PDA

View Full Version : Trans upgrade?

hitman612s
08-11-2009, 02:44 PM
About 3 months ago I purchased a B7 A4 2.0T. I have done a few mods since I've had the car. (VMR test pipe, K&N intake, KMD HPFP upgrade, KMD Cam Follower upgrade, Forge DV w./ atmospheric spacer, Revo Stage 2+ ECU Flash)
My 3rd gear is beginning to grind when shifting at high RPM. It is probably a syncro and only going to get worse being as I drive the car pretty hard on the weekends. I obviously want to fix this problem but I would also like to upgrade the trans completely in order to handle the added power of my current mods and future mods. What parts should I look into getting and where can I find them?

I'm sure this has been discussed before so if there is another thread discussing this, please just point me in that direction and i will gladdly follow it.

Thank you in advance...

epyx
08-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Have you tried changing the tranny fluid? That would be my first suggestion and will probably buy you some time.

hitman612s
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I am actually going to change the fluid this weekend. Hopefully there is no metal flakes in it. Either way I would still like to make it a bit stronger. I plan on doing a BT setup soon and I would like know that my trans is not going to take a dump on me. I know people have said these transmissions can handle the power but with my luck its better safe than sorry.

epyx
08-13-2009, 10:35 AM
What do you plan on putting in? If you hav never changed it, its going to make a world of difference. FYI I went with Motul Gear300.