PDA

View Full Version : Amp for 05 s4

lakiasj
09-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty new with audio.... I wanted to know if i put and amp in my car will it make that much of a difference with the sound or stock sub woofer?

[s4]

mlchael4
09-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Do you currently have a Bose stereo? The bose system has it's own amp in the trunk on the righthand side behind the trim.

lakiasj
09-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Do you currently have a Bose stereo? The bose system has it's own amp in the trunk on the righthand side behind the trim.

Yeah i think so... im just looking to add more push to the system and i thought an after market amp would help.... is there adjustments on the stock amp to where i can push the gains and subwoofer?

mlchael4
09-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately I don't believe there are any adjustments on the stock amp. do your speakers say Bose on them..if so, you have a Bose system.

Also, the amp for the Bose system powers all the speakers, not just the sub. Although, you might be able to hook up an external amp for an additional sub (or replace the stock sub) and bypass the factory amp.

There are some threads about this floating around somewhere.
Here is just one I found:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163304&highlight=bose+amp

Hope that helps.

mlchael4
09-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Also, what head unit do you have, the symphony II?
Have you adjusted any of the settings under the menu option? There are a few somewhat secret ways (or easter eggs if you will) to tweak setting to get the best sound out of the factory radio.

lakiasj
09-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Also, what head unit do you have, the symphony II?
Have you adjusted any of the settings under the menu option? There are a few somewhat secret ways (or easter eggs if you will) to tweak setting to get the best sound out of the factory radio.

Thank you kindly