PDA

View Full Version : APR's snub mount

andernalin_junk
06-23-2009, 09:49 AM
http://goapr.com/products/engine_mount.html

does any one has them ? are they any good ?

Seerlah
06-23-2009, 10:06 AM
A lot of people have them. But honestly, the 034 snub mount w/bracket seems to be the best one (it is the bracket that makes the difference).

B6JoeS4
06-23-2009, 10:09 AM
may people have them including me. it seems to be hit or miss on them tohugh. some have problems with them making vibrations worse or even the snub dissapearing. i, on the other habd have had no problems with mine on my 3.0

jayraudi9
06-23-2009, 02:00 PM
i have one and i have had a little problem with a slight vibration, but other than that it is a lot smoother in between shifts

D's Avant
06-23-2009, 06:02 PM
I have one and will be going with a Stern or 034 set-up soon. My upgraded motor mounts and the APR snub don't work well together. Too much vibration with the APR snub. The bracket is the key.

Seerlah
06-23-2009, 06:29 PM
^The bracket that comes with the 034 one leaves little to no room for engine slop. My mechanic told me that I will need to replace one of my motor mounts soon, and he suggested an aftermarket snub instead (he is an enthusiest). So, I picked up the 034 kit. One of my better investments. I never knew how smoothe and easy shifting could be.

2001A4QUATTRO
06-23-2009, 07:39 PM
So you guys bash the APR snub because you would rather buy the 034 kit and not replace the mounts that are clearly failing? I have an APR snub, RS4 mounts and OEM trans mounts. Very stiff with hardly any vibration in the cabin. Never tried the 034 kit but I assume that it is a quality piece... Just do not agree with Audi enthusiasts covering up thier problems instead of fixing them properly. Will also be getting an AWE DTS soon... :))) My 0.02

Seerlah
06-23-2009, 07:46 PM
I was going by my mechanics suggestion, as he said it is not gone (no purple fluid and blah blah). But any aftermarket snub mount really can not conform to the shape of the stock bracket. All tuners can really do is create larger ones to fill up as much space as possible with stronger material. The 034 one with bracket really leave barely no space for the engine to rock back and forth. I will eventually replace my mounts, but there is no need now. Now, if my motor mount was clearly shot and then I replaced it with an aftermarket snub mount, then that would just be silly.

Would it make you happy if I were to replace my motor mounts with Stern ones?

D's Avant
06-23-2009, 08:40 PM
^ I have the Stern motor mounts and when I disconnect the snub bracket the vibration's drop to almost stock levels. The APR snub is pretty much jammed into the stock bracket. I will be going with a different snub mount to hopefully fix this. The stock snub bracket does not have enough adjustment to work properly with the APR snub and an engine sitting slightly higher due to the Stern motor mounts.

Seerlah
06-23-2009, 09:39 PM
I have the Stern Power Ring (already installed) and Stern Rear Diff Mounts I am going to install in a couple of days along with other stuff I need to do. Eventually, I want the complete Stern line up on my vehicle for the drivetrain (motor mounts, tranny mounts, power ring, and rear diff mount bushings), minus the snub mount. I kept an eye on threads on aftermarket snub mounts, and the 034 one had the greatest reviews. Now, I know why. APR ones are known for cracking also, in case people were concerned.

But for now, my budget is directed in other places. I just purchased coilovers, new rotors, pads, and fluid. I need to order a brake bleeder (and caliper paint kit[:p]) and I want to order a Febi CA kit before I install my coilovers. So, the mounts can wait. But my personal suggestion when anybody os looking for an aftermarket snub mount is the 034 w/bracket. The bracket is also quite adjustable, so you should be able to make it fit with the Stern Mounts. And if they don't, please warn anyone else whom will attempt to do it.

KBB5
06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Seerlah- how difficult were the stern diff mounts to install? I was under my car the other day and mine looked aged, do they make a difference? also anyone experience with greedspeed snub mount?

Seerlah
06-23-2009, 10:28 PM
I did not install the rear diff mounts yet. I was going to do it today, but Autozone had their ball joint press out which I was going to use to press the old bushings out. I installed the power ring and it was rather simple. It feels as if it granted back some missing torque, or maybe it was just the placebo effect. The thing is there is an aftermarket Apikol Rear Diff Mount that cost $250.

http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=1214

The Stern Power Ring and Stern Rear Diff Mount Bushings perform the same task for more than half the price. I will be attempting to install the bushings on Thursday, as Autozone ordered one for me to rent. If you look a couple threads down, you will see a thread by "unorthadoxa4" giving his review. And I have never even heard of Greedspeed.

To the OP, pardon for the thread jack.

KBB5
06-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks for info, ball joint press seem like good idea, I will hopefully be getting these soon, with a snub mount.