PDA

View Full Version : (eastwick897's) - Autospeed GT3071R Build

Pages : [1] 2

eastwick897
07-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Since everyone is making a thread for their builds or turbo upgrades I thought I might as well make one to contribute to the site. I'm planning on going with Autospeeds GT3071r upgrade. I'm going to be dropping the car off July 6th for the install of the turbo, manifold, turbo bracket, intake pipe, injectors, and for now the KMD HPFP until Autospeed makes one. Many of you have heard of this kit already from GPULTRO who's currently running it on his car and is making a nice amount of power. I'm planning on running the turbo on stock internals for about a year on a conservative tune then building up the engine completely. This is a layout of what is to come. I'll be installing the air/water cooler this weekend hopefully and taking some pics of the parts and posting them up. I'll also post up pics as I install the chargecooler. This is my basic idea

The parts list:
GT3071r-WG
ATP manifold
RS4 injectors
Autospeed tune
Turbo inlet pipe
K&N air filter
OEM Piston DV
ER Competition FMIC Type III Anodized black/ black piping
South Bend Stage 4 clutch
Derale 13200 power steering cooler
BSH catch Can
KMD HPFP
Autospeed engine mounts
HFC

Some parts I already have and am in the process of acquiring:
Ferrea Complete valvetrain set
ARP head studs
IE Rods rifle drilled
Schrick 250/256 cams
Calico rod bearings

Pics:
the car..
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6416/img0445i.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/img0445i.jpg/)

ferrea valvetrain..
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5045/img0462m.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/img0462m.jpg/)

Air/fuel- Oil Pressure gauge in one. Thanks to winston at Podi..
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4814/img0463bhh.jpg (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/img0463bhh.jpg/)

Derale Poewr steering cooler. Thanks to shawn@1552.
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5871/img0464k.jpg (http://img194.imageshack.us/i/img0464k.jpg/)

Turbo =)
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3604/img0560ckj.jpg (http://img20.imageshack.us/i/img0560ckj.jpg/)
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8818/img0561w.jpg (http://img32.imageshack.us/i/img0561w.jpg/)

SykoraA4
07-01-2009, 06:56 PM
i'm looking forward to this!

ggg20t
07-01-2009, 06:59 PM
hmm - how much do you think this is all going to cost?

ggg20t
07-01-2009, 06:59 PM
oh yea - and by the way, i'm pumped to see this!!!

dchan189
07-01-2009, 07:00 PM
how much will this run total plus install?

kannon
07-01-2009, 07:00 PM
please post up your thoughts on the vf air water charge cooler when you get it on. and sounds like a sweet project you got going. im jealous.

slimmj0k3r
07-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Wooooooooooord. this is going to be a sick build!

jrock
07-01-2009, 08:23 PM
NOOOOOO! You should go with the gt3076r. Similar boost lag with 100+hp capabilities over the 3071. Will need pics of the buildup as well![:D]

eastwick897
07-01-2009, 10:10 PM
NOOOOOO! You should go with the gt3076r. Similar boost lag with 100+hp capabilities over the 3071. Will need pics of the buildup as well![:D]

Well I want to leave room to upgrade if I ever get bored. I've rode in the 3071r and I think that power band is fine. I'm not looking to be the fastest or have the highest numbers. Just something solid and enjoyable for myself. Thanks for the input though [up][up][up]

eastwick897
07-01-2009, 10:11 PM
hmm - how much do you think this is all going to cost?

Have no idea dude. Don't really want to add it up either might hurt the ego lol I'm collecting the parts little by little. Once the turbo kit is on the car i'll let you guys know how much I paid for it.

audiction01
07-01-2009, 10:47 PM
wooooooow im so jealous....j/p good luck wid da build....cant wait to see it done.....for how long have u been collecting pieces

eastwick897
07-01-2009, 10:51 PM
quite a few months already.

ataylor
07-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Have no idea dude. Don't really want to add it up either might hurt the ego lol I'm collecting the parts little by little. Once the turbo kit is on the car i'll let you guys know how much I paid for it.

I'd much rather follow a build like this,

as opposed to one where the OP says

"I'm here, I'm doing something bigger and better than all of you have ever considered, because I'm not scared, and I'm willing to take chances that you're all not willing to take, and I'm prepared to spend money that you all don't have access to, and you're all going to be blown away by what you see!"

so fucking [up] to you man. I hope it goes smoothly!

eastwick897
07-01-2009, 11:10 PM
I'd much rather follow a build like this,

as opposed to one where the OP says

"I'm here, I'm doing something bigger and better than all of you have ever considered, because I'm not scared, and I'm willing to take chances that you're all not willing to take, and I'm prepared to spend money that you all don't have access to, and you're all going to be blown away by what you see!"

so fucking [up] to you man. I hope it goes smoothly!

Thanks dude I appreciate the comment

eastwick897
07-01-2009, 11:35 PM
please post up your thoughts on the vf air water charge cooler when you get it on. and sounds like a sweet project you got going. im jealous.

I have to figure out how to install this thing first lol

Doctor
07-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Beautiful things are coming for a beautiful car. Nice man.

smartyin
07-02-2009, 05:35 AM
gd to see more and more BT build up in A4 forum~!

GD JOB~!KEEP IT UP!AND IS THE chargecooler for A4 or gti? how much does it cost...?

dougyfresh
07-02-2009, 06:03 AM
wait... the ASP B7 'kit' uses an ATP exhaust manifold? I was under the impression that the entire kit was developed in-house with their own products and a Garrett turbocharger.

eastwick897
07-02-2009, 07:45 AM
wait... the ASP B7 'kit' uses an ATP exhaust manifold? I was under the impression that the entire kit was developed in-house with their own products and a Garrett turbocharger.

No, they use the ATP manifold with the wastegate hole blocked off. Mark says this is working fine right now and maybe sometime in the future will they develop their own manifold.

eastwick897
07-02-2009, 07:46 AM
gd to see more and more BT build up in A4 forum~!

GD JOB~!KEEP IT UP!AND IS THE chargecooler for A4 or gti? how much does it cost...?

Its for an A4 and if you call VF up right now they can hook you up with a promotional price.

dougyfresh
07-02-2009, 08:25 AM
No, they use the ATP manifold with the wastegate hole blocked off. Mark says this is working fine right now and maybe sometime in the future will they develop their own manifold.

Interesting.

Sounds like a good build. Keep it up. Looking forward to the progress. Think you'll have it tuned and running for Waterfest? You coming up next weekend? I won't be around but heard you might be in the area.

gpultro
07-02-2009, 08:51 AM
ur shit is going to be redic bro cant wait to see it @ ASP

Sal_B7
07-02-2009, 09:00 AM
damn!!! That is going to be sweet!!! Good stuff man!!!

Nice ride as well!!

viziers
07-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Hey man quick question..... How did you overcome or find a solution for the Low Pressure Fuel side for the GT3071r???? care to shed some light????

vizi

A4Rob
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Moooaaaar pics! Nice build

eastwick897
07-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Interesting.

Sounds like a good build. Keep it up. Looking forward to the progress. Think you'll have it tuned and running for Waterfest? You coming up next weekend? I won't be around but heard you might be in the area.

Yea i should have it back for waterfest. I'd be down to go up next weekend I just have to find out what time he leaves because I might be at work at the time.

eastwick897
07-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey man quick question..... How did you overcome or find a solution for the Low Pressure Fuel side for the GT3071r???? care to shed some light????

vizi

Well I'm going to be running the car with the stock motor for a while. GPULTRO is running the car right now on stock internals at I believe 21 psi and he isn't having any LP fuel issues. I believe that anything over this the LP side has to be addressed so for now I should be fine but once I get the motor built I'll be taking care of the LP fuel side and re-tuning for more boost.

eastwick897
07-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Moooaaaar pics! Nice build

Going to get more pics up when I install the chargecooler this weekend and I'll ask Mark to snap some shots as he installs the turbo and related hardware.

dougyfresh
07-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Going to get more pics up when I install the chargecooler this weekend and I'll ask Mark to snap some shots as he installs the turbo and related hardware.

It would be beneficial if he wants to sell more kits. I really hope this works out for him. The B5 and B6 GT28RS kits never really took off. Guess they were a tad late to the market. Tell him I said hello and he owes me a return phone call to chat about things (B6 and B7 related) [;)].

smartyin
07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Its for an A4 and if you call VF up right now they can hook you up with a promotional price.
hi dude
i checked their web site, i don't find any information of it. .....[headbang]
but it sound like a cool stuff though

Paul@VF
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Looking real good Danny, I'm def. subscribing to your build. [up]

Feel free to hit me up if you need any help.

hi dude
i checked their web site, i don't find any information of it. .....[headbang]
but it sound like a cool stuff though

Everything is being updated at this moment.

