PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a G2'd (supercharged) A4

jaimeson
06-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey people,

Does anyone here have or ever had a supercharged B5 A4? Just want some thoughts and/or opinions.

TIA,

Jay

Rhynolite
06-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Hey. [cool]

dougyfresh
06-22-2009, 09:36 AM
My friend does. His '98 has had it since early 2000s. 160k and going strong. Took ALOT of work to get it running right though. Software sucks. He had to rewrite a lot of the maps.

I don't know anything else beyond that.

topaz557
06-22-2009, 09:38 AM
im condsidering doing it to my 2000 2.8 when i have the money it is defintly alot of work. most peaple suggest just getting the 1.8t

Auburnsky1287
06-22-2009, 10:07 AM
go VR6 Turbo

somebody5788
06-22-2009, 10:31 AM
go VR6 Turbo

Correction. VR6BAMFT. That is all.

stubbs
06-22-2009, 01:45 PM
if you want to learn all about the PES supercharger kits, head over to scaudi.com. There are forums dedicated to it. There don't seem to be a lot of guys on here that have it, though you'll find them if you look.

AudiRacerS4
06-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey people,

Does anyone here have or ever had a supercharged B5 A4? Just want some thoughts and/or opinions.

TIA,

Jay

nope never heard of a supercharged or whatever you call it audi [confused] I dont think they make a kit for them...[headbang]

B5A4Kevin
06-23-2009, 05:35 AM
what i have heard coincides with what dougy said. the hardware is good, but the software maps suck (i heard the original programmer left to start giac??). and their programming depending on kit, can lean out the engine something awful.

jaimeson
06-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Actually I did a SC install on my 2.8 about 3 months ago. I was just wondering if anyone else had one and what their experience with it was. I tell you this much, it doesn't compare to turbos unless you have a built engine and a small pulley. And it was pretty easy to do as well. An S4 seems like it would be a bitch to work on hence the turbos are on the bottom side.

I'm running a safe 9 PSI ( I know it ain't much), any higher w/o pistons and you're headed for trouble. I would love to bore a 2.7 to a 2.8 and run the blower with a 2.6" pulley and water meth. I think that would be pretty fun.

jaimeson
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Correction. VR6BAMFT. That is all.

How's the weather up there in IN?

somebody5788
06-29-2009, 05:21 PM
How's the weather up there in IN?

Lol why do you ask?

Rhynolite
06-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Actually I did a SC install on my 2.8 about 3 months ago. I was just wondering if anyone else had one and what their experience with it was. I tell you this much, it doesn't compare to turbos unless you have a built engine and a small pulley. And it was pretty easy to do as well. An S4 seems like it would be a bitch to work on hence the turbos are on the bottom side.

I'm running a safe 9 PSI ( I know it ain't much), any higher w/o pistons and you're headed for trouble. I would love to bore a 2.7 to a 2.8 and run the blower with a 2.6" pulley and water meth. I think that would be pretty fun.

I'm running 9 psi as well (2.9" IIRC) with no pistons. Do you have the GIAC tuning for it? If you do, are you running SUPER rich?

Seerlah
06-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Isn't the G1 for the 2.8 and the G2 for the 3.0?

A4 Effort
06-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Isn't the G1 for the 2.8 and the G2 for the 3.0?

The G1 and G2 are for the 2.8s, and the G3 is for the 3.0

Seerlah
06-30-2009, 09:26 AM
^Cool[cool]. What's the difference between the G1 and G2?

somebody5788
06-30-2009, 10:56 AM
^Cool[cool]. What's the difference between the G1 and G2?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=g1+supercharger+audi lol I had to. G2 is on the intake itself G1 is side mount and can have an intercooler put on it.

Seerlah
06-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Already tried. PES-Tuning's (http://www.pes-tuning.com/) site is on some bullsh*t right now. They reformatted the site and I can not find the info I am looking for. Not only that, but it seems that they no longer have any superchargers on ebay.

somebody5788
06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Already tried. PES-Tuning's (http://www.pes-tuning.com/) site is on some bullsh*t right now. They reformatted the site and I can not find the info I am looking for. Not only that, but it seems that they no longer have any superchargers on ebay.

The G1 is no longer available anyways. IMO though the G1 is much better because of the fact that you can easily add on an intercooler and meth injection. This is what I would loooooove to do to my 2.8. Or swap for a VR6 w/ a Big ass turbo.

attamz
06-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey people,

TIA,

Jay

I'll give you my opinion, but I know you think "opinions are like assholes" jk

What do you specifically want to know... If I like the kit or not, or if it's worth the money?

