEB 1.8T with ME3.8/5.9 ECU’s?

Don Supreme
09-28-2009, 06:26 AM
^ Aren't you already running a standalone?

gli_ryan
09-28-2009, 07:14 AM
This unitune would be way cooler if available to everyone, it looks great though. I have the uni 415 file and do not think it works all that well, plus my support has been terrible from you guys. And I don't have a uni dealer anywhere near me. This is definitely discouraging me from buying more uni products. But if this was available to anyone that has already boughten a tune, I would be much more happy.

RAI Motorsport
09-28-2009, 12:19 PM
yeah i know we are going to get a little heat from the guys that want to do the tuning themselves, but this was the way unitronic felt it best to preserve their products. I do understand both sides but i respect what uni is doing, i am sure many of you will too.

I cant speak for the other dealers but we are very excited to work with this. We have always had a really proactive approach in working with any of our big turbo customers to achieve the desired goals. We currently have a good amount of experience tuning multiple standalone platforms, as well as working with MikeZ at unitronic in order to fine tune the OEM bosch ECU's. Our facility also has a AWD Dyno to utilize for tuning. I feel we will see many new dealers emerge with these same capabilities over the next year making this much more accessible. But with the high speed datalogger any dealer supporting the suite will be able to edit your files and send them out to you to reflash on your own. thanks.

Seerlah
09-28-2009, 12:34 PM
No matter how one was to look at it, the Uni-Tune is def a good thing for the Audi community (and other vehicles). It is just the fact that people would rather fine tune it themselves than have someone else do it. Me personaly, would not know how to use the suite. But others would. In which case, there is the dilema of having someone else tune their vehicle which they feel would do a more poor job than themselves ( and would probably be correct).

AudiRacerS4
09-28-2009, 05:14 PM
yeah i know we are going to get a little heat from the guys that want to do the tuning themselves, but this was the way unitronic felt it best to preserve their products. I do understand both sides but i respect what uni is doing, i am sure many of you will too.

I cant speak for the other dealers but we are very excited to work with this. We have always had a really proactive approach in working with any of our big turbo customers to achieve the desired goals. We currently have a good amount of experience tuning multiple standalone platforms, as well as working with MikeZ at unitronic in order to fine tune the OEM bosch ECU's. Our facility also has a AWD Dyno to utilize for tuning. I feel we will see many new dealers emerge with these same capabilities over the next year making this much more accessible. But with the high speed datalogger any dealer supporting the suite will be able to edit your files and send them out to you to reflash on your own. thanks.

so let me get this straight...you can tune an AEB for a 630cc tune?? [confused] If so, is there a discount to people who already have a Uni BT file?

gli_ryan
09-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Is there going to be a cost for this service?

B5Burn
09-28-2009, 09:38 PM
^ Aren't you already running a standalone?

Yessir, it's a llllittle old school though. It's more of a combo-advanced-piggyback-staged EFI... works awesome, but there are much more streamlined systems out now, with greater gains, from less.

B.