PDA

View Full Version : I just need to burn her to the ground

black99.5a4
08-26-2009, 06:20 PM
i have posted acouple times about my oil consumption problem.

it was all fixed.. i took my MBC off and ran just n75.. a day or 2 and the slight oil burning while hot from a take off was gone.

now that i stick the mbc back on, its back.

i have an AEB with federal emissions so I have no suction jet pump, my PCV system is literally 1 3/8 hose off the intake by the TB into a breather valve that goes into a rubber Tee, one end of that tee is the S hose (breather hose in block) and the other side is the hard line across the back into the pancake valve.

pancake valve is new, hard line well nothing can wrong there, rubber tee is new, breather valve is new, s hose i just replaced the other day.. the tee and valve were replaced 2 months ago tops.

wtf can it be, its almost making me wanna rip everything out of the car and piss in it and hope its better.

somehow the crank case is building boost and pushing oil through the system.

could i of torn something when i boost leak tested it and that is where its at?

i didnt have an oil cap gasket till the other day, and it would push up and spray air when i'd get to 6psi when boost leak testing.

zrowcool
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM
time or a catch can i guess. It sounds like you covered all the bases but still have the same issue.

ghost6303
08-26-2009, 07:12 PM
yea, i would think its either a bad check valve or something to do with your PCV system mods. are you sure the oil is coming from that breather line? is the inside of your TIP soaked? a catch can would be the second easiest thing to do.

the most easiest would be to just leave your MBC off.

Poopie
08-26-2009, 07:13 PM
are you running more boost with the mbc? maybe your turbo seal is going

walky_talky20
08-26-2009, 10:16 PM
The breather valve inside the rubber "T" should seal off completely under boost pressure. It is pretty easy for them to get clogged and not seal off. The sealing surface for the little plastic disk inside has to be clean.

You can probably test it easily by taking off the vacuum line from the intake manifold that leads to the breather valve. Then blow into it as hard as you can and make sure it holds the pressure. You could probably use an air compressor set to 10 psi or so as well. I replaced mine because it was leaking under boost, but they are actually real easy to clean.

That is the only way I see boost pressure being able to enter the system, there is no other way. You could always put an additional check valve in between the intake manifold and the breather valve, just to make sure that line never sees positive pressure.

A4Rob
08-26-2009, 11:16 PM
now that i stick the mbc back on, its back.

Pull the MBC back out for emissions...

black99.5a4
08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
there is nothing i need to do for emissions... i just need to figure out why its still causing boost into the crank case.

i'll clean the breather valve.

i'm only guessing it is coming from the hard pcv line because the pancake always has oil in it.. not dumping out, but enough it will drip everywhere and looks 'wet' inside.

other then that, where everyone else has a suction jet pump, i have a 90* of fthe intake and a check valve.. all appears to be factory (1 time use clamps and all).. maybe that check valve is bad but i dont think it goes to the crankcase at all.

onemoremile
08-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I have the same problem and am looking into replacing the PCV system with industrial valves and a catch can with it's vent plumbed into the exhaust. I'd like to add a third o2 sensor bung behind the post cat one and run the vent to that.