PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth the $$

AudiCoupe
06-23-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm currently running my A4 1.8TQ -96 AEB with K04-15, open air filter, autobahn88 FMIC, 2.5" cat-back exhaust and speedtuning software.
Running 20.5 psi.

To the question:
-Is it worth the money upgrading my injectors, MAF, downpipe and software?
-How much power am I missing out on?

Best Regards
Andreas

onemoremile
06-23-2009, 12:21 AM
You'll get more torque but that is about it.

biketsai
06-23-2009, 12:36 AM
YES! I dont know about the MAF though. Squeeze all the power you can otu of that thing.

onemoremile
06-23-2009, 01:45 AM
You'll also need an intercooler. I'd save the money and put it towards a real turbo later.

AudiCoupe
06-23-2009, 02:43 AM
You'll also need an intercooler. I'd save the money and put it towards a real turbo later.

I already got a autobahn88 FMIC.
I don't think I will change to a bigger turbo when I will have to reregister my car with the bigger turbo. This will also result in that I need to get atleast bigger breakes and probably something else in order to get the car registered here in Finland.

So it's not worth the getting a custom tune and the injectors then?
I'll probably get the downpipe and cat anyway...
Is there anything else that should be done?

h4robkr123
06-23-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure if they are in Finland but have you looked into GIACs k04 programs? They get quite a bit out of that turbo, and it requires new injectors, which you are looking into already.
I would recommend an HFC and downpipe as you'll see a lot more low end torque coming out of that turbo.

Altech75
06-23-2009, 12:46 PM
You could always send your K04 over to Scroll Products and have them completely rework that little sucker. You'll be pushing 24psi before you know it. That, and it'll be rebuilt professionally, balanced, the intake will be ported, and a better oil system will be installed. I can't exactly remember what they do all in all but it's a nice upgrade and it won't destroy your wallet or anything.

You'd probably want to call them, they're website isn't the best, especially the english version.

AudiCoupe
06-23-2009, 11:29 PM
You could always send your K04 over to Scroll Products and have them completely rework that little sucker. You'll be pushing 24psi before you know it. That, and it'll be rebuilt professionally, balanced, the intake will be ported, and a better oil system will be installed. I can't exactly remember what they do all in all but it's a nice upgrade and it won't destroy your wallet or anything.

You'd probably want to call them, they're website isn't the best, especially the english version.

Yes that was the plan, to get my K03 rebuilt by scrollproducts but then I found a used K04 here on AZ and bought that. Scrollproducts wanted like 900$ to rebuild the K03 to "outlaw". Thats alot when I got the K04 for 350$ and sold the K03 for 170$.
Is it cheaper to upgrade the K04 than tha K03?
Also have anyone dynoed a custom tuned outlaw with all the goodies yet?

biketsai
06-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Yes that was the plan, to get my K03 rebuilt by scrollproducts but then I found a used K04 here on AZ and bought that. Scrollproducts wanted like 900$ to rebuild the K03 to "outlaw". Thats alot when I got the K04 for 350$ and sold the K03 for 170$.
Is it cheaper to upgrade the K04 than tha K03?
Also have anyone dynoed a custom tuned outlaw with all the goodies yet?

I believe Docurley did. Search his username and im sure you will find it.

Altech75
06-24-2009, 10:03 AM
I wasn't sure how much it actually cost but it really opens the thing up so even though you don't have a whole lot of power there's a good bunch really down low. You'd have to talk to Doc for sure though.