PDA

View Full Version : Cold morning startups

AKIDD'SA4
12-22-2004, 01:07 PM
This morning I started her up....and I have been noticing a clicking noise and rough noise in the front left side of my hood....after sitting for a few minutes it warms up and goes away.... Does anyone know what that might be...cold belt possibly...? or is something not working properly?

Neo1130
12-22-2004, 01:33 PM
My guess would be lifters... It is pretty common...

EVIL-AUDI
12-22-2004, 01:34 PM
My car has not been a fan of these cold days either.

Weejie
12-22-2004, 06:21 PM
just started mine yesterday after almost a week of freezing or below freezing temps. took a while. she didn't like to be awakened.

mine made some noises for a minute too, but i haven't heard them since. hoping to never hear them again.

drlandry00
12-22-2004, 07:03 PM
I also live where it is cold. alot... and i noticed that if i shut the heater off until it warms up, those noises, clicking and jsut ugly noises, go away. give it a try, then blast the heat when it is warm. she does start slow sometimes.... good luck
00 a4 1.8tqm

AKIDD'SA4
12-23-2004, 07:49 AM
exactly guys, I hear them and then they go away...just wondered if I have a problem...I guess it will all good until something breaks......Woke up this morning had 12 inches of snow on my car......I have a garage outback....but parked in the street earlier..and didnt put it in there overnight.....sucks...spent 20 minutes digging her out....although when I got going the quattro kicked ass in the snow...alot more control than my old FWD Accord...