Shoot me a PM, I can take care of you. [;)]

swoardrider
07-02-2009, 05:15 PM
eastwick897,
Are you planning on on installing the VF Air/water cooler on the car when it is still stock? If so, any plans to do some logging and dyno runs? I'd love to see some testing between the stock ICs and this set up. I'd also be interested in seeing what happens when you run the car hard, then let it sit for 20 min, then run it again. Will all that hot water create massive heatsoak??

eastwick897
07-02-2009, 05:38 PM
eastwick897,
Are you planning on on installing the VF Air/water cooler on the car when it is still stock? If so, any plans to do some logging and dyno runs? I'd love to see some testing between the stock ICs and this set up. I'd also be interested in seeing what happens when you run the car hard, then let it sit for 20 min, then run it again. Will all that hot water create massive heatsoak??

It'll probably be on the stock turbo for a total of two or 3 days. I highly doubt i'm going to compare the stock IC with this setup. I don't really have the time to do things like that. Even when the car is sitting the water will be circulating around the radiator and the core so I doubt I'll experience much heat soak. Air/water functions much like a stock radiator cools a car. The system is constantly working so the the water will never just be sitting. Another reason I will be using anti- freeze as opposed to just water is because it has a higher boiling point and a lower freezing point.

Jer
07-02-2009, 05:55 PM
It'll probably be on the stock turbo for a total of two or 3 days. I highly doubt i'm going to compare the stock IC with this setup. I don't really have the time to do things like that. Even when the car is sitting the water will be circulating around the radiator and the core so I doubt I'll experience much heat soak. Air/water functions much like a stock radiator cools a car. The system is constantly working so the the water will never just be sitting. Another reason I will be using anti- freeze as opposed to just water is because it has a higher boiling point and a lower freezing point.

You'll be amazed with how much heat soak you get. I pulled the A2W intercooler setup from my Typhoon and was WAY happy with the A2A and will NEVER own a street car w/a W2A charge cooler again. Has it's place in drag racing where you can optimize the conditions for around ten seconds but there's a reason they're rarely used in street applications.

If you're running radiator fluid through it keep in mind that your engine runs at 190 degrees before the cooling fan even kicks in which means on a dyno the best you'll see is about 200deg and your turbo will heat it from there. A2A at least your ambient temp base is whatever room temp is which will be about half of your baseline with what you're talking about. The best bet is a decent A2A setup and methanol/water injection for amazing cooling and repeatable runs.

eastwick897
07-02-2009, 06:38 PM
You'll be amazed with how much heat soak you get. I pulled the A2W intercooler setup from my Typhoon and was WAY happy with the A2A and will NEVER own a street car w/a W2A charge cooler again. Has it's place in drag racing where you can optimize the conditions for around ten seconds but there's a reason they're rarely used in street applications.

If you're running radiator fluid through it keep in mind that your engine runs at 190 degrees before the cooling fan even kicks in which means on a dyno the best you'll see is about 200deg and your turbo will heat it from there. A2A at least your ambient temp base is whatever room temp is which will be about half of your baseline with what you're talking about. The best bet is a decent A2A setup and methanol/water injection for amazing cooling and repeatable runs.

Well to each his own. The bugatti veyron uses a air/water system. Don't really see many of them on the street but it technically is a street car and there engineers must have saw something positive with it lol. I'm not going to change now and am sticking with my plan. If things don't work out I guess i'll have learned a lesson the hard way. I don't think the system kicks in at the same time the cars cooling system does. I believe it kicks in as soon as the car is turned on. Thanks for the input though I appreciate it.

Paul@VF
07-02-2009, 07:01 PM

Thats funny.. We have successfully used Air/Water cooling for consistent aftercooling on high compression and high power 500hp+ forced induction systems for years.

We developed and use air/water chargecooling systems on all our high performance platforms; Porche, BMW, and Audi with much success.

When using correctly specd components, a chargecooler AKA (air/water) is superior to any intercooler (air/air). No doubt the hardcore air/air enthusiasts will strongly disgaree, however many high powered production cars use chargecooling, including most Mercedes AMG models.

The key difference between A/A and A/W aftercooling is that that you are cooling the boost charge with ambient air with A/A. With A/W you are cooling water which in turn cools the boost charge.

In an A/W system, the water is usually always circulated in an isolated cooling system requiring a reservoir and electric pump. Clever packaging and experience has allowed us to evolve our kits to a level whereby they are very simple.

The benefits of air/water stem from the fact that water has a greater propensity to dissipate heat than air. This means that the boost is cooled more "effectively" with cold water. A/W also gives a more cosistent output by keeping the boost temps in a narrower temperature band than with A/A. Consistent temperatures mean greater performance and improved reliability for high boost cars.

Here is a technical paper on A/W cooling http://www.vortecheng.com/download.php?dir=pdf/papers&file=cooler_paper.pdf

Jer
07-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Thats funny.. We have successfully used Air/Water cooling for consistent aftercooling on high compression and high power 500hp+ forced induction systems for years.

We developed and use air/water chargecooling systems on all our high performance platforms; Porche, BMW, and Audi with much success.

You're right... you know more than most EVERY automobile manufacturer. [hail]

Jer
07-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Well to each his own. The bugatti veyron uses a air/water system. Don't really see many of them on the street but it technically is a street car and there engineers must have saw something positive with it lol. I'm not going to change now and am sticking with my plan. If things don't work out I guess i'll have learned a lesson the hard way. I don't think the system kicks in at the same time the cars cooling system does. I believe it kicks in as soon as the car is turned on. Thanks for the input though I appreciate it.

Comparing your car to a quad turbo, 16cyl $1.5mil supercar hardly seems like a viable comparison. Your example is world renowned for overheating which proves my point and it's also NOT a good example of daily driven reliability even if that weren't the case.

swoardrider
07-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I don't think the system kicks in at the same time the cars cooling system does. I believe it kicks in as soon as the car is turned on.

This is what I'm worried about. I love the idea behind the A/W set up, especially the fact that there is almost zero pressure drop. But, what happens when you drive the car hard for 20 minutes then shut it off for 20 min then drive it again? Did the water just stay hot like it does in your radiator? Won't all that hot water just heat soak the shit outta things until the car drives around for a while at high enough speeds to cool the water off? I'm not trying to knock the A/W system, I'm just trying to learn how it is gonna benefit on a daily driver or on HPDEs. I can definitely see the benefits on a drag car with ice water.

acidrome
07-02-2009, 07:13 PM
I have been running this kit on my stg3 B7 A4 for over 13k miles and have never run into problems of heatsoak. NONE. [o_o]

I push and push and beat the living hell out of it everyday and have never run into a problem especially with a GT2871r.
Dont believe me?.... Well, come check it out for yourself. I will give anyone who is spektical a ride and you tell me what you think. [race]

Jer
07-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I have been running this kit on my stg3 B7 A4 for over 13k miles and have never run into problems of heatsoak. NONE. [o_o]

I push and push and beat the living hell out of it everyday and have never run into a problem especially with a GT2871r.
Dont believe me?.... Well, come check it out for yourself. I will give anyone who is spektical a ride and you tell me what you think. [race]

What are your IAT's?

smartyin
07-02-2009, 10:45 PM
abit confused..is the a/w charge cooler system work alone? does it fit to the atp BT system and the front intercooler?i mean the pipping.

eastwick897
07-02-2009, 11:45 PM
abit confused..is the a/w charge cooler system work alone? does it fit to the atp BT system and the front intercooler?i mean the pipping.

I'm not running the ATP BT.

rams456
07-03-2009, 12:23 AM
cant wait!!

smartyin
07-03-2009, 01:44 AM
I'm not running the ATP BT.
i know, but i am curious to know the fittment to the atp BT...

eastwick897
07-03-2009, 08:40 AM
i know, but i am curious to know the fittment to the atp BT...

There is a different thread for that search around. There is a guy in Japan currently installing one.

eastwick897
07-04-2009, 08:33 PM
So I got around to installing the Air/Water kit today. I need some power steering fluid so I'm not able to drive the car and data log the IAT's. I should have the car up and running perfectly on Monday and hopefully take some data logs on my way down to ASP.

The state of the art shop..
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5913/img0466w.jpg

FM off things ready to be put on..
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3218/img0468z.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img0468z.jpg/)

IC and tank mounted..
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9144/img0470ujx.jpg (http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img0470ujx.jpg/)

Radiator on..
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1300/img0484g.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/img0484g.jpg/)

Random..
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8796/img0491ove.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img0491ove.jpg/)

Everything just about done..
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2259/img0546h.jpg (http://img17.imageshack.us/i/img0546h.jpg/)

Where you fill it up..
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2360/img0547n.jpg (http://img116.imageshack.us/i/img0547n.jpg/)

Buddy of mine wiring things up..
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6104/img0493.jpg (http://img107.imageshack.us/i/img0493.jpg/)

My buddy's vr6...
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2522/img0531ygq.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img0531ygq.jpg/)
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9750/img0467h.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img0467h.jpg/)

Apparently one of my friends thinks just because I have black wheels I don't have to clean them. Need less to say he was making fun of the wheels (because they were dirty) the whole day.
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1314/img0490y.jpg (http://img43.imageshack.us/i/img0490y.jpg/)

He got picture happy.
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/6558/img0538.jpg (http://img164.imageshack.us/i/img0538.jpg/)

eskimopunk
07-04-2009, 08:45 PM
^ sweet

viperdsa
07-05-2009, 07:20 PM
So who are you going to have do the intake manifold?