For the price spent on a used kit I could have bought a salvage s4 from a insurance pool and swapped the drivetrain to make equivakent more reliable power w/ alot more potential.

jaimeson
06-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Lol why do you ask?

That's where i'm from.

jaimeson
06-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm running 9 psi as well (2.9" IIRC) with no pistons. Do you have the GIAC tuning for it? If you do, are you running SUPER rich?

Shit man I didn't even notice it was you! I see you on scaudi all the time man.

No, I sent my ECU to PES and they flashed it. It may be a little lean if anything. Have you downloaded limmywink? Water meth can easily be used on the G2. I know a lot of guys running it and they say it helps quite a bit.

jaimeson
06-30-2009, 10:44 PM
I'll give you my opinion, but I know you think "opinions are like assholes" jk

What do you specifically want to know... If I like the kit or not, or if it's worth the money?

For the price spent on a used kit I could have bought a salvage s4 from a insurance pool and swapped the drivetrain to make equivakent more reliable power w/ alot more potential.

Yeah that's why i'm selling the A4 and bought an S4. I ef'd it up when I had a mis shift (I can't drive my own car) though so now it sits. You haven't heard? I'm famous man, some asshole that goes by dr. duct dick or duct *uck or some retarded shit like that is givin me a bad name everywhere he can. He can't just bust my calls sayin I suck at drivin and that be it; he joined audisrs.com just to bash me and I owned his pathetic ass and all the other members there told him what a waste of life he is, LOL!

But I will agree with more power yes, reliability, no. I'm not pickin a bone with you but from my experience I would say SC is more reliable but opinions are like assholes right?! LOL

Kyle H
06-30-2009, 10:55 PM
i'm running 9 psi as well (2.9" iirc) with no pistons. Do you have the giac tuning for it? If you do, are you running super rich?

you don't have any pistons!?? Holy cow!

Rhynolite
06-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Shit man I didn't even notice it was you! I see you on scaudi all the time man.

No, I sent my ECU to PES and they flashed it. It may be a little lean if anything. Have you downloaded limmywink? Water meth can easily be used on the G2. I know a lot of guys running it and they say it helps quite a bit.

Huh. Weird.

I unplugged VVT last night and did a 3rd gear freeway pull and ran like an 11.5 AFR instead of my gauge just saying RICH haha [:p]

Which makes no sense to me cause I was running 10 psi instead of 9 [>_>]

Rhynolite
06-30-2009, 11:06 PM

SHHH trade secret [o_o][>_<]

jaimeson
06-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Huh. Weird.

I unplugged VVT last night and did a 3rd gear freeway pull and ran like an 11.5 AFR instead of my gauge just saying RICH haha [:p]

Which makes no sense to me cause I was running 10 psi instead of 9 [>_>]

Here's Lemiwinks, check it out. You can make some adjustments if you need.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1618056

savetheclutch
07-01-2009, 06:16 AM
so u are the kid that fucked up the stage 3 s4 on video? LOL you are everywhere on the net

somebody5788
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM

What? My last car didn't have piston's and the one for sale in my sig doesn't have any pistons. Rotary FTW!

jaimeson
07-07-2009, 11:33 AM
so u are the kid that fucked up the stage 3 s4 on video? LOL you are everywhere on the net

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/jaimesonlee/2lcxuea.png

Yeah that would be me. Of course i'm all over the net, you didn't know that some people have nothing but time on their hands and have no life so they ruin other people's reps? Shit man that's the American way! There is more to life than the internet in case you didn't know buddy. Funny thing is I know i'm not the only person unfortunate enough to jack up his ride due to poor driving skill yet people are still bein total asses about it. My ef up, my problem, not yours or theirs'. I thought forums were for helping out not beatin someone down lower than they already are for a mistake they made.

But enough about that, I could care less anymore. I'm not gonna try to argue back and fourth with people about it and feed the drama they live for; instead i'm gonna keep researching options on getting it back on the road.

So far I have only got rude a-holes bashin me but i'm hopin someone will offer some good advice on gettin it fixed.

I want to get a euro spec engine but am waiting on some feedback from people that have or had them as I have heard mixed things about them.

I'm open to gettin some used parts as well but when you buy used it's a gamble for sure.

Kyle H
07-07-2009, 12:27 PM
What? My last car didn't have piston's and the one for sale in my sig doesn't have any pistons. Rotary FTW!

