PDA

View Full Version : turbo

ndfan81824
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
i'm sorry if this is a dumb question but can you put a turbo on a 2.8L v6? or can you only supercharge it?

dcampana
06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
you can turbo any motor as long as you have a deep pocket. getting a tune will be tough, and all the hardward for an install will have to be custom fabbed (exhaust, intake, intercooler ect...) then injectors tune and all supporting mods. not worth it IMHO

ndfan81824
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
alright thanks

Altech75
06-24-2009, 03:08 PM
They keyword here is can. If you really want to you can make it fit for sure, in fact there's a thread in the projects where someone's doing it, did it, whatever stage he's in. Definitely not for the faint of heart.

The supercharger on the other hand comes in a kit with all the extra's you'll need (to an extent I'm not completely sure) and there's a crap load more documentation in comparison. Either way it all comes down to what you want and what you're willing to pay.

So you can do it but why would you want to.

blackedoutaudi
06-24-2009, 04:05 PM
you can turbo any motor as long as you have a deep pocket. getting a tune will be tough, and all the hardward for an install will have to be custom fabbed (exhaust, intake, intercooler ect...) then injectors tune and all supporting mods. not worth it IMHO

wow man,i say this all the time on multiple forums here on AZ,and they jump down my throat...you can turbo any automotive motor in the world...thanks alot for the reassurance i already knew..lol...good luck on your 2.8turbo build to the thread starter[up]

dcampana
06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
^^ lol. just tryng to answer the OP question. as you state, it can be done, just need the $$$ to do it.

stormscr3
06-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Would be sick to have a 2.8L with a single Turbo ... like a 76mm turbo ... I just jizzed