PDA

View Full Version : 2000 a4 door lock help

MJG80392
08-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi, im new to the audi world and now own a 2000 audi a4. I love the car but ran into a minor problem. Since the keyless entry doesnt work anymore i used to lock and unlock the car solely from the driver side door , but it seems the lock cylinder it self wore out to the point where i cant lock or unlock the car anymore. When i attempt to lock or unlock the key just clicks and spins verrry smoothly around the cylinder ...it basically does a complete 360 with out a hint of the key catching. So im just wondering what to do?[confused][confused]

NewJerseyDevil
01-08-2010, 11:10 AM
me too ...same here

ECS Tuning-Audi
01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
This is a common problem actually. For my car the fix was removing the door card and reattaching the plastic clips that run from the lock cylinder to the door lock metal rod. Is is common for this rod to slip completely out of the lock cylinder mechanism. After you take the door card off, the fix takes about 2 minutes.

Good luck!

turbo944s2
01-09-2010, 01:05 AM
LOL that happened to mine too, soon as I get back on the road Ill fix it, Thanks for the tip.

somebody5788
01-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Why doesn't the keyless work? Is the central locking pump bad or do you just need to reprogram the remote after a battery replacement?

Neelym90
01-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Chris is the fix pretty obvious if that's the problem? Thanks for your input

clarkperez2334
10-23-2010, 02:41 AM
MJG80392 wrote:
Hi, im new to the audi world and now own a 2000 audi a4. I love the car but ran into a minor problem. Since the keyless entry doesnt work anymore i used to lock and unlock the car solely from the driver side door , but it seems the lock cylinder it self wore out to the point where i cant lock or unlock the car anymore. When i attempt to lock or unlock the key just clicks and spins verrry smoothly around the cylinder ...it basically does a complete 360 with out a hint of the key catching. So im just wondering what to do?

i think you have a loose connection or a broken wire which resulted to the door locking and unlocking, not opening and closing. I would suggest you to have a car door lock (http://www.jcwhitney.com/alarms-remote-car-starters-keyless-entry-and-locks/c480j1s17.jcwx) replacement.