Are you just using springs and retainers for a 1.8?

ataylor
07-05-2009, 08:39 PM
that mk2 VR is SICK! keep the pics coming, this is shaping up to be a sweet build thread!

eastwick897
07-06-2009, 12:03 AM
So who are you going to have do the intake manifold?

Are you just using springs and retainers for a 1.8?

Its a complete valvetrain set for the 2.0 FSI. I can't disclose yet on the intake manifold but there is one car that is having it built and hopefully they'd be willing to make me one also once theirs is all done.

Sal_B7
07-06-2009, 08:55 AM
sweet stuff bro, keep it going!!

RedS-line
07-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Looks good bro cant wait for someone to finally review the a2w intercooler. Did you ditch your water meth kit? Id like to know how this compares.

golfvdude
07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Man, I want that mk!!!!

eastwick897
07-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Looks good bro cant wait for someone to finally review the a2w intercooler. Did you ditch your water meth kit? Id like to know how this compares.

Yea I sold the water/meth kit to my buddy with an audi S2.

I just dropped off the car at the shop about an hour ago. Mark said as things progress he will be e-mailing me as many pics as possible. He did say he was going to do a base dyno of my car as it currently is setup. He will be sending me the dadta logs of the car as he tunes it so that is when we will really see what the IAT look like on the A/W chargecooler. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress and hopefully i'll have the car back in time for waterfest.

Sal_B7
07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
^Sweet! Keep us posted!!

eastwick897
07-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Little update. Spoke to Mark today and hes going to be trying something out for the LP fuel side. I can't get into much detail because I don't even know much. But it is NOT any Walbro or Bosch drop in. It will be something that works just like the pulse activated pump that our cars come with stock.

dougyfresh
07-09-2009, 07:17 PM
BIG plans are in store. I can't wait.

eastwick897
07-09-2009, 10:42 PM
BIG plans are in store. I can't wait.

So you heard about this already? Damn, its my car and i'm not even sure whats going on lol

4RingRook
07-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Updates?

JohnUSMC
07-23-2009, 12:37 AM
One word.......

SUBSCRIBED!!!!

sean1.8t
07-23-2009, 01:33 AM
air/water cooler for a street car. interesting choice.

cool build man! keep it up [up]

eastwick897
07-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Updates?

Well, the car is taking a bit longer to get back because we feel that the LP fuel side has to be taken care of in order to prevent further problems. Mark is coming up with a solution but it is not going to be easy. I'm hoping to have the car back by next week. Everything is pretty much done regarding hardware. the injectors are in mark finished up the bracket that holds the turbo and already made a urethane mount. The LP fuel pump on these cars are retarded the basket that actually holds the fuel pump is not like previous models where you just twist and it comes out. It has these clips type things that are melted into the plastic part surrounding the basket so in order to pull it you have to break something. Mark is going to be machining some pieces to make something fit.

dougyfresh
07-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Good to hear things are coming along. [up] I heard it took a while to get those fuel injectors. Sucks when you're at the mercy of suppliers. I've been dealing with that all summer on my car.

This ASP LP fuel solution is bomber. I like the design Mark has put together. It'll be a pure drop-in solution. No dicking around with bolting fuel pumps on the frame rail and running new lines, etc.... However, the key is in the software and this is where the ASP software will shine. You need modifications to the engine software to run the LP side correctly.

The robust ASP HP pump is coming together too. Just waiting on some suppliers I believe.

eastwick897
07-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Yea I want to do the HP pump also but like you said suppliers suck. I just hope everything is done by next week. I'm going to be out of the country for 3 weeks and I really want my car back so I could drive it around before I go. Mark actually showed me his machine shop yesterday and man that thing is crazy lol. The guys got it all. Even the software on his computer that he uses to create these things is awesome.

dougyfresh
07-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Don't think you're going to get the HP pump of theirs before next week. Gonna have to stick with the [cough] KMD [cough] one you have for now.

Yes, full machine and fabrication shop. That facility has been designed and constructed to do everything. Its a top quality facility.

Sal_B7
07-23-2009, 10:25 AM
wow, great stuff!!

gpultro
07-23-2009, 11:09 AM
both of our babies are at ASP o happy day o happy day lol ASP has been running the streets with the big turbo set up and we are going to keep on running them

B5A4Kevin
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM

If you're running radiator fluid through it keep in mind that your engine runs at 190 degrees before the cooling fan even kicks in which means on a dyno the best you'll see is about 200deg and your turbo will heat it from there. A2A at least your ambient temp base is whatever room temp is which will be about half of your baseline with what you're talking about.

AFAIK, most air-water charge cooler systems run their own cooling circuit with a seperate heat exchanger, piping, and an electric pump usually controlled by a boost switch. when it sees you romp on it, the electric pump kicks on and flows the hot water from the cooler to the heat exchanger to cool down, while pumping cooled water to the cooler. with Air-Air coolers, you are restricted to efficiency levels dependent on ambient temperatures (unless using n2o/alcohol misters on the intercooler), where as in air-water coolers, you can just dump ice in the reservoir and be good for a few runs. both systems have their individual benefits, but usually cost, weight, and availability are the biggest reasons why most people choose Air-Air on daily drivers.

eastwick897
07-23-2009, 05:58 PM
both of our babies are at ASP o happy day o happy day lol ASP has been running the streets with the big turbo set up and we are going to keep on running them

Hey greg have you decided what piston rod combo your going to be doing on your car??

slimmj0k3r
07-23-2009, 06:57 PM
lets hope this is done sooon!!! i wanna get some footage

eastwick897
07-27-2009, 12:34 PM
A little update. The kit on the car is essentially done but Mark and I feel that the LP fuel side MUST be handled in order to prevent any future mishaps. He has a very good idea on what he is going to do but he has to do some testing in order to be completely positive things are going to work out. I will also be installing a Southbend clutch in the upcoming weeks. Most importantly though once my car is done there will be a LP solution available. I also told Mark that if he gets his HPFP back from coating while I am away to also use one in my car. Essentially what this all comes down to is the final tune that Mark will write in order to accommodate the extra fuel. Stay tuned and I'll notify you guys on here once all the pics are up on the site. If your planing on going BT I'd say wait a couple more weeks and see how this one does. I am like all of you and drive my car daily so this is not the type of kit that will produce ridiculous numbers but it will be a kit that is reliable and very fun to drive. If there is any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Vorsprung
07-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Are you leaning towards any clutch in particular?

eastwick897
07-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Are you leaning towards any clutch in particular?

UHH i'm going to say the southbend st.4 possibly the OFE. We are looking for something sprung so there is less chatter.

Vorsprung
07-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Hmm interested in how that turns out. I'm lookin to upgrade to a 30 series turbo hopefully next year and would want the same thing as you, less chatter from an upgraded clutch.

Awesome build btw [up]

eastwick897
07-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Hmm interested in how that turns out. I'm lookin to upgrade to a 30 series turbo hopefully next year and would want the same thing as you, less chatter from an upgraded clutch.

Awesome build btw [up]

Yea, I mean I drive the car everyday and majority is city. Definitely hit up Mark once your ready to go. Guy knows his stuff and he has all the necessary equipment to any custom pieces if needed.

Vorsprung
07-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Yup thats most likely where I'd go, I've never never heard anything bad about them its always positive, which is pretty rare these days.

In the meantime tho I might be interested in that select plus you're selling, not sure yet, but I'll let you know in a week or 2 if you're still selling it.

eastwick897
07-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Yup thats most likely where I'd go, I've never never heard anything bad about them its always positive, which is pretty rare these days.

In the meantime tho I might be interested in that select plus you're selling, not sure yet, but I'll let you know in a week or 2 if you're still selling it.

Well I leave the country this Sunday and will only be back at the end of august. So if I don't sell it by then just pm me and we'll work something out when I get back.

eastwick897
08-17-2009, 03:03 PM
A little update... So i'm still away on vacation but I have been in contact with Mark. My car is all assembled and the low pressure side is done. Mark will be tuning it tomorrow and I will hopefully have the car back in my possession by monday or tuesday. He will also be posting up pics of the kit for all who are interested. My car will also be running a high flow cat which will be part of the kit for those people who are worried about emissions.

slimmj0k3r
08-17-2009, 03:51 PM
dude i hit you up on the BBM, when are you getting back? we need to get that footage!

dougyfresh
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
OP. I sent you a PM.

eastwick897
08-17-2009, 08:10 PM
dude i hit you up on the BBM, when are you getting back? we need to get that footage!

I'm still on vacation I will be getting back on Sunday. Probably picking up the car Monday.

