PDA

View Full Version : ABS and Brake light come on at 80 +MPH

TverRus69
08-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I searched, but couldnt find anything directly connected. My ABS light comes on (steady light) and my brake light starts flashing when i hit 80+ MPH and then resets after i turn the car off. Speed sensor?

pfa65
08-24-2009, 07:17 PM
abs module

xdewaynex
08-24-2009, 07:41 PM
could also be wheel speed sensors. ive been having the same problem, had it scanned via vag-com and it pulled up the front wheel speed sensors.

zrowcool
08-24-2009, 07:44 PM
try cleaning the wheel sensors, if not then its the module. I just took mine out to send it to get rebuilt.

esee135
08-24-2009, 09:41 PM
I just did a post on the ABS module. I actually was successful in fixing the module for about a 1 week. I now have issues with a collapsed receiver pin on the wiring harness and a wheel sensor. If you have VAG-COM and can communicate with the ABS module, then the module is generally okay. If you have a wheel sensor error, I found that it will store a code that you can reset, only to be set the next time it triggers like . I've half given up on this ABS business.

I did find that when I got a wheel sensor only failure, it stored a code, and the ABS light alone would stay on solid at the next restart until I would clear the code in VAG-COM. If I had the solid ABS light, and when I nailed a speed that would cause the wheel sensor code again, the e-brake light would start flashing.

When the ABS module is dead in the water, you get the solid ABS and the flashing brake light on start up. Bosch's engineering staff should be shot for putting gold trace wires in the ABS module.

magnum46
08-25-2009, 06:37 AM
Do you have the link for your post. It looks like my ABS is also kaput.
I get a solid ABS now and the flashing brake light accompanied with a loud and long beep.

Have to figure out what to do next.

Should I pay for a vag-com + diagnostic vs, clean sensor vs rebuilt ABS......

magnum46
08-25-2009, 06:42 AM
could also be wheel speed sensors. ive been having the same problem, had it scanned via vag-com and it pulled up the front wheel speed sensors.

Where are the wheel sensors? and how to pull out, inspect and clean?

magnum46
08-25-2009, 06:43 AM
try cleaning the wheel sensors, if not then its the module. I just took mine out to send it to get rebuilt.

How to take out the sensor?
Can you PM me the source to rebuild the ABS?