PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't depress clutch pedal after my diy clutch job.

jeffski1
06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I just completed my first clutch job, but there is a problem with something I did. The clutch pedal won't depress at all. Do I need to bleed the system? Neither the Bentley manual nor the diy write up I was following, mentioned doing that. Are there any typical mistakes rookies make?

dirtybrd
06-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Sound like the clutch fork might not be sitting correctly in the TO bearing. Unfortunately you'll have to pull the trans again to fix it.

jeffski1
06-27-2009, 10:08 AM
That's the kind of answer I was afraid of. But I think you might be right. Bum-mer.

mattiouti
07-23-2009, 09:24 AM
i would imagine if you replaced the slave cyliner or TO bearing along with the clutch you would deff need to bleed the system, otherwise you would just get a soft pedal with no kickback

jeffski1
07-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Here's the mistake this rookie made. When I removed the clutch fork, and replaced the throwout bearing, I didn't noticed that I installed it BACKWARDS!!! Duh. I mounted it on the inside to the fork, towards the tranny, not towards the pressure plate. What a dope. Oh well. Lesson learned.

I did replace the slave cylinder and completely bled the system, including the brakes, so that was the good that came out of this.