PDA

View Full Version : Headlight questions

Tifun
06-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm currently rocking ecodes with a standard bulb. I just picked up some S4 lights with factory HID's. I want to move hardware from one housing to another to make it work. Meaning, the ballast and the bulbs. Has anyone done this? My ecodes have ballasts already, or at least a spot that looks like them haha. In the end, I don't really want to change my harness or if I do, I would like to know what I need to change. I don't have a lot of HID experience, so I'm wondering what all I need to do that wont catch my car on fire haha.

Seerlah
06-18-2009, 05:34 PM
You basically want to swap the S4 OEM Valeo internals into the Ecode headlight housing you have on your vehicle currently? The connectors are all the same, but the projector itself is different. You would need to open up the headlights and swap the h7 projector with the D2S one. I would also just bring over all wiring from the low beam lid (just swap lids with all wiring attached as you will need the wiring anyways. this should make it a whole lot easier), and the connectors will be the same (they are the same for the B5 S4 and facelift A4, minus leveling motor pin). Cut out an opening for the ballast on the bottom. I have not done this myself, but this would be what is needed.

somebody5788
06-18-2009, 07:41 PM
NOOB! Stupid question! hahaha jk

Tifun
06-18-2009, 07:47 PM
go pound some salt Nic hahahaha

oldblu
06-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Fuk that. I'm putting HIDs on my ecodes. Maybe shrink wrap the connections. (how bad can it be?)

Seerlah
06-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I have HIDs on my Ecode headlights and see no issue with them, besides them needing to warm up.

lifwanian
06-18-2009, 09:44 PM
New rule. Every time you post a question, you have to add a picture of your car [:D]

Tifun
06-19-2009, 05:57 AM
This isn't vortex LOL. Where people only click when they see the camera. I have Saturday off so I'm going to Mess around with it then.