PDA

View Full Version : MBC hookup-double check

biketsai
08-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Just making sure that I have my MBC hooked up right, can never be too sure.
This is how I have it done, the N75 is still connected through the electrical plug, the two ends on the n75 are not capped off, and the last end of the n75 is still connected to the hose that runs by the intake/up to the checkvalve above the intake box (recirculation/pcv)

I have the VAST MBC and it is hooked up just like this...
http://vastperformance.com/shop/images/fpr_mbc_instructions_8_TEXT_web.JPG

I have no idea what im doing with the bleed screw/how am i supposed to have it?

lowandslow4now
08-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Are you talking about the boost adjustment screw on top?

Seerlah
08-27-2009, 08:29 AM
I have an mbc, but never installed it. What I was going to do was run it parallel with the n75. Leave everything just the way it is, then add t-fittings on the line going from the wastegate to the n75 and another t-fitting for the other line coming from the n75. The diagram you have above tells which nipple of the mbc you would t-off into.

As for setting the mbc, it is a trial and error thing till you get your desired setting. The closer the boost adjuster is to the mbc, the less psi you will have. You loosen the black locking nut, then dial the adjuster at 1/4 turns (that is what I would have done) till you reach your desired boost setting.

biketsai
08-27-2009, 08:33 AM
I have the adjustment part down, Im just checking to see if I have the hoses hooked up right etc, non parellel, parallel. Been running this part for over a year but im trying to eliminate factors causing my late boost.

lowandslow4now
08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
I run it with just the MBC and the N75 off to the side somewhere electrically plugged in.With the MBC you will see faster spoolup. I wouldnt run it along with the N75

B5A4Kevin
08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
I have an mbc, but never installed it. What I was going to do was run it parallel with the n75.

^^x2 the best way for the dbw cars is to run parallel with whatever n75 you decide to run. the reasoning is that when properly adjusted, it eliminates boost spikes/surging/fluctuation. adjust it like seerlah said and when its set up right, the turbo will spool to what your desired setting is and hold it there steadily rather than an over boost spike then dropping below or fluctuating around your desired boost level.

this is also safer than just running 1 metering device since if one fails the other acts as backup.

biketsai
08-27-2009, 08:54 AM
If ran with the n75 will it still allow me to boost to 23 psi? That's one thing I am concerned about. I'm not too worried about overboost ATM because my setup builds boost slow enough for me to keep an eye on it.

mike-2ptzero
08-27-2009, 09:00 AM
If ran with the n75 will it still allow me to boost to 23 psi? That's one thing I am concerned about. I'm not too worried about overboost ATM because my setup builds boost slow enough for me to keep an eye on it.

In parallel, NO. In series, Yes.

Seerlah
08-27-2009, 09:02 AM
At what RPM do you reach full spool? If I recall correctly, it is up there? You ever consider your tune may be acting up?