Sal_B7
08-17-2009, 08:18 PM
^^^blah blah blah...Hurry Up!!! [:D]

eastwick897
08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
So i finally have the car back. First impression is the car pulls so nicely. I had Mark tune it to 21psi and is limited to 7k rpms. The car is currently making 304awhp. I will have the dyno sheet in my possession once Mark is back from vacation. The car is currently on the base tune that gregs car originally had. The bad news is I needed the car back and Mark was not able to complete the LP fuel. He has the whole thing almost figured out and it will be finished up on Gregs car. Another thing that I might switch up is the A/W charge cooler because I plan on running 30psi once I build the motor and I don't think it'll hold at those levels. I'm gunna be going with the ER comp FMIC. All in all the car pulls great and the idle is smooth. Mark also made me an engine mount that is top notch. All and all the car pulls great and once the LP side is done i'm positive i'll be making higher numbers. The work was done professionally and Mark is a great guy. Stay tuned for dyno sheets and a lot more pics. I will also be making a video this weekend with slimjoker so all you guys can watch.

pw211
08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
I love you... but seriously sweet build, and now I have something to really drool over and spend/waste time reading every day!!!

Michael N
08-24-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm still waiting on my damn car. I got the atp kit and im waiting for the damn tune. KMD is doing my car and im kinda regretting it due to how long it's taking [headbang]

Vorsprung
08-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Pics! Pics! Pics! haha Seems like good numbers considering everything. [up]

slimmj0k3r
08-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Don't worry video footage + a photoshoot is going down this WEEKEND. [up]

if you guys are excited, imagine how i feel since I'll be riding shotgun!

eastwick897
08-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm still waiting on my damn car. I got the atp kit and im waiting for the damn tune. KMD is doing my car and im kinda regretting it due to how long it's taking [headbang]

Dude my car was away for more then a month don't complain about a couple weeks lol. It'll be worth it in the end. Once yours is done we should meet possibly make some videos of some runs.

Michael N
08-24-2009, 09:47 PM
well my car was at audi before i got the big turbo. audi had it for a month too. My car has had so many damn problems but deff if i get the car before this weekend well have a big turbo meet.

RedS-line
08-25-2009, 03:05 AM
ok you guys need a neutral third party as a witness so you have to count me in on the meetup haha. seriously i wanna see both as one is in my future as well.
east, its crazy how many cooling options u go through with the fmics and watermeth. you really think the ER fmic is gonna be better than the AWE?
michael N, are you waiting for revo software or unitronic? did you happen to bump into that guy imaudi with the blue a4 with the atp turbo? he hasnt been on here so i kinda assumed his car failed

slimmj0k3r
08-25-2009, 04:48 AM
east, its crazy how many cooling options u go through with the fmics and watermeth. you really think the ER fmic is gonna be better than the AWE?

I love awe's design, i just think ER will be capable of handling more HP

viziers
08-25-2009, 05:30 AM
Boy I can't wait for mine to be done..... Just have a few other things to aquire and then it's on!!!! lol

vizi

Rotond0000
08-25-2009, 08:29 AM
subscribed!

Sweeeet VR6!!!!!! and everything seems to be coming along nicely keep it up!

dougyfresh
08-25-2009, 09:02 AM

Your first mistake was taking it to that facility. I have not heard many good things about them. I hope things work out with you but be prepared to be battling many headaches upon receipt of your vehicle.

OP. ER Comp might be too small if you plan on venturing away from that 3071. Is that internally gated? If so, I have an answer for you if you want to go bigger turbo [:D]. Its in my car. You'll have to stop by ASP when my car is back there for tuning to check it out (Looking like mid September).

What FMIC is Greg running on his B7?

I love awe's design, i just think ER will be capable of handling more HP
I thought you were on vacation? Get off AZ and enjoy it! [:p]

slimmj0k3r
08-25-2009, 09:20 AM

next Thursday at 4:35PM...........but who's counting [:D]

eastwick897
08-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Your first mistake was taking it to that facility. I have not heard many good things about them. I hope things work out with you but be prepared to be battling many headaches upon receipt of your vehicle.

OP. ER Comp might be too small if you plan on venturing away from that 3071. Is that internally gated? If so, I have an answer for you if you want to go bigger turbo [:D]. Its in my car. You'll have to stop by ASP when my car is back there for tuning to check it out (Looking like mid September).

What FMIC is Greg running on his B7?

Yes, the turbo is internally gated and i'm guessing its a custom FM you put together yourself... I would go the custom route but I don't have patients to wait for pipes to be made.

Red: I really can't say if one is better then the other its just that the ER one is a bit thicker so I think that would help. Also its all black with black pipes and thats something I really like. I'm not a fan of attention.

Jer
08-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Custom FMIC pipes are SO simple to do especially when you want flat black to begin with because there's no polishing involved. Here's the flat black pipes I did on my Typhoon and I can tell you it's really the easy way out and WAY cheaper to buy a FMIC and make your own piping. It can be done for a few hundred bucks total this way.

http://coracing.net/gallery/d/642-2/IMG_1075.jpg

dougyfresh
08-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes, the turbo is internally gated and i'm guessing its a custom FM you put together yourself... I would go the custom route but I don't have patients to wait for pipes to be made.

Yes. Custom FMIC. Piping and end tanks are being welded together this week. Shouldn't be more than a few days since they are also making me a 3inch exhaust downpipe and a turbo inlet pipe mated to my ASP MAF. Talk to Jake@DW Garage. He's heading up the effort.

eastwick897
08-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes. Custom FMIC. Piping and end tanks are being welded together this week. Shouldn't be more than a few days since they are also making me a 3inch exhaust downpipe and a turbo inlet pipe mated to my ASP MAF. Talk to Jake@DW Garage. He's heading up the effort.

PM me his number. If he can get me an intercooler and pipes to fit my setup cheaper then what the ER one costs I don't care if its black or not. I just don't want to trim my bumper or the fog grills.

gpultro
08-25-2009, 01:12 PM
So i finally have the car back. First impression is the car pulls so nicely. I had Mark tune it to 21psi and is limited to 7k rpms. The car is currently making 304awhp. I will have the dyno sheet in my possession once Mark is back from vacation. The car is currently on the base tune that gregs car originally had. The bad news is I needed the car back and Mark was not able to complete the LP fuel. He has the whole thing almost figured out and it will be finished up on Gregs car. Another thing that I might switch up is the A/W charge cooler because I plan on running 30psi once I build the motor and I don't think it'll hold at those levels. I'm gunna be going with the ER comp FMIC. All in all the car pulls great and the idle is smooth. Mark also made me an engine mount that is top notch. All and all the car pulls great and once the LP side is done i'm positive i'll be making higher numbers. The work was done professionally and Mark is a great guy. Stay tuned for dyno sheets and a lot more pics. I will also be making a video this weekend with slimjoker so all you guys can watch.

congrats bro. cant wait to get mine out of the shop and meet up with you. your car still wins in style good shit

dougyfresh
08-25-2009, 01:42 PM
PM me his number. If he can get me an intercooler and pipes to fit my setup cheaper then what the ER one costs I don't care if its black or not. I just don't want to trim my bumper or the fog grills.

Sent you a PM.

eastwick897
08-25-2009, 04:26 PM
congrats bro. cant wait to get mine out of the shop and meet up with you. your car still wins in style good shit

I can't wait till Mark finishes the LP side on your car so I could have that done. Then i'll do there HPFP also. Then we should be making some good power. What rods are you going with on your car?

viziers
08-25-2009, 04:42 PM
I can't wait till Mark finishes the LP side on your car so I could have that done. Then i'll do there HPFP also. Then we should be making some good power. What rods are you going with on your car?

IE rods FTW....[wrench]

vizi

dougyfresh
08-25-2009, 06:46 PM
We've got Scat rods and custom CP pistons for the DW Garage B7 2.0FSI.

gpultro
08-26-2009, 09:00 AM
We've got Scat rods and custom CP pistons for the DW Garage B7 2.0FSI.

thats awesome but expensive no?

dougyfresh
08-26-2009, 09:19 AM
thats awesome but expensive no?

Our customer wanted to drop the compression ratio a tad so we went away from factory pistons and the route of custom pistons.

AWDTURBO
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Going a bit of topic from OP Build.

Could someone explain to me the low pressure side of our fueling. How it works, when does it work, and so on .. just want to know some general knowledge about it. Do we need a different FP, and where it might be located.

REP Given to an answer :)

pw211
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
AWDTURBO make a new thread [up] these are the kind of questions we need as threads so that we aren't just having lame ass threads all day! plus you will get an answer faster

AWDTURBO
08-27-2009, 06:31 PM
BAM!

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4154121#post4154121

RedS-line
09-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Bump for updates. did they finish the LP side? Did you install the new FMIC? New hpfp? How about dyno and vids?????

viziers
09-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Bump for updates. did they finish the LP side? Did you install the new FMIC? New hpfp? How about dyno and vids?????

x2 on the progress.

vizi

eastwick897
09-05-2009, 01:31 PM
lpfp not done yet. I haven't had time to ask mark to send the dyno sheet. The fmic will be installed this upcoming week. I'll also try and post some pics of it but it's really nothing new to you guys as i'm sure all of you have seen what the ER comp FMIC looks like. I just got mine in black with black pipes.