I hear peta was going after rotary engine owners-- apparently they heard how much those engines harm seals [;)]

somebody5788
07-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I hear peta was going after rotary engine owners-- apparently they heard how much those engines harm seals [;)]

Meh my buddies FB has 200k+ miles and still has decent compression for the age. It's stupid owners or BAT's that end up blowing them. Though they would look at our Audi's w/ GT28's making 300 something hp and laugh cuz in the Rotary world 500hp for modified is becoming the average.

savetheclutch
07-07-2009, 02:56 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/jaimesonlee/2lcxuea.png

Yeah that would be me. Of course i'm all over the net, you didn't know that some people have nothing but time on their hands and have no life so they ruin other people's reps? Shit man that's the American way! There is more to life than the internet in case you didn't know buddy. Funny thing is I know i'm not the only person unfortunate enough to jack up his ride due to poor driving skill yet people are still bein total asses about it. My ef up, my problem, not yours or theirs'. I thought forums were for helping out not beatin someone down lower than they already are for a mistake they made.

But enough about that, I could care less anymore. I'm not gonna try to argue back and fourth with people about it and feed the drama they live for; instead i'm gonna keep researching options on getting it back on the road.

So far I have only got rude a-holes bashin me but i'm hopin someone will offer some good advice on gettin it fixed.

I want to get a euro spec engine but am waiting on some feedback from people that have or had them as I have heard mixed things about them.

I'm open to gettin some used parts as well but when you buy used it's a gamble for sure.

well I was just asking... but hahahahaha

anyways, check out vortex, there is a guy selling 2 s4 engines for 1800, maybe that can help you

jaimeson
07-07-2009, 05:11 PM

anyways, check out vortex, there is a guy selling 2 s4 engines for 1800, maybe that can help you

Thanks andresito360, i'll check em' out. Seems pretty cheap compared to what I been told they go for, must be for parts only.

savetheclutch
07-07-2009, 05:23 PM
No, is for complete engines, but one is for parts I think, the guy is in ny but even with shipping it will probably be cheaper for you anyways.. If anything part out the car... You could probably get all your money back and buy anotherone just from all the aftermaket parts

jaimeson
07-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Damn guy, that's kinda goin off the deep end IMO, but then again it may not be a bad idea if money is issue which right now it is. I just don't have all the tools I need and/or the time to do that but thanks for idea. And I really like the ER smic's, lol.

Seerlah
07-08-2009, 07:57 AM
You can try uShip (http://www.uship.com/) if you need the engine shipped from the East Coast to the West Coast. You would just need the seller to place the engine in a crate for you and I am not sure what category you would place the ad in. The site works as you, the shipper, placing a shipment needed and shippers bid for the best price on delivery (the system works for you). You choose the lowest price, basically (instructions will be on the website). Like ebay, the shippers have feedback. So, you can decide if you want to use that shipper and so forth. Just one route to consider.

somebody5788
07-08-2009, 08:51 PM
So a... I just got a Eaton M90 supercharger.... Hmmmmmmmmm

Rhynolite
07-08-2009, 11:33 PM
So a... I just got a Eaton M90 supercharger.... Hmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmm...

You needed an M62 to bolt onto the PES manifold..

..hmmmm [>_>]

TMorris
07-09-2009, 12:07 AM

I feel like those have been there for a while and I've seen mention of them by like 10 people (here and the tex). Either people are broke or somethings sketch.

somebody5788
07-09-2009, 07:03 AM
Hmmmm...

You needed an M62 to bolt onto the PES manifold..

..hmmmm [>_>]

We are thinking 2 totally different things here...

http://tomasz.data2net.org/gallery-albums/album130/dec10_010.jpg

Rhynolite
07-11-2009, 11:05 PM

Ah.

PROCEED! [up][up]

Siena
07-12-2009, 04:49 AM
Nice 'charger! [:d]

But V8 power does it better! [up]

Rhynolite
07-12-2009, 12:06 PM

I'm waiting for you to make a V8 swap kit. [hail]

Siena
07-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm waiting for you to make a V8 swap kit. [hail]

There's one already.

3 kits on the shelf.

anmagro
07-12-2009, 02:52 PM
There's one already.

3 kits on the shelf.

Made by you?

audispeed
07-12-2009, 03:44 PM
More info?

Siena
07-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Made for, and on behalf of Deltavag LTD, using my designs and specification.

somebody5788
07-12-2009, 03:52 PM

Hehe... I don't have your kind skills... or money... I think my 2.8 will be able to get me by just fine and unless I'm on something its pretty cheap so far.

audispeed
07-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Made for, and on behalf of Deltavag LTD, using my designs and specification.

