PDA

View Full Version : need some audio help

jayraudi9
06-17-2009, 11:14 PM
I need some help with getting new speakers. my front stock ones are pretty much done for, but i want to replace all of them at once. i already checked and i dont have rear door speakers, but the audio shop i go to say the manufacturer leaves the wires there so they can hook them up. is this true?

also i need help with the speaker size of the front door speakers. i have the non-bose, which i searched and the stock size is 4", but the audio shop says i have 5 1/4 according to their computer. if i buy 5 1/4" speakers and have them install it along with my rear deck speakers and amp, then they find out it is 4", then you think they will make an adapter for them or call me and tell me im S.O.L. unless i buy 4"speakers.

im looking to get all Alpine Type S speakers. anyone have experience with them? i have a sony xplod amp that i got for free hooking up to them.

B6JoeS4
06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
with a sony xplod amp, nothing will sound that good. if it is more sound quality you are after, you will need a better amp. i have heard two friends cars with sony stuff and it sounds horrible.

jayraudi9
06-23-2009, 02:12 PM
well it was free and ill try it out for a few weeks. believe me i know xplod's reputation but its only temporary. ill probably get an infinity amp

ProSkierNJ
06-25-2009, 09:41 AM
go with a memphis amp. Great sound quality.

J Ozzie
06-25-2009, 10:39 AM
with a sony xplod amp, nothing will sound that good. if it is more sound quality you are after, you will need a better amp. i have heard two friends cars with sony stuff and it sounds horrible.

LMAO, Yeah dude Sony Xplodeeee [headbang] is shit.. Get something better, Kenwood, Alpine something good.. not Xplode that looks like something you would get out of em 1 buck toy machines.

Remember your bottom speakers are mid - bass so a 3 way speaker will do you no good as you have tweeters up top.

Oh and Alpine type S speakers are wicked loud! I had them all around in my talon and they get crazy loud! Whats wrong with your Bose speakers? Did you blow em putting 2 much bass to them?

markcm
06-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I put Alpine Type R in the rear deck which I think is a step up from the type S. Smoking prices on ebay, something like $85 shipped for the 6" rears and they came with adapter plates to bolt right in to the stock locations. They get great reviews... I run them off a fosgate 300x which is less than rated but a pretty nice amp. In my opinion, there's something wrong with the acoustics of the rear deck speaker position in general in my 99.5 A4q, I just can't hear them for Sh*t and it drives me nuts. I'd say the Type R sound pretty good if your in the back seat but regardless of gain or balance I can't the the sound I want from the rear deck; when it's gained up or faded to rear it just sounds muffled back there.

I'd also like to know the same as you about the front speakers, I'll watch the thread.

onemoremile
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
What kind of music do you listen to?
Do you often listen to it very loud?
What is the model number of the amp?
If the deck isn't stock, what is it?
Do you plan further system upgrades in the future?
Do you plan to add a subwoofer at some point?

Funny how people just throw out answers without asking any questions. You can make even a Sony x-plod sound like a million bucks without much effort. Just takes a little planning and some common sense. Just popping in some speakers and wiring it up is analogous to bolting up a big turbo and expecting the mad powa to just happen on it's own.

jayraudi9
06-26-2009, 12:43 AM
ok first i dont have the bose speakers.

i listen to a lot of hype/hip hop music as well as punk/rapcore, and a lot of other stuff. and most of the time i like to listen to it loud with a lot of hard hitting bass. none of that vibrating bass. i hate that.
i have a Kenwood DDX512 touchscreen headunit.
not sure about the model # on the amp, but its 800watts i believe.
yes i plan on upgrading the whole car, along with a subwoofer eventually

onemoremile
06-28-2009, 03:29 PM
budget?