AWDTURBO
09-05-2009, 01:37 PM
^ did you ever sell your AWE FMIC?

eastwick897
09-05-2009, 04:03 PM
^ yea

dougyfresh
09-08-2009, 01:27 PM
lpfp not done yet. I haven't had time to ask mark to send the dyno sheet. The fmic will be installed this upcoming week. I'll also try and post some pics of it but it's really nothing new to you guys as i'm sure all of you have seen what the ER comp FMIC looks like. I just got mine in black with black pipes.

LP is still being worked. Complex little devil... to keep fuel pump duty cycle <95%.

Can't wait to see/ride in your car.

eastwick897
09-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Little update i pretty much finished up installing the ER Comp FM last night. I'll take a couple pics once i'm completely finished. Also I ordered my IE rods, ARP head studs, and calico coated rod bearings. The rods are rifle drilled with arp 2000 bolts. I'm still waiting on the LP solution from Mark. But he is working on it on gregs car.

gpultro
09-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Little update i pretty much finished up installing the ER Comp FM last night. I'll take a couple pics once i'm completely finished. Also I ordered my IE rods, ARP head studs, and calico coated rod bearings. The rods are rifle drilled with arp 2000 bolts. I'm still waiting on the LP solution from Mark. But he is working on it on gregs car.

yes sir got to get them rods put in so i can keep up with that bad ass car of urs

eastwick897
09-16-2009, 11:30 AM
yes sir got to get them rods put in so i can keep up with that bad ass car of urs

I can't wait till mark finishes up your car. You putting that FM of yours back on or what dude?

gpultro
09-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I can't wait till mark finishes up your car. You putting that FM of yours back on or what dude?

yea now he can he needed it off to test for you... i def want that back on. im just trying to make up my mind if i want a TP or not what do you thing i would gain out of putting a TP in

eastwick897
09-16-2009, 09:08 PM
New FM...
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9633/img00028200909161749.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/i/img00028200909161749.jpg/)

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8191/img00033200909161751.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img00033200909161751.jpg/)

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1382/img00034200909161751.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img00034200909161751.jpg/)

Turbo..
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6971/img00030200909161749.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/img00030200909161749.jpg/)

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6251/img00031200909161750.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img00031200909161750.jpg/)

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4690/img00032200909161750.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/img00032200909161750.jpg/)

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6748/img00029200909161749.jpg (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/img00029200909161749.jpg/)

slimmj0k3r
09-16-2009, 11:14 PM
stealth like. get some pics with the bumper back on

quattrosaint
09-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Very clean. internally wastegated?

dougyfresh
09-17-2009, 03:47 AM
New FM...
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9633/img00028200909161749.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/i/img00028200909161749.jpg/)

nooooo

I hope you didn't damage your condensor and radiator with those ties for the power steering cooler. Best to just velcro it to the FMIC or fab up a bracket. Don't use those ties that go through the condensor and radiator.

Looks good otherwise.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4690/img00032200909161750.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/img00032200909161750.jpg/)

Little small, yes? [:D]

Think you need his bigger brother (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2555/3918575417_b15963464f.jpg)?

eastwick897
09-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Very clean. internally wastegated?

Yea its internally wastegated. Doug i've had that thing there for awhile already and thankfully have had no problems. I didn't know about the velcro thing back when I first put it in... That big brother pic looks sick. I'm seriously considering fabing up a heatshield and putting a cone filter at the end of the MAF. Think it would be a good idea?

dougyfresh
09-17-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm seriously considering fabing up a heatshield and putting a cone filter at the end of the MAF. Think it would be a good idea?

I have an ITG air filter on my MAF housing. That is how mine has always been and how my car has been tuned with.

Yours goes into your air box? Did Mark use a larger MAF housing in this B7 kit like he did on the B6 kit?

Bottom line, I would leave it the way Mark has it designed.

eastwick897
09-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Stock maf. Your right I am just gunna leave it as it is.

dougyfresh
09-17-2009, 07:42 AM
cool beans [up]

RedS-line
09-17-2009, 08:04 AM
the fmic looks great. it looks smaller than the awe though. is it wider? how hard was it to trim the bumper reinforcement?

eastwick897
09-17-2009, 08:35 AM
the fmic looks great. it looks smaller than the awe though. is it wider? how hard was it to trim the bumper reinforcement?

I'd say its just as wide, but its thicker. Cutting it all depends on the quality of the blades u use. Mine weren't the greates so the aluminum ate 3 of them lol let me know when u want to meet up.

Doug do u have a new build thread for the changes your car is currently going through?

awedio
09-17-2009, 09:41 AM
eastwick897
jc, why did u replace the VF air to water IC?

eastwick897
09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
eastwick897
jc, why did u replace the VF air to water IC?

The amount of boost i'm going to run the piping used would possibly impede the flow.

CBRmatt600
09-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Has anyone actually come up with a true fueling solution yet? I keep seeing in these threads that someone is "working on it", but I have yet to see a definitive answer to the problem.

eastwick897
09-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Has anyone actually come up with a true fueling solution yet? I keep seeing in these threads that someone is "working on it", but I have yet to see a definitive answer to the problem.

You have to realize and i'm not sure if you really know what the fuel pump looks like, but its not that simple of a fix. Its actually pretty complex. Things take time and time is money. Be patient its only a matter of time before something come out.

CBRmatt600
09-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh I know exactly what the problem is, I just keep seeing these supposed solutions, but no one has actually seemed to address the inherent problem as of yet.

eastwick897
09-17-2009, 06:09 PM
There are people working on it. Just have to be patient. Its going to be nice once the lp solution is taken care of but what happens when u start maxing out the rs4's... Would you be willing to pay 1k per injector. I no I'm not so right now I'm not even worried about how fast the lp side is done.

gpultro
09-23-2009, 10:39 AM
There are people working on it. Just have to be patient. Its going to be nice once the lp solution is taken care of but what happens when u start maxing out the rs4's... Would you be willing to pay 1k per injector. I no I'm not so right now I'm not even worried about how fast the lp side is done.

After the LP and the Rods are done in my car what do you think the RS4 will max out at awhp

dougyfresh
09-23-2009, 12:11 PM
After the LP and the Rods are done in my car what do you think the RS4 will max out at awhp

400 probably

viziers
09-23-2009, 12:26 PM
400 probably

Noooo they must max out more than that...

vizi

eastwick897
09-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I heard 400. Greg has mark started on your car yet?

Sales@RAI
09-23-2009, 02:07 PM
what power level does the in-tank pump cap out at?

eastwick897
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I would say 350 awhp. I could be wrong though.

viziers
09-23-2009, 02:39 PM

For the intank pump you are correct, thats what ive been told as well by Revo..

vizi

eastwick897
09-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Viziers when are you making a build thread dude? Come on share your wealth of parts with us and post up some pics!!!!

viziers
09-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Viziers when are you making a build thread dude? Come on share your wealth of parts with us and post up some pics!!!!

Man i'm trying.. All i need for parts are a 38mm v-band Wg, RS4 inj's, APR HPFP... I'm also waiting for a Tapp tune to.. [evilsmile]

I'm trying to have it done by Jan of 2010 but with twins on the way its hard to do...lol

Ill take some pics of what i have and post some teasers....lol

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/vizierspty/DSCF1825.jpg
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/vizierspty/DSCF1824.jpg

Edit: It sucks having an office full of parts staring at you saying "comon use me please" while sitting at the computer...

vizi

eastwick897
09-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Make a thread though dude. Add stuff as you go along. Bring the car to jersey and have Mark tune it.

mike-2ptzero
09-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Nice looking manifold. BSH is getting ready to do a B7 A4 2.0 tube manifold for a Tial Vband exhaust housing. They already offer the setup for the 2.0t transverse.

viziers
09-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Make a thread though dude. Add stuff as you go along. Bring the car to jersey and have Mark tune it.

Ill make a new thread on Saturday morning with all my aquired parts when im off work.. cant do it untill then i work too many hours in a day...lol

I have thought about going to Jersey being i'm in Ct often visiting family.... I was just up there on Sept 8th to visit family for a few days and then came back home.

Even had some spirited driving w a GTI when i got there.. The guy in the GTI im sure he was thinking that being my plates are from NC that i don't know the roads there... Little did he know i grew up there all my life....[evilsmile][drive]

vizi

viziers
09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Nice looking manifold. BSH is getting ready to do a B7 A4 2.0 tube manifold for a Tial Vband exhaust housing. They already offer the setup for the 2.0t transverse.

Thanks man... Yeah i heard that BSH was going to be working on one for our cars.. It will be nice im sure with their quality of work.

vizi

eastwick897
09-23-2009, 04:56 PM

I can't wait to see what that things going to look like. The Transverse one looks sick.

viziers
09-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I can't wait to see what that things going to look like. The Transverse one looks sick.

It will look kinda like this:

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt89/vizierspty/MyCustomManni.jpg

vizi

mike-2ptzero
09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I wonder how close the B5/B6 manifold is to your B7 manifold.