More info in the sense of how much, what is included, do you provide instructions, etc.

Siena
07-12-2009, 06:14 PM
More info in the sense of how much, what is included, do you provide instructions, etc.

Ok, got you.

I'll PM you, we're going seriously off-topic here.

jaimeson
07-23-2009, 12:02 AM

That a G1 kit? It sure looks like it, that bitch is gonna be loud! Not sure if that bothers you or not but the M62 setup is pretty quiet.

Are you all set up yet?

jaimeson
07-23-2009, 12:05 AM
You can try uShip (http://www.uship.com/) if you need the engine shipped from the East Coast to the West Coast. You would just need the seller to place the engine in a crate for you and I am not sure what category you would place the ad in. The site works as you, the shipper, placing a shipment needed and shippers bid for the best price on delivery (the system works for you). You choose the lowest price, basically (instructions will be on the website). Like ebay, the shippers have feedback. So, you can decide if you want to use that shipper and so forth. Just one route to consider.

Thanks for the info but it looks like I got a real sweet deal on a short block with heads (disassembled). We'll see if it goes through as I haven't had much luck dealin with people from FL.

Rb26dett s13
07-23-2009, 07:54 AM
In regards to the VR6 turbo, who makes kits for that?? How fast is a VR6 turbo compared to a SC 2.8??

A4 Effort
07-23-2009, 08:19 AM
That a G1 kit? It sure looks like it, that bitch is gonna be loud! Not sure if that bothers you or not but the M62 setup is pretty quiet.

Are you all set up yet?

That's not the G1 kit, but they're similiar in setup/appearance. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that is 4Rings old custom setup he attempted, but scraped the project, no?

Here are pics of the G1 setup in my car:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/Undertow27/New%20Audi%20Pics/Audi006.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/Undertow27/New%20Audi%20Pics/Audi007.jpg

somebody5788
07-23-2009, 08:26 AM
That's not the G1 kit, but they're similiar in setup/appearance. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that is 4Rings old custom setup he attempted, but scraped the project, no?

Your correct. Stole them right from his album haha. My setup is likely to be much louder then a g1 unfortunately.. but I am going to take some measure's to keep it as quiet as possible. I'd prefer to only hear it above 1500 rpm's.

It's funny though im getting the lower mount from him that he modified for the lysholm supercharger, his old bypass and well half the piping from his G1 it looks like. As well as his ecu chip and injectors. Looks like about 250 for injectors, bypass, and intake piping. Thanks Jeff (A4 Effort) and Tomaz (4rings@ SCAudi.com). Your going a long way to making mine a reality! I'm going to be making a plaque or something when its done to put under the hood at show's and I'll be sure to give you guys some credit on it for helping me as well as Taylor (Goodhews) and Kieth (Tifun).

A4 Effort
07-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Your correct. Stole them right from his album haha. My setup is likely to be much louder then a g1 unfortunately.. but I am going to take some measure's to keep it as quiet as possible. I'd prefer to only hear it above 1500 rpm's.

It's funny though im getting the lower mount from him that he modified for the lysholm supercharger, his old bypass and well half the piping from his G1 it looks like. As well as his ecu chip and injectors. Looks like about 250 for injectors, bypass, and intake piping. Thanks Jeff (A4 Effort) and Tomaz (4rings@ SCAudi.com). Your going a long way to making mine a reality! I'm going to be making a plaque or something when its done to put under the hood at show's and I'll be sure to give you guys some credit on it for helping me as well as Taylor (Goodhews) and Kieth (Tifun).

[up] anytime. Just a reminder that your pieces will be going out today. Should have them next week

le91688
07-23-2009, 09:59 AM
i need to find me a used kit : /

T0mat3
07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
i need to find me a used kit : /

Theres one in the classified's right now : http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=18117&cat=all

le91688
07-23-2009, 04:06 PM
snapppppp might pick this bad boy up

Rb26dett s13
07-27-2009, 09:35 AM
^^ that is an amazing deal! someone jump on that!

somebody5788
07-27-2009, 09:52 AM

2k doesn't seem like an amazing deal to me... m62 supercharger just seemed like having a k03 to me lol. I'd say it was a great deal for like 1700.

Rb26dett s13
07-27-2009, 10:30 AM
What other then the M62 works with the G2 kit??

somebody5788
07-27-2009, 10:32 AM
What other then the M62 works with the G2 kit??

Nothing AFIK. I'm making my own kit.

