PDA

View Full Version : Help with car noise....

owde_eh4
06-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi guys,

I could use your help again...for the last 2-3 weeks I've had this rumbling sound when I drive. It kinda sounds like a hole in the exhaust would but I dont think its that. The sound starts off soft and increases the faster I drive. By the time I get to 100-130km/hr is loud enough that it interferes with a conversation taking place in the car with the windows closed. If stop and I accelerate in neutral the sound does not present itself. Nor does it increase if I rev while driving at a decent speed. The only time the sound disappears is when I am on a right turn bend. At a certain angle and beyond the sound goes away but returns as I straighten the steering wheel. Turning to the left does not make it noticably louder. There seems to be a slight vibration too but I'm not sure if its from the noise or something loose.

Also, I've only noticed this sound since I had my AC kinda taken car of. Apparently I have a compressor issue...not sure how the compressor works in relation to car driving when the AC is off.

Have any of you heard or had this before? Any suggestions what I could look for? My mechanically-challenged guess is that its something to do with the wheel or aligment...any suggestions would be appreciated.

thnx[up]

moroblues4
06-24-2009, 11:35 PM
check your tires or the wheels

owde_eh4
06-24-2009, 11:41 PM
thnx for the reply..

my tires are relatively new...but I'll check for damage to either the wheels or tires. Could this be caused by an alignment issue? Though I recently had that done.

Jibberific
06-24-2009, 11:55 PM
based on your description i'm gonna have to say wheel bearing.