Full-Race B5/B6 A4 1.8t manifold with Tial 38mm wg
http://www.centralvalleyspeed.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/10093/38mm_vband_-_front.JPG

acidrome
09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
looks like a fun little test.

I'm Aud!
09-23-2009, 05:53 PM
what power level does the in-tank pump cap out at?

300hp stock pump
walboro in line pump 363awhp

viziers
09-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder how close the B5/B6 manifold is to your B7 manifold.

Full-Race B5/B6 A4 1.8t manifold with Tial 38mm wg
http://www.centralvalleyspeed.com/photogallery/albums/userpics/10093/38mm_vband_-_front.JPG

That looks very close to mine!

vizi

mike-2ptzero
09-23-2009, 06:09 PM
That looks very close to mine!

vizi

Yeah I dont think there is much difference between the 1.8t and 2.0t setup, just the head flange and down pipe.

Did you get yours from Jay?

viziers
09-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah I dont think there is much difference between the 1.8t and 2.0t setup, just the head flange and down pipe.

Did you get yours from Jay?

Yup mine was made by Jay..

vizi

RedS-line
09-23-2009, 11:32 PM
300hp stock pump
walboro in line pump 363awhp

hey can you please fill us in on your in-line pump kit since no one else seems to have it or know about it? how did they get it to work? youre running revo right?

viziers
09-24-2009, 05:42 AM
hey can you please fill us in on your in-line pump kit since no one else seems to have it or know about it? how did they get it to work? youre running revo right?

Good luck with trying to get that info from him! He seems to think everyone has bad mouthed him so he feels it necessary to not let anyone know the secrets of his build....lol

vizi

gpultro
09-24-2009, 06:51 AM

mark from ASP hit 372 awhp on race with the lp still working

eastwick897
09-24-2009, 07:00 AM

There is no secret in that guys setup. It is simply an inline fuel pump that they added to the system. whats going to happen is that thing is going to fail because those pumps run on a 100% duty cycle and we all know our cars don't have the same fueling system ( no FPR). That is not a solution to the problem its a very temporary fix.

viziers
09-24-2009, 08:14 AM
There is no secret in that guys setup. It is simply an inline fuel pump that they added to the system. whats going to happen is that thing is going to fail because those pumps run on a 100% duty cycle and we all know our cars don't have the same fueling system ( no FPR). That is not a solution to the problem its a very temporary fix.

Exactly right! But hey if you like temporary fixes then this is the way to go!

But i know it isn't the way you want to go so have a seat over there and wait for a proper fix like the rest of us...[:D][wrench][up]

vizi

RedS-line
09-24-2009, 10:53 AM

Why wouldnt they put in a bigger pump that wouldnt run 100 percent? So what would happen when the pump would fail?

dougyfresh
09-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Why wouldnt they put in a bigger pump that wouldnt run 100 percent? So what would happen when the pump would fail?

I think you are missing the point.

The B7 low pressure fuel system is designed to run on a duty cycle (similar to a boost controller). The B5 and B6 fuel systems are designed to be run 100% of the time. Two different systems. This is all designed around how the FSI portion of the fueling works. Which we all know is not present in the B5 or B6 chassis.

Bottom line, you can not just put another fuel pump in the B7 system and expect it to work as originally designed when sending 12V to it 100% of the time. It may work, but not 12months from now...

camc
09-25-2009, 01:15 AM
Lets hope the community works this out! Same with our limited choice of injectors...group buy for bosch racing injectors anyone?!?!?!? hehe

My poor lil 35r is going to be bored till then! oh well, LOW BOOST POWER FTW!!

jmw241
10-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Any Updates?

eastwick897
10-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Well the car is running great I haven't spoken to Mark about the LP side but i'll see if I have time to call him up this week. In regards to the car its running great went to H2o last week and placed 3rd. I recently took out the stock air box and added a cone filter to see how it sounded with that. Well lets just say its stayed on. I fabed up a heat shield to protect it from the heat of the turbo. It was my first heat shield but I think I might end up making another one that's a bit taller and paint the inside part with some audi rings. For now it sounds great and is running great so I have absolutely no complaints.

viziers
10-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Very nice... Keep us all updated...

vizi

dougyfresh
10-04-2009, 09:50 AM
put the stock airbox back in please.

Sal_B7
10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
cool stuff man. Keep us posted on it!

slimmj0k3r
10-05-2009, 01:57 PM
put the stock airbox back in please.

elaborate on this

dougyfresh
10-05-2009, 03:12 PM
stock airbox is more efficient than a cone in the engine bay (even with a heatshield).

eastwick897
10-05-2009, 03:37 PM
fine...

RedS-line
10-05-2009, 11:05 PM
dont listen to him! pimp the cone filter! haha i dont care. i would like to see pics tho before u do that. what brand filter and what did u make the shield out of?

eastwick897
10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
I opened up the stock air box and that thing is super restrictive. I'm going to log the MAF reading hopefully this weekend and compare the cone to the airbox. I was wondering if there is a way to log the temp also. I made the heat shield out of aluminum and a lot of DEI reflective tape. keeps the cone fairly cold. I'm running a K&N.

jmw241
10-06-2009, 07:19 AM
I opened up the stock air box and that thing is super restrictive. I'm going to log the MAF reading hopefully this weekend and compare the cone to the airbox. I was wondering if there is a way to log the temp also. I made the heat shield out of aluminum and a lot of DEI reflective tape. keeps the cone fairly cold. I'm running a K&N.

On the ko3, the stock air box with a nice filter is actually good. I would think running a bigger turbo would definitely require more air, so maybe a custom pipe to the fender would be better. Are you running side mounts or a fmic? If you on a fmic, could you get a filter to where the passenger-side smic was?

dougyfresh
10-06-2009, 07:29 AM

What size MAF housing are you running? I think Mark designed the kit to use the stock MAF housing, yes?

Reason why I say the stock airbox is good is because I have seen negative effects on the B6 chassis when putting a cone filter in (including a heatshield). There is a lot of hot air in that engine compartment (these engines run hot) and if you stick a cone filter right where the stock airbox resided then you are just sucking in hot air. Even with what people think is a true heatshield (but really just a plate sitting there looking pretty).

If you are running an oversized MAF housing from stock then you could do some trimming on the stock airbox or re-route the inlet so it sucks cooler, outside air at low restriction. I know a few B6 guys do this when they go to the larger VR6 MAF housing.

Or, make a heatshield that compartmentalizes the oem airbox region of the engine bay (a 'wall' from the frame rail that seals up against the hood). Then use the factory snorkel and you have yourself a 'cone filter' yet uses cold air like the stock airbox does. <-- Did that paragraph make any sense?

I almost went the route of compartmentalizing my engine bay when I had my 2871 and my ASP TIP. Now, my airfilter and MAF sit underneath my framerail behind my fog light. I get cold air from the fog light region (far away from the engine and turbo). I had to do this because we could not get a 4inch diameter pipe to bend up to the stock airbox region. Well, couldn't get one that would go up there and not be restrictive.

PM me your email address so I can send you those two files for your car.

eastwick897
10-06-2009, 07:59 AM
What size MAF housing are you running? I think Mark designed the kit to use the stock MAF housing, yes?

Or, make a heatshield that compartmentalizes the oem airbox region of the engine bay (a 'wall' from the frame rail that seals up against the hood). Then use the factory snorkel and you have yourself a 'cone filter' yet uses cold air like the stock airbox does. <-- Did that paragraph make any sense?

Yea the car uses the stock MAF. I think i do understand what your getting at with compartmentalizing the side. Basically make a heatshield that covers the side and the top then fit the snorkel back there positing towards the cone. Mine is something like that now where I have part of the snorkel still in place pointing towards the cone. But I am going to have to make it bigger.

eastwick897
10-06-2009, 08:01 AM
On the ko3, the stock air box with a nice filter is actually good. I would think running a bigger turbo would definitely require more air, so maybe a custom pipe to the fender would be better. Are you running side mounts or a fmic? If you on a fmic, could you get a filter to where the passenger-side smic was?

Yea i have a FM but in order to get a pipe down there it would have to make some pretty serious bends and I think that would end up just restricting it more.

dougyfresh
10-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Yea the car uses the stock MAF. I think i do understand what your getting at with compartmentalizing the side. Basically make a heatshield that covers the side and the top then fit the snorkel back there positing towards the cone. Mine is something like that now where I have part of the snorkel still in place pointing towards the cone. But I am going to have to make it bigger.

Yeah. This is what I'm thinking. Lets us a B5 S4 for example.

Stock:
http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i30/3063_7mg.jpg

cone filter on MAF:
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3520/181/21297590005_large.jpg
(pulls in hot engine-bay temps)

cone filter on MAF with compartmentalizing air filter region (just missing intake tract to get air to cone filter):
http://vastperformance.com/shop/images/intake3jf2.jpg
See how it seals with the hood to create a 'compartment'? You can also then put a heat reflective coating on one side to keep heat in the engine bay. On the A4 you can use the stock snorkel if you like.

