PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum

DankesterA
09-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey hows it going im Anthony live in MN, I drive 97 A4 2.8... qauttro panzer tank with a MT. I bought the car a sort of a project to undo what the previous owner did to it which was altezza tail lights and side exit exhaust ect. As the car sits I'm looking to take the body kit off, it has the ugly ass V2 sides and valence which I don't like and replace it with something cleaner. Problem is I'm going to keep the front bumper which will make my car look like a snow plow. I'm thinking Reiger V1 sides and I wanted to get the euro rear lip but heard it doesn't fit. I'm open to suggestions. Future mods for sure include coilovers and maybe just maybe a8l's. Here are a few pics... it's a work in progress.

Here is what it looks like now
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2289/hpim1064.jpg

Here is what it looked like a couple months ago
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/145/hpim0862.jpg

Seerlah
09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
That is a Kerscher front bumper or replica. Either way, they would both come in fiberglass, so it really would not matter. There are matching skirts, but some don't like the look of it. Link. (http://www.lltek.com/images/kerstek/A4_B5_side_skirt_KERB5_06_Z.jpg) They can usually be found for cheap from people parting with them for around $200. But OEM S4 side skirts seems to be the best way to go.

Anyways welcome to Audizine and nice ride[up]. Ever think of changing those headlights?

Gaberossi
09-03-2009, 02:18 PM
welcome to the zine

B5 Quattro
09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Welcome hope that you like it here.

dcampana
09-03-2009, 04:08 PM
as Seerlah stated. the s4 sides would look good. welcome to the zine, and nice ride:)

oneohone
09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Welcome man. Nogaro is a nice color to start with, now you just need some OEM love.

Coopa
09-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I saw this so many different times when I was on craiglist looking for my b5. I was thinking about buying it and doing the same thing you are but I just didn't have the funds for it. I used to travel up to the Kato skatepark alot and know my way around up there somewhat.
edit- I like the idea of a8l's on a a4 alot, considering it myself actually. But beware..you'll probably get alot of "baaaallin!!" comments hahah

pja0750
09-04-2009, 03:59 AM
looking good, gotta rep MN [:)]

DankesterA
09-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome without flaming me about the rice lol, but yes it is my project to d-rice. Yeah I found this on CL and picked it up by St Louis Park. It has custom paint with a bit of metal flake in it kind of unique, so far I really like the car other then a few problems. Coopa were having a meet and cruise on the 18th around 6pm if you can make it up here the info is on mnaudi.

I like the S4 side skirts but I think they still might look to high for the front bumper, I've seen one A4 with my front bumper and s4 sides and it looked sick but he also had a boser hood and staggered wheels to go with the downward flow to the front end. So im torn on the idea of S4 sides, If I could find somone with the set up that I would have with the s4's that would be more convincing. Yes I have thought about switching out the lights in time.

Gaberossi
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
all im doing to the outside of my car is getting OEM S4 bumpers and skirts...then getting a CF hood and fenders then painting them to match the car