PDA

View Full Version : Weird Driver Window

ThatA4T
09-24-2009, 12:51 PM
so my driver side window acts really funny. use to be only when it was cold out but now it does it all the time. when i press the button to roll it up it starts to go and then it will slow to a stop. i then have to pull up on the window toward the back of the car. i can feel the window come up as if it is off a track or something but once i pull up it will continue the rest of the way. im not sure that made any sense at all but anyone have this issue? it wasnt a big deal at first but its just one of those things that really GRINDS MY GEARS haha[confused]

schmally
09-24-2009, 12:56 PM
lube your window tracks really good with a lithium grease..

02wrangler
09-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Pull your door panel and clean the track, see if it gets better. If not then you need to pull the motor and run the regulator manually, its easier if its done out of the car but pulling the window up and down should tell you if its messed up.

While you've got it out hook the motor back up to power and run the switch up and down. Whatever doesn't run smoothly needs to be replaced.

ThatA4T
09-24-2009, 01:02 PM
awesome i will take the door panel off and take a look this weekend. thanks for the quick responses! i hope i just need to grease the track