PDA

View Full Version : Effin Audi

AWD Mike
06-20-2009, 07:15 PM
So today, driving down the highway, my car flashed the oil lights and then shut off abruptly and then would not start. I put in enough oil until the dipstick read properly, still nothing. [headbang]

I towed it home (waste of $140), and began to try and figure what was wrong.

I searched before hand and read all of this thread : http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276920&highlight=car+won%27t+start&page=2

Regardless, I have not figured out what it is yet. I just drove the car fine today and all day yesterday, and there were no problems, no noises, etc.

Only thing done recently to the car is getting gas (93 octane), ABS speed sensor and exhaust setup.

Any ideas before I have to pay again to have it towed to a shop? [confused]

Thanks,

Mike

dingguhlbary
06-21-2009, 01:24 AM
ruh roh. sludge?????

AWD Mike
06-21-2009, 08:13 AM
I have a 2.8 ... I don't know if you were speaking in regards to turbo sludge or not...

I think I have found the problem .. I cleaned the MAF, nothing happened, and then I checked fuses.

Good ole number 28 (Fuel pump) was completely blown.

On my way to the store now hoping that this is all that it was. [drive]

Seerlah
06-21-2009, 08:31 AM
I have a 2.8 ... I don't know if you were speaking in regards to turbo sludge or not...

I think I have found the problem .. I cleaned the MAF, nothing happened, and then I checked fuses.

Good ole number 28 (Fuel pump) was completely blown.

On my way to the store now hoping that this is all that it was. [drive]

Yeah, that might do it[:p]. Sludge on our vehicles is not just a turbo'd application issue. The turbocharger just happens to make the oil break down faster. You do use synthetic oil, correct?

seanj130
06-21-2009, 08:46 AM
get AAA it would have just paid for itself right there!!

AWD Mike
06-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Just replaced the fuse, and VOILA!

Car started. Runs great. Pissed I paid for a tow.

Lesson learned: Keep some goodies in the trunk (fuses, oil, etc)

Thanks,

adr3naline fix
06-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Glad she was a cheap fix!

I had a 310$ towing fee for blowing my fuel pump 60mi away from my apt! I know how you feel

somebody5788
06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
I would be curious if your fuel pump is on its way out and drawing too many amps. Not much reason for a fuse to just go out all on its own.

AWD Mike
06-21-2009, 12:54 PM
The fuse was quite loose, which I found odd.

I thought maybe it was not making a good connection and might have blown? Who knows ... Keeping my fingers crossed nothing else happens!

For now = [drive]