PDA

View Full Version : coolant temperature gauge

seeknstrike
06-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Well ever snice I got my car my coolant temperature gauge almost never goes halfway if anything. Only on hot days when I let my car idle. This normal for our cars?

AudiRacerS4
06-20-2009, 01:13 PM
no its not normal, most likely your thermostat is stuck open and it will need to be replaced. How many miles are on your car? The thermostat is usually replaced along with the waterpump and timing belt

seeknstrike
06-20-2009, 01:17 PM
It has 97, Im doing my water pump. timing belt. this week, But it has reached normal temp before

AudiRacerS4
06-20-2009, 01:19 PM
It has 97, Im doing my water pump. timing belt. this week, But it has reached normal temp before

if the car only comes up to temp when its not moving its almost 100% the thermostat, since your doing the TB and WP this week i wouldn't worry about it too much since that will most likely fix the problem once you replace the thermostat. Have you noticed the gauge drop below halfway while you are cruising on the highway?

seeknstrike
06-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Nope. It almost never goes half way, Only sometimes when i let it idle for a long time, And when i drive, It goes all the way down