In theory, if its pulling colder air, it should provide better performance. One way to test is to hook up thermocouples on the inside of the airfilter or MAF and measure the stock airbox, cone filter in stock airbox location without compartment and cone filter with compartment for colder air.

eastwick897
10-06-2009, 08:31 AM
That is exactly how I was thinking of doing it. What are thermocouples?

dougyfresh
10-06-2009, 08:47 AM
They measure temperature: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermocouple

I would start by logging IAT since you already have that with VAG-Com. IAT will give you a decent understanding of what's going on. Try to keep your highway pulls consistent with ambient conditions to keep conditions similar.

Thermocouples require procuring them and then setting them up and recording the data.

mike-2ptzero
10-06-2009, 09:26 AM

Drive the car hard and then see how warm the filter right after. If the cone is warm then the air it is pulling in is warm, but if it is cool then the air is cool.

The air in the engine bay is always moving when the car is moving and this is because the air coming in must go out. If you are able to keep the filter area sealed off from the rest of the engine bay then you should be able to keep the filter area cool.

If you dont want to run the filter down to the fog light area, just use something to get cool air from that area up to the filter spot.

eastwick897
10-20-2009, 11:07 PM
ASP GT30 vs Revo stg. 2+
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8228/gt30stock.th.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/gt30stock.jpg/)

eskimopunk
10-20-2009, 11:17 PM
cone filter on MAF with compartmentalizing air filter region (just missing intake tract to get air to cone filter):

See how it seals with the hood to create a 'compartment'? You can also then put a heat reflective coating on one side to keep heat in the engine bay. On the A4 you can use the stock snorkel if you like.

In theory, if its pulling colder air, it should provide better performance. One way to test is to hook up thermocouples on the inside of the airfilter or MAF and measure the stock airbox, cone filter in stock airbox location without compartment and cone filter with compartment for colder air.

A couple people have done this on the b7 [up]

If you search 'custom heat shield' you should find it. There's one real thick one.

eskimopunk
10-20-2009, 11:19 PM
ASP GT30 vs Revo stg. 2+

Damn! Nice gains [up][up][up]

Vorsprung
10-21-2009, 08:25 AM
And didn't you say that you're running a fairly mild tune? Definitely good numbers either way.

dougyfresh
10-21-2009, 08:58 AM
And didn't you say that you're running a fairly mild tune? Definitely good numbers either way.

Yes. Post # 84 (http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4138759#post4138759)

eastwick897
10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
yea the tune is conservative. If anyone here on the zine is good with computers and wouldn't mind re posting that dyno sheet here in this thread but make the picture bigger i'd appreciate it. I didn't want the tune to be to aggressive as I am still on a stock motor.

scoobycarolan
10-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Check out Ghost Squad Garage's intake. If your running a FMIC, they move the intake to where the passenger SMIC was. I thought it was a good idea, except for hydrolock.

eskimopunk
10-21-2009, 09:19 AM
re posting that dyno sheet here in this thread but make the picture bigger

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/8228/gt30stock.jpg

eastwick897
10-21-2009, 09:20 AM
+rep for you eskimo. you the man!

BLK JDM
10-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow very good numbers for a conservative tune and no work done to the LP fuel side!!

jonjon88ss
10-21-2009, 05:53 PM
i definatly didnt see you at h20i [=(] wish i did

did you see that black one full of mexicans with the led headlights and blowing black smoke everywhere? his turbo sputtered like a stuttering 5 year old......i think he saw us laughing at him[>_<]

any updates?

slimmj0k3r
10-21-2009, 06:06 PM

did you see that black one full of mexicans with the led headlights and blowing black smoke everywhere? his turbo sputtered like a stuttering 5 year old......i think he saw us laughing at him[>_<]

any updates?

oh yeah we saw him, thats eastwicks bestfriend!! [:p]

eastwick897
10-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Yo slim stop trying to tell people thats my bestfriends when you know damn well you and him are like bffl's. You know you love his police sirens and strobes. It totally makes his car so "cool" lol That kids car is a joke lol Whats even funnier is he took first recently at a local car show call show n go. Amazing the taste judges have now a days. I think i'm going to crazy glue maybe 3 wings on my trunk and put stickers on every possible piece of my car just so I can win stuff [headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang]

slimmj0k3r
10-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Yo slim stop trying to tell people thats my bestfriends when you know damn well you and him are like bffl's. You know you love his police sirens and strobes. It totally makes his car so "cool" lol That kids car is a joke lol Whats even funnier is he took first recently at a local car show call show n go. Amazing the taste judges have now a days. I think i'm going to crazy glue maybe 3 wings on my trunk and put stickers on every possible piece of my car just so I can win stuff [headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang]

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

worst part is that he had his boys cleaning his car while he watched.

dougyfresh
10-22-2009, 05:53 AM
I must be old because I couldn't read shit on that dynochart.

reduced brightness, increased contrast and made it bigger for old people like myself.
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/medium/gt30stock.jpg

Torque curve must make that thing a beast to drive [drive]!

viziers
10-22-2009, 05:57 AM
Can someone enlighten me on the curve at 5200rpm it sure does dip quite a bit??? It seems like there needs to be some fine tuning around that area.... Am i wrong here???

vizi

eastwick897
10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
My car never fails to put a smile on my face [:D][:D]

eastwick897
10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

worst part is that he had his boys cleaning his car while he watched.

His peasants...

Arin@APR
10-22-2009, 03:55 PM
I must be old because I couldn't read shit on that dynochart.

reduced brightness, increased contrast and made it bigger for old people like myself.
http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/medium/gt30stock.jpg

Torque curve must make that thing a beast to drive [drive]!

Oh man! Don't so those stock dyno numbers to Todd@AWE. He may have a heart attack and cry foul!

[:D]

AWDTURBO
10-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Good stuff bro! :)

And those plugs i just put in. Didn't notice anything really and its been about a week.

eastwick897
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh man! Don't so those stock dyno numbers to Todd@AWE. He may have a heart attack and cry foul!

lol

audidrver
10-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Aren't those base files of a revo 2+(pump file) not a stock car? 166 peak tq and 149 peak hp

quattrosaint
10-22-2009, 09:54 PM

Those are not stock numbers, read the top of the Dyno. Test pipe & VF Intercooler.

slimmj0k3r
10-22-2009, 11:04 PM
ahhh small dyno plot and blurry plot wtfffff. here is what u need! [>_<]

http://solidflow.net/eastwickdyno.jpg

that is the same dyno plot just good quality haha

audidrver
10-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Those are not stock numbers, read the top of the Dyno. Test pipe & VF Intercooler.

Which assuming conditions between the runs were similar it is a much better improvement!

Dangler
10-23-2009, 07:32 AM

any updates?

Don't even get me started on that kids car (funded with pops money)...the thing is a mess. I'd rather be slow with a K03, than have a BT with a bad tune...strobes and sirens?!?!?! that's some 2001 modding right there...And TV's in the trunk?!!?!? [headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang] and terrible LM-Reps with a barn-quality paint job and bbs center caps that didn't fit correct.

And he placed first @ show n go...judge was a tard...this was reconfirmed when i showed my car, this was the convo between me and the judge

Judge: So give me the run down of your car.

Me (abridged version): So i got this and i got that, this this, that over there, Air ride suspension consisting of Bagyard custom struts and full Air Ride Technologies electronic management, 1st Audi with Rennsport-One RSR wheels 19" 3-piece forged, more of this that and the other....I also used my wireless remotes to demonstrate the air ride system. I continue to finish giving the details of my car.

Judge: You running suspension?

Me (verbally): Yes Bagyard air ride. (Mentally): R you f*cking kidding me?

back on topic. eastwick's car is the shizzzzz...BT FTW. lol [:D]

dougyfresh
11-15-2009, 12:07 PM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs162.snc1/6060_124381276864_91887806864_2361472_2411107_n.jp g

This is the motor mount bracket that comes with the kit. To fit the 3071. In fact ,that is the OP's car in the picture. ASP doesn't mess around.

viziers
11-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Thats a sweet looking motor mount he's got there....I could use such a nice piece like that.....lol So where did you say the OP lives...[evilsmile] j/k...

vizi

Vorsprung
11-15-2009, 02:01 PM
God damn that's the sexiest motor mount I've ever seen haha. [:D]

eastwick897
11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Yea ASP can make pretty much anything your little heart desires. I requested them make me a motor mount for the other side also (I like keeping things even). I've recently made some changes on the car. I took out the Milltek exhaust and put on and Autospeed one which is a bit bigger and louder then the milltek. I also just got my vorsteiner hood back from paint. I didn't paint it exactly how everyone else has done it but I think its nice. I also swapped out the airbox and added the cone filter (doug the heatshield to compartamentalize it is nearly done[;)[up]) I also decided to go with IE drop in rods. I'm still waiting on them as they are being rifle drilled. I did receive my cams though I went with the Schrick 250/256 duration with an 11mm lift on both intake and exhaust valves. I'll have pics up of the hood and cams in a bit.

eastwick897
11-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Don't even get me started on that kids car (funded with pops money)...the thing is a mess. I'd rather be slow with a K03, than have a BT with a bad tune...strobes and sirens?!?!?! that's some 2001 modding right there...And TV's in the trunk?!!?!? [headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang][headbang] and terrible LM-Reps with a barn-quality paint job and bbs center caps that didn't fit correct.

