PDA

View Full Version : Rear running light problem

seeknstrike
06-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Well long story short. My drivers side front turn signal flew off on the highway since it was not snapped in all the way. so their is no bulb connector just the 2 wires.

my rear drivers side running light does not work. only when you hit the brakes the bulb lights up. And also the little small bulb does not work either. The pass side is flawless.

Iv tryed to change the good bulb from the pass side over to the drivers and no dice.

Thank you!

walky_talky20
06-21-2009, 10:51 PM
The tail light and front parking light are both coming off the same fuse, but there are separate fuses for drivers and passenger sides (#23 for the drivers side, and #22 for the passenger side I believe). It sounds to me like the two wires that are hanging there touched together (or the positive wire touched the chassis) and blew the fuse, subsequently causing your rear tail light to stop working.

audios9
06-21-2009, 11:11 PM
I have a driver side turn signal that i could sell to you for 30$ for the Prefacelift A4 (96-99.0), just PM so that i could calculate shipping and you can not have those wires exposed.