PDA

View Full Version : Mirror

Tomm
08-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Need to get a new mirror on the passenger side to pass inspection. A couple of months ago i found one online for $25 (the mirror mounted on the plastic thing and including the heater, just to press into the holders inside the cover). I didn't buy it then but now that i need to buy it i cant find the same one by googling for it. The best I can find is a glue-on mirror for about the same price. That's not nearly as nice a deal.

Did anyone buy this mirror with heater and plastic bracket recently and still have a valid link to the seller?

thanks

David

DGAFxxx
08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Check out ecstuning.com

I bought mine from there last year

Tomm
08-05-2009, 03:31 AM
Thanks, nice store, but the part is a bit expensive $130, there must be some cheaper aftermarket somwhere.

flynnr
08-05-2009, 08:35 PM
i went to an autoglass shop and had them cut me a new one. $20 installed. 15 mins. couldnt pass it up

walky_talky20
08-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I bought an entire mirror housing with good autodimming glass and motor on eBay for around $60. Maybe give world impex a call. When I was checking around, they had some pretty good prices on new regular (blue tinted non autodim glass). Just make sure you get the correct size (normal or stubby size). Glass shop is the cheapest option, but I wanted to retain the factory auto dimming.

Tomm
08-06-2009, 06:37 AM
I eventually ordered the glass to glue on, on ebay, company called hubcapsplus. The glass supposedly has the heater lines on the backside, it cost $25 with free shipping. Seemed like the best deal available right at the moment, but the bracket mounted one is better because it also has the burn-out preventing component that the early A4s lack - wich is why the mirror heating almost never works on the older cars. Thanks for responses -David.