And he placed first @ show n go...judge was a tard...this was reconfirmed when i showed my car, this was the convo between me and the judge

Judge: So give me the run down of your car.

Me (abridged version): So i got this and i got that, this this, that over there, Air ride suspension consisting of Bagyard custom struts and full Air Ride Technologies electronic management, 1st Audi with Rennsport-One RSR wheels 19" 3-piece forged, more of this that and the other....I also used my wireless remotes to demonstrate the air ride system. I continue to finish giving the details of my car.

Judge: You running suspension?

Me (verbally): Yes Bagyard air ride. (Mentally): R you f*cking kidding me?

back on topic. eastwick's car is the shizzzzz...BT FTW. lol [:D]

I <3 this post [>_<][>_<][>_<] that judge i swear was on some shit lol

eastwick897
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Aren't those base files of a revo 2+(pump file) not a stock car? 166 peak tq and 149 peak hp

They are the revo 2+ vs a 3071r

eastwick897
11-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Here is a pic of the hood. Going to be installing it sometime this week. I left a bit of the middle scoop in carbon fiber just to change it up a bit in comparison to the other vorsteiner guys.
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6774/getattachmentmx.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/getattachmentmx.jpg/)

Schrick cams 250/ 256 [:D]
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9171/img0670od.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img0670od.jpg/)

Exhaust cam
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6359/img0669r.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img0669r.jpg/)

Intake cam (slim i guess mine is black)
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/233/img0671un.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/img0671un.jpg/)

Jake39454
11-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Those cams look familiar sir [;)]

eastwick897
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
your going to be installing these in my car as soon as you find out about those rings. Get that beast running already i want to take a ride in it and excite myself.

eskimopunk
11-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Sweet! Soo sexy. lol. People just don't understand why we get turned on by this shit [>_<]

viziers
11-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Yeah I can't understand how they can't understand the woody we get when it comes to performance aftermarket parts....[headbang]

vizi

Todd/AWE
11-16-2009, 07:21 AM

"Don't so those stock dyno numbers"? In your haste to stir up crap, did you mean to type "show" instead of "so"?

Calm down kid, these are actual raw dyno sheets. Unlike APR, most every other tuner in the industry has no problem showing their unadulterated results.

I see APR taking heat on the quattroworld B7 RS4 forum for doctoring their excel spreadsheets and adding too much torque to the crank "results". LOL!

Dangler
11-16-2009, 07:42 AM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs162.snc1/6060_124381276864_91887806864_2361472_2411107_n.jp g

This is the motor mount bracket that comes with the kit. To fit the 3071. In fact ,that is the OP's car in the picture. ASP doesn't mess around.

MMMMM dericious!!!

Jake39454
11-16-2009, 08:45 AM
APR and AWE, please take your issues elsewhere, enough ruining of threads [evilmad]

dougyfresh
11-16-2009, 09:13 AM
/\
Dan,
Talk to this guy (Jacob @ DW Garage) about getting you that last item you just asked me about. He can get you exactly what you are looking for.

gpultro
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
your going to be installing these in my car as soon as you find out about those rings. Get that beast running already i want to take a ride in it and excite myself.

yo getting the car back in less then 2 weeks we got to meet up

eastwick897
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
yo getting the car back in less then 2 weeks we got to meet up

Sounds good dude. Mark has that LP side almost figured out?

viziers
11-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Sounds good dude. Mark has that LP side almost figured out?

Yeah, what is going on with the fix??? Any good news on that little tike???

vizi

dougyfresh
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I saw part of the solution on Friday. I also like the remainder but more testing needs to commence before it is marketable. ETA? Dunno. The shop is very busy with other commitments in addition to the B7 A4 market.

viziers
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Sweet, can't wait until it come out to see what it looks like....

vizi

Wizard-of-OD
11-17-2009, 09:19 PM

Lovely bracket but not sure why it is needed when the OEM FSI mount will clearance pretty much any turbo.Is it because of the oil return?

eastwick897
11-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Lovely bracket but not sure why it is needed when the OEM FSI mount will clearance pretty much any turbo.Is it because of the oil return?

Not positive I was told it was because of the turbo. If the OEM one is utilized it would sit very close to the turbo. Your best bet is contacting Mark. I know ATP also make a different bracket due to the fitment with the OEM one.

Arin@APR
11-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Schrick cams 250/ 256 [:D]
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9171/img0670od.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img0670od.jpg/)

Exhaust cam
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6359/img0669r.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img0669r.jpg/)

Intake cam (slim i guess mine is black)
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/233/img0671un.jpg (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/img0671un.jpg/)

Awesome!

Any plans for a before and after dyno and/or any other head work at the same time?

slimmj0k3r
11-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Awesome!

Any plans for a before and after dyno and/or any other head work at the same time?

I believe he has ferrea valves, springs and retainers also

dougyfresh
12-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Dan,
You need to post up in-car videos to help convince Vizi that bringing his car to the northeast for a solid tune is the way to go.

Perhaps when I pick my car up from NJ we can do a few pulls together and get Stefan to video?

eastwick897
12-02-2009, 09:16 AM
That sounds like a great idea! How is your car coming along?

dougyfresh
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Good. Mark and I made some hardware changes on Monday which will delay when the car goes on the dyno for tuning. Should be done soon. I'll be in touch.

eastwick897
12-02-2009, 10:14 AM
some new goodies I received yesterday from the Fedex guy. IE Rods ( Rifle drilled), Calico rod bearings, and ARP head studs.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1130/img0675jz.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/i/img0675jz.jpg/)

AWDTURBO
12-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Dan,

You are going nuts man!

I need your job lol.

eastwick897
12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm a Baker. The work is hard but its fun. I worked over 12 hours straight on Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years is worse lol. Work hard play harder...

AWDTURBO
12-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Ye, i cant bake for shit lol.

Hopefully in May, being a ME pays off.

eastwick897
12-02-2009, 10:36 AM
whats an ME?

AWDTURBO
12-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Mechanical Engineer. I need to start looking for a job soon.

eastwick897
12-02-2009, 11:18 AM
oo yea i finish up school in May. I've already started my job search.

AWDTURBO
12-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Ye, parents are hoping i stay around the area but i really want to go work for PSEG down in South Jersey, or something away from Nwk

John4378
12-02-2009, 02:50 PM
What's so great about PSE&G?

They were our customers for a couple projects recently and their PM's and engineers couldn't pull their heads out of their collective a$$3s.

Maybe you can help turn them around and fix'em.

RedS-line
12-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Mechanical Engineer. I need to start looking for a job soon.

Youve been outta work for how long and you havent started looking yet? Not trying to harp on ya but if i were you id start looking yesterday. one of my friends got paid pretty well at pseg so def check them out.

AWDTURBO
12-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Youve been outta work for how long and you havent started looking yet? Not trying to harp on ya but if i were you id start looking yesterday. one of my friends got paid pretty well at pseg so def check them out.

Well i worked all Summer with them, 5/19 - 8/29 or so. I try not to work during my 20 credit semesters because i try and keep the GPA up. I have been looking but since this whole recession alot of places look for experiance ( up to 5 years ) so me and Career Development Services are getting really friendly in school.

But i plan on working with PSEG when i grad, since i have some ppl that have pull in there.

What's so great about PSE&G?

They were our customers for a couple projects recently and their PM's and engineers couldn't pull their heads out of their collective a$$3s.

Maybe you can help turn them around and fix'em.

Hopefully i can, just depends where they put me to be an engineer at.

Ok no more thread jacking .. lets go back to big turbo things :)

dougyfresh
12-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Ok no more thread jacking .. lets go back to big turbo things :)

How about a GT3076? A GT3076-WG is on order for the OP's car. Your basic 3076 center section with 60mm turbine wheel and ported shroud compressor housing. Custom CNC machined T25 flange internal wastegate turbine housing. Designed to flow like a .63 A/R T3 flange. Custom CNC machined WG actuator bracket. Same turbo I have in my car. Jacob @ DW Garage delivers!

viziers
12-03-2009, 06:26 AM
SOB... I want my turbo on my car.....Maybe i'll just put it all on and just stare at it!!!!![=(]

vizi

viziers
12-03-2009, 06:27 AM
How about a GT3076? A GT3076-WG is on order for the OP's car. Your basic 3076 center section with 60mm turbine wheel and ported shroud compressor housing. Custom CNC machined T25 flange internal wastegate turbine housing. Designed to flow like a .63 A/R T3 flange. Custom CNC machined WG actuator bracket. Same turbo I have in my car. Jacob @ DW Garage delivers!

Thats going to be awesome!!!!

vizi