PDA

View Full Version : New Car.. Have some Questions

gcann
06-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi All

Just saying whats up!

I just bought a 2000 1.8t a4 It has 140km on it but it needs some work..I got it got it for $4000 cdn so it was a pretty good deal! Now i have a couple questions. Well actually i have alot of questions but I will just do a couple for now.
1: I cant get the fog lights to turn on.. Am i doing something wrong or could it be a fuse or relay or bulbs?

2: in dash display works and shows stuff when i start the car and what not but when im driving it is just black. It wont show the trip or fuel consumtion or anything. Any thoughts?

3: When i get on and off the gas i can feel it in my tranny.. When holding the shift knob and taping the gas and getting off it almost clunks (no noise)
I was thinking it could be a tranny mount or motor mount.. Thoughts?

Thanks Guys!

Gabriel

http://gabrielansel.com/ftp/photo.jpg

somebody5788
06-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi All

Just saying whats up!

I just bought a 2000 1.8t a4 It has 140km on it but it needs some work..I got it got it for $4000 cdn so it was a pretty good deal! Now i have a couple questions. Well actually i have alot of questions but I will just do a couple for now.
1: I cant get the fog lights to turn on.. Am i doing something wrong or could it be a fuse or relay or bulbs?

2: in dash display works and shows stuff when i start the car and what not but when im driving it is just black. It wont show the trip or fuel consumtion or anything. Any thoughts?

3: When i get on and off the gas i can feel it in my tranny.. When holding the shift knob and taping the gas and getting off it almost clunks (no noise)

Thanks Guys!

Gabriel

Well as long as your trying to turn fog's on w/ the headlights on as well then my guess is the bulbs are bad. Does the light come on in the switch?

I don't have a display but I think you have to push something that will turn it on.

Mounts would be a good place to start checking but there are plenty of things it could be.

gcann
06-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah the light on the switch comes on.. I will start with the bulbs then go from there...

Thanks

dcampana
06-27-2009, 01:24 PM
congrats on the Audi buy:) as for your questions, you can also use the search function and find a TON of info there...

yes and on your display question... there is a button on the bottom of the winshield wiper stalk on the column. the end shows a up and down arrow. on the bottom of that is a button that turns the dislay on ansd off. try that;)

the clunking can be numerous things... get under the car and ake a look. tranny mounts, rear diff mounts, driveshaft carrier...

donraja84
06-27-2009, 01:47 PM
the fog lights on the canadian models are the day time running lights - they should come on when the car is turned on. They turn off when you turn the headlights on, unless you press the button in the centre console ... i'd start with the bulbs

witwer4444
06-27-2009, 02:00 PM
owners manual included?? those tend to help out these certain new buyer questions.

biketsai
06-27-2009, 09:07 PM

1. Most likely a fuse, if that isnt it, then its possibly the connector/bulb.
2.There is a button on the right stalk to turn it back on. Its located on the underside of one of the stalks.
3.Could be a mount!

turbo_bootin
06-27-2009, 09:28 PM
looks clean; real nice for the mileage. i just love santorin though. good luck with it and welcome

gcann
06-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks guys.. I will check this out and let you know how it goes!