PDA

View Full Version : Quick Radio Code Help....

witwer4444
09-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey guys

Pulled my factory Symphony I radio (Double DIN w/ Bose) from my A4 last week before installing the RNS-D Navi + and I unfortunately do not have the radio code with it. I PM'ed a few guys who had old threads about radio codes but they haven't answered so I thought I would ask you guys. If you can get me the code then pm me and we'll go from there. And yes, the radio is the original radio from the car, not a replacement.

If any of you successfully get me the code then I will throw you $5 via paypal.

Oh and the radio will be up for sale after I get the code for those of you who are going to or are in the process of converting to Double DIN Dash's. Let me know if you are interested and we'll settle on a price. Its in excellent condition, fully functional, with no dents or cracks or broken buttons. Let me know before I put it up in the classifieds.

TIA

Dave

flynnr
09-20-2009, 10:30 PM
sorry to thread jack but i need my code too : ( anyone know how to get it let me know i will also paypal $$ to the finder thanks so much

BUMP

DarkNite
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM
when I pulled my radio out of my old B5, the numbers were scribbled on the radio. I'm not sure if they did that to the cars or I just got lucky with the original owner putting it there.

bmc333
09-23-2009, 06:06 AM
I read in another thread that the code could also be on the sheet of paper with the spare tire...

witwer4444
09-23-2009, 06:09 AM
Hey thanks for that, I havent heard of that one.

My spare tire and rim are brand new though, I bought them on ebay from a dealer in CA. Its a brand new spare and rim from my 2001 Audi A4, from 2001 (tire date is 03/01) that was never used.

So I dont think it would work since its not the original spare.

bmc333
09-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Just found my code in my trunk next to the spare....damn I lucked out! It was on the left hand side of the trunk next to the spare wheel well.

witwer4444
09-23-2009, 09:28 AM
ohhhhhh I gotchya

thanks man that helps a lot. rep goes to you

flynnr
09-23-2009, 09:46 AM
NICE!!! i have to check this!!!
i have been without radio for 3 weeks now... sucks balls... i have driven to another state 3 different times in that 3 week period... with NOTHING to listen to...

im leaving class right now to check on that... if your not right im hunting you down lol

flynnr
09-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Just found my code in my trunk next to the spare....damn I lucked out! It was on the left hand side of the trunk next to the spare wheel well.

what was it written on? or was it pressed into the spare well orrrrrrrr where should i look when i look

flynnr
09-23-2009, 12:11 PM
ok well here goes nothing....

very nice full size spare , never been used, goodyear eagle tire
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/flynnr1/CIMG0729.jpg

nasty, what is that shit... it is hard like carmelized almost, couldnt even get it off with my finger
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/flynnr1/CIMG0725.jpg

ahhh is this it? Or WAS it what looks to be torn off to the left of it (piece of torn paper hanging there)

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/flynnr1/CIMG0728.jpg

(close up ) hopefully its one of those numbers?

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii155/flynnr1/CIMG0726.jpg

flynnr
09-23-2009, 12:14 PM
im hoping its either 0046 (in upper left corner) or 1475 (lower left)

let me know what you think!

i didnt want to try them and get them wrong cause then i have to wait a long time to try again... ugh

any help greatly appreciated

bmc333
09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
That's not what I had - sorry. My info was not in the wheel well, it was taped on floor just to the left of it- where you appear to have nothing. This might have been something they started doing later in the A4, I have an 07 BTW.

flynnr
09-23-2009, 01:05 PM
lol damnit... thanks anyway - maybe ill try that anyways?

witwer4444
09-23-2009, 04:29 PM
damn you

I want my rep back!! haha just kidding.

Well, I guess BUMP because I'm back to where I was when I started this thread.

witwer4444
10-14-2009, 05:29 PM
bump

Seerlah
10-14-2009, 05:43 PM
PM sent

Jc61990
10-14-2009, 06:09 PM
usually the radio code is on a business card thing in the owners manual. if you dont have the card you usually need to get the vin# from the original car, and u can go to the dealer and they can look it up. but they will charge you

jesters22
10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
and they charge i think 60$.. luckily when i bought my car i had on the bill of sale that dealer was responsible for radio fix.. when i picked it up. wasn't fix'd yet so i drove to the audi dealership. and had it done and the place i bought my car from picked up the tab.

puz84
10-14-2009, 06:35 PM
bmc your such an ass.

Most likely just go to the dealer and with a small charge($50-100) they'll be able to retrieve your code.

Seerlah
10-14-2009, 06:41 PM
$75 for a code for YOUR OWN VEHICLE is not a small charge. $5-$10 is a small charge.

flynnr
10-23-2009, 08:51 AM
ok well everyone says to "SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH" when someone asks a question that there are obviously answers to, so i am going to go back to all my posts about this damned radio code thing and post my end result... you should all read this it is very helpful... (so sorry if the front page is loaded with radio code stuff today!)

i had the same problem as you fools for about 3 months... yes, im in college and have been driving to my girlfriends place (1 hour away) fairly often and back home (2 hours) occasionally with NO RADIO because of that damn stupid audi safe mode...

first off i bought the little keys to take out the radio... i have taken many a radio out in the past 8 years and have never, ever had a problem (when using the proper keys). well i couldnt get mine out! i made a post on here trying to figure it out but no luck...

so a week or so later on a sat i drove the 30+ mins to the nearest audi dealership, and their service department was closed, but one service guy happened to be just about to leave so i caught up to him and asked him about it... he told me they would have to take the radio out and do all this shit with the VIN and AUZ# on the back of the radio which would be "a half hour atleast" ($50 or more) this kinda pissed me off i was hoping they would just do it.... but like everyone else with this problem they wouldnt...

i then tried another set of keys hoping mine were just off a little... again didnt work...

so, me being very frustrated at this point (about a week ago now) i randomly was watching an episode of dexter and decided to call up carosel audi in the twin cities (where my car was bought new) (i am 3rd owner) anyways i got a service guy on the phone and politely told him i had been working on my car, took the battery out for a bit and then my radio has been in safe mode ever sence... well he just said you should go out to your car and read me off the VIN number from your car...

i went out and read the VIN to him and about a minute later he says "ok here we go your radio code is 1477" and i said ok thanks a lot and he said youre welcome and i hung up the phone in disbelief. sprinted outside to my car pushed in those 2 buttons and then typed in 1477 and pressed the 2 buttons again and my radio fking turned right on!!!

wow i was so happy. i couldnt believe i didnt try that to start off (the reason i didnt was because i read on here that they woudnt do it like that, and couldnt even do it like that ) but it worked !

so morale of the story is that you should just call in a dealership and tell them you need your radio code pulled and you know they can do it haha (maybe drop the line of you need the radio code to sell the car to a friend so you can go into their dealership and buy a new audi, but this is holding the sale back ;) )

you might need to call the dealership that your car was originally bought at though? i dont know but that worked for me.

good day hope this helped

witwer4444
10-23-2009, 10:53 AM
quattro16 said he'd send me it for $25

YA RIGHT!

flynnr
10-23-2009, 11:06 AM
yeah he told me that too... told me to paypal him $25... its free...

witwer4444
10-23-2009, 11:18 AM
i'd do it for $5.

But the thing I dont get: does he work at a dealer? I mean if he did then wouldnt he have to charge what they charge? I thought it was either $59 or free depending on where you call, so that $25 seems suspiciously random...

Mutley
10-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Can someone confirm where the code is located on the sticker a member posted earlier in this thread? I need to retrieve mine as well and I have the sticker intact. FYI I've already tried the "0046" number thinking it was the radio code (it was also 0046 on mine)