Lol I find it funny I didn't notice the dent in that pipe until I took it out of the box today and saw it on the pipe and the picture.

A4 Effort
07-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Lol I find it funny I didn't notice the dent in that pipe until I took it out of the box today and saw it on the pipe and the picture.

You didn't expect me to remove that dent before shipping it to you, did you?! [>_<]

Rb26dett s13
07-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Nothing AFIK. I'm making my own kit.

Ahh fantastic.. perhaps if it works out well you can sell the custom units to us M62 suckers??

somebody5788
07-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Ahh fantastic.. perhaps if it works out well you can sell the custom units to us M62 suckers??

I may be able to we will see. But your on your own for tuning.

thenorthface84
08-02-2009, 04:29 PM
i have some parts for the g2 i just put up in the classifieds. got a pes giac chip for the g2 and 6 rc injectors (sl4-270cc). these are just some spare parts i have sitting around taking up space. as for my g2, i have it on my passat (01 2.8 30v fwd). i absolutely love it. there is a new kit that some of the scaudi.com guys are developing that is an "intercooler" for the kit. the kit will run 4-6 pounds of boost of the stock pulley (3 inch). the 2.9 inch pulley will put you into about 9 pounds of boost. at prolonged 10 pounds of boost you can kiss the pistons or a piston goodbye because the setup is not currently intercooled. with the intercooler, water meth spray, and a rich tune the max of 13 psi for the charger is a pretty good possibility. the g2 kit is well worth the money. no complaints or issues with the kit and i have had it close to a year. it is a hell of alot more reliable than any aftermarket turbo set up and you dont ever have to worry about turbo lag. check out scaudi.com. we are all pretty helpful.

markcm
08-03-2009, 03:23 PM

I jumped, and now it's sitting nicely on my 2.8

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_aaXkHrqk8vI/SqbG6h-hSTI/AAAAAAAAExo/8U1ioQOUbPY/s400/PESg2_freshInstall-1.JPG

jaimeson
08-08-2009, 10:23 AM

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/Undertow27/New%20Audi%20Pics/Audi006.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/Undertow27/New%20Audi%20Pics/Audi007.jpg

DAMN! That shit looks so pretty [up] Who did the install?

somebody5788
08-08-2009, 10:32 AM
DAMN! That shit looks so pretty [up] Who did the install?

I wouldn't doubt if he installed it himself. It's not that terribly difficult IMO. Hardest thing I could see would be the lower bracket.

jaimeson
08-08-2009, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't doubt if he installed it himself. It's not that terribly difficult IMO. Hardest thing I could see would be the lower bracket.

I dunno about the G1 set up but my G2 wasn't too difficult. I think the hardest part was convincing myself that the P/S hose with a crazy ass bend in it was actually gonna flow P/S fluid, LOL!

I just wondered about his because I have never seen that plate that says PES. I have also seen plastic valve cover pieces in pictures that say PES on them but PES says the can't get them.

His shit is clean though. [up]

somebody5788
08-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I dunno about the G1 set up but my G2 wasn't too difficult. I think the hardest part was convincing myself that the P/S hose with a crazy ass bend in it was actually gonna flow P/S fluid, LOL!

I just wondered about his because I have never seen that plate that says PES. I have also seen plastic valve cover pieces in pictures that say PES on them but PES says the can't get them.

His shit is clean though. [up]

Really? I thought they all had the PES marked on the front mount.

A4 Effort
08-08-2009, 07:34 PM

Did the install myself with the help of 4Rings. He was actually pretty excited when he found out that i had a G1 since he had one himself and knows they are few and far between. Install was pretty straight-forward, and it took us right around 8 hours to do the t/b job and s/c install. 4Rings' knowledge with the G1 proved invaluable when it came time to put it in, and i cannot thank him enough for his help [up]

All the G1 unit's that i've seen, which equate to about 3 (inc. myself) all have PES stenciled on the s/c mount. Not sure if PES stamps anything on their G2 units, but from what i've seen, they don't.

jaimeson
09-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Did the install myself with the help of 4Rings. He was actually pretty excited when he found out that i had a G1 since he had one himself and knows they are few and far between. Install was pretty straight-forward, and it took us right around 8 hours to do the t/b job and s/c install. 4Rings' knowledge with the G1 proved invaluable when it came time to put it in, and i cannot thank him enough for his help [up]

All the G1 unit's that i've seen, which equate to about 3 (inc. myself) all have PES stenciled on the s/c mount. Not sure if PES stamps anything on their G2 units, but from what i've seen, they don't.

Where abouts is that city you live in, northern?