PDA

View Full Version : ebay timing belt kit?!

ipop07
06-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi folks,

i am looking to change my timing belt and obviously looking for the cheapest but still safe way out...so i was looking at this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Audi-A4-01-02-03-04-05-Timing-Belt-Water-Pump-Kit_W0QQitemZ280243787378QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item413fd4d672&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A15|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0 |293%3A1|294%3A50 and wanted to know what you guys think. Is it good or am I wasting my money?

geeky
06-23-2009, 07:56 PM
here's a reliable link:
http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=1153

FCP is a distributor and I bought my CA's from them without any issues, but with a timing belt, I'd be slightly hesitant until I could find out who made the part they are selling.

ipop07
06-23-2009, 07:59 PM
here's a reliable link:
http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=1153

FCP is a distributor and I bought my CA's from them without any issues, but with a timing belt, I'd be slightly hesitant until I could find out who made the part they are selling.

thanks, but I am looking to buy one of ebay since I have the ebay protection in case it gets lost and such and besides I get airmiles lol...so are there any ebay ones that are reliable sources?!

mhorsfield89
06-23-2009, 08:11 PM
thanks, but I am looking to buy one of ebay since I have the ebay protection in case it gets lost and such and besides I get airmiles lol...so are there any ebay ones that are reliable sources?!

ok uber jew lol

ipop07
06-23-2009, 08:14 PM
ok uber jew lol

lol not a jew but if all these corporations are allowed to rip us off in every possible way to make 2 bilion dollars more on top of their hundreds, then why am i not going to take advantage of every single way of getting a little extra for the money?!

secnd2no1
06-23-2009, 08:42 PM
EBAY LOL.....no dollar parts in my motor

mike-2ptzero
06-23-2009, 09:00 PM

Too bad that Ebay protection doesn't protect you from getting crap or your engine blowing up. Thats like putting on a swiss cheese condum and having sex with a ghetto hooker.

somebody5788
06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Do not cheap out on the timing belt... and eBay protection. HAHAHAHAHA that shits worthless. That belt kit comes with a plastic water pump vs metal impellar which is the largest failure portion of the timing belt. Get one from ecs, purems, whoever sells it. They are reliable sources and at a decent price.

PoormansA4
06-23-2009, 09:31 PM
maybe you can find something of some quality? I bought a maf off ebay once and that shit died in 3 months

somebody5788
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
It's just too iffy you almost never know what you really are buying on eBay.

PoormansA4
06-23-2009, 09:45 PM
everything on ebay isnt crap, but for a timing belt and stuff I dont think I would even try it, its really not that much cheaper anyway.

stevejones19
06-23-2009, 09:48 PM
everything on ebay isnt crap, but for a timing belt and stuff I dont think I would even try it, its really not that much cheaper anyway.

x2 ^ not everything is crap... Just gotta know what your getting into, like what you can pinch pennies on and what not.

And timing belt isn't something to cheap out on

ipop07
06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
alright guys...thanks

i buy a lot on ebay so i know that there is crap and i also know there are good things there...reason why i am asking you guys and gave a specific example.

anyhow....i will probably go to those sources to get one since i am not willing to spend money on something that is not guaranteed to work only to find out later that i have to actually pay for the real thing which in the end makes me waste much more money than buying the real thing from the beginning...

thanks a lot...

geeky
06-23-2009, 10:54 PM
alright guys...thanks

i buy a lot on ebay so i know that there is crap and i also know there are good things there...reason why i am asking you guys and gave a specific example.

anyhow....i will probably go to those sources to get one since i am not willing to spend money on something that is not guaranteed to work only to find out later that i have to actually pay for the real thing which in the end makes me waste much more money than buying the real thing from the beginning...

thanks a lot...

um how old are you? I did not understand one word of that post.

As we mentioned earlier, don't cheap out on a timing belt, especially with our cars.

and the plastic water-pumps are infamous for going out and in turn destroying our motors because when the water-pump goes, slack develops in the timing belt and in turn the timing becomes off between the cams and crank. Once the timing on the crank and cams becomes off, its almost a guaranteed that you destroyed your valves, as our motors are interference motors.

And ebay buyer insurance doesnt cover the cost for a new set of valves/labor associated with removing the head and getting new valves installed.

Oceanside
06-24-2009, 02:05 AM
well here you go buddy you have the best of the best telling you this is one thing not to be cheap about. and when you do go cheap and you belt breaks or the pump seizes up and your pistons make some sweet love to your head just before it commits suicide then the "Everyone told you so" line is applicable. you want to be cheap go buy a honda or a geo. Kthx bye.

ipop07
06-24-2009, 05:16 AM
lol i just woke up and read my own post...and started laughing...lol this is what happens when i dont get enough sleep...

i was trying to say that i will buy the real thing to avoid all the trouble the other one would cause..

mike-2ptzero
06-24-2009, 08:31 AM
When ever someone says "guarantee" it always reminds me of Tommy boy. LOL