PDA

View Full Version : What's my car worth?

juju4uofa
09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Car:
1999.5 A4 1.8T Quattro Manual Sport 82k miles

Mods:
- APR Stage 3+ (300awhp, 300awlb-ft)
- APR Testpipe and Cat-back exhaust
- APR Z-flow intercooler
- APR Cold Air Intake
- Built Head (APR valve guides, Smoothed Ports, 3 angle valve job)
- Integrated Engineering Rods
- ECS Tuning RA4 Flywheel conversion
- Southbend B5 S4 Stage 2 clutch (OEM RS4 pressure plate)
- S4 Fuel Pump
- A8 Front brake upgrade
- Eibach Pro-Kit springs (stock sport struts)
- Painted lowers
- 18" VMR B7 RS4 wheels with 225/40R18 BFG KDW2s (stock swing wheels and tires included)
- Hardwired ipod
- 12" sub and amp (fiberglass box where CD changer used to be)
- 35% window tint
- 4300k HIDs

Needs:
- The front bumper was mutilated to make the intercooler fit. It's on the car as you can see in the pictures but ideally it would be replaced with either an aftermarket or S4 bumper. It hasn't bothered me enough to spend the cash.
- The 18s have some curb rash (only noticeable on one wheel) and 3 of the tires need replacing (I had one extra so I recently put it on). The tires on the stock 16s have lots of life left in them.
- The control arms have never been replaced and even though the car drives fine I feel confident they're close to worn out.

The Kicker:
The car has a salvage title. It has been totalled since I've owned it, was rebuilt by me and my dad, signed off by a certified rebuilder and approved by the state of Alabama. Honestly, the damage was very minimal. The full story with pics can be seen here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140423

I'm debating selling the car as is or buying a B6, putting the 3+ kit on it and selling the B5 with a stock turbo. So, what do you guys think?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/juju4uofa/joel-b5-a4-side.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/juju4uofa/joel-b5-a4-front.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/juju4uofa/joel-b5-a4.jpg

97a41.8t
09-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Unfortunately, a salvaged title is a salvaged title.

If you can find the right buyer that is willing to pay for all the mods and the salvaged vehicle, you can probably get 9-10K. But, chances are you'll only get 5-6K. And if its stock, I would say maybe 3K. My 2 cents

Bimmerman
09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
So are you leaving the 3+ kit on or not?

Unfortunately, a salvaged title is a salvaged title.

If you can find the right buyer that is willing to pay for all the mods and the salvaged vehicle, you can probably get 9-10K. But, chances are you'll only get 5-6K. And if its stock, I would say maybe 3K. My 2 cents

I woulld say you are never going to get 9 out of it, but could get toward 8. I would not take 3K for it , lowest I would go is 4500. The damage was cosmetic and the car is very clean.

EDIT: On a side note, I paid $4500 for mine and it has salvaged title. Having a ST does not scare me on an older car, at this age any B5 that gets into just about any kind of wreck is going to be salvaged due to age/miles. No insurance company is going to invest much into 9-12 year old car.

I feel I got a really sweet deal on my A4, the car is super clean, has fresh t-belt, wheels, tires and the interior looks brand new. The OG owner had the car from new till 100K which is when the wreck happened, they had it repaired then sold. A lot of people rule out a ST vehicle but sometimes they are sweet deals.

juju4uofa
09-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Yea, I'm not expecting to get much. I just wanted to see what others thought. Most likely, the car will never officially go up for sale with the kit on it. If it all plays out I'll buy a b6, swap some stuff around and then get what I can get for the b5. However, if someone makes a tempting offer between now and then, I'll consider letting the kit go.

STS9king
09-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I paid $6700 for my 99 avant w/ 135K miles and APR stg 3 kit. Also has porsche brakes all around, rs4 rep wheels, springs and struts, exterior is 8/10, interior is 9.5/10. Silver on black. My car needed full conrol arm setup and the turbo blew just a week after buying the car. Go figure.

I would say ur car is worth 6-7k as is and 3-4k with stock turbo setup.

If i were you, since you have a built engine, I would keep that car and turn it into a total track car. Gut the interior, set it up with some really good wheels/coilovers and put a larger turbo and tune on it. You have put alot of money into it, you will never get it out if you sell the car with those mods.

adr3naline fix
09-25-2009, 03:24 PM
As it sits without the salvage title I would say you'd get $7500 for it.
Since it has a salvage, and also being that salvage titles are harder to insure in most states, I would get you'd get $5700 for it. Without the stage 3, $3550. Completely stock (w/o wheels, etc) $2500. My 2cents.

JEmm
09-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Put it back to stock and try and get $3k for it. Your not going to get the value of the parts if you keep them on. And btw I love the last pic, looks awesome.

adr3naline fix
09-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Put it back to stock and try and get $3k for it. Your not going to get the value of the parts if you keep them on. And btw I love the last pic, looks awesome.

agreed, how did you take that last pic to make it so sweet?