PDA

View Full Version : dash removal

dreVanHalen
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
please help guys. I am looking for a DIY on removing the dash. I will be installing a new system tomorrow and since I have to rewire the speakers, I am going to need some room to work with. PLEASE help me asap.

onemoremile
07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Don't remove the dash, just the radio surround. It pulls off.

arorem
07-20-2009, 02:20 PM
^ x2. Removing the dash will be way more work than you need to do to install a stereo.

dreVanHalen
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
i know how to install the headunit. I am just worried because I have to run all new speaker wire to bypass the stock bose amp. do you think i will have enough room do do that with the dash still on?

TurboAudiGuy
07-20-2009, 02:44 PM
I kept the stock speaker wiring and just ran it from the wires that were connected to the bose amp in the back. Also there is plenty of room to run rca's and w/e else through the glove box area to the back along the side panels. Are you using a 4channel amp for the new system or just the headunit?

onemoremile
07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
i know how to install the headunit. I am just worried because I have to run all new speaker wire to bypass the stock bose amp. do you think i will have enough room do do that with the dash still on?

I've done hundreds of installs in all sorts of cars and never had to pull a dashboard to run wires.

Toyotatech
07-20-2009, 06:54 PM
So does anyone have a link to a dash removal DIY for people searching in the future, I can't seem to find one.

the_pirate
07-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Remove the knee bolster and glove box, remove the center console, remove the steering wheel column trim, remove the 6 - 8 bolts holding on the airbag on the passenger side, remove the 10 bolts under the dash, disconnect the center vents from the blower, disconnect all electrical wires running to the dash (light up vents if you have them). Its not that hard just time consuming. You have to pull the dash towards you to free it from two clips. Do it slowly to make sure everything is disconnected DO NOT YANK ON IT!

I couldn't find a write-up and I have a Bentley (which I barely used).

onemoremile
07-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Click my pic.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/onemoremile/IMG_5107.jpg
(http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173307)