PDA

View Full Version : will A3 wheels fit on my 99 avant?

pinkpig
06-17-2009, 02:19 PM
considering putting A3 wheels on my 99 a4 avant...
the question is will they fit..? do I absolutely need spacers?
the lug pattern is 5 x 112, the tires are 235/45/17"
if I need spacers...any leeds on a source?
cheers!

speedydragon
06-17-2009, 02:32 PM
If I recall correctly, oem A3 wheels have a ridiculously high offset, something like et 52. I would recommend running at least a 10mm spacer all around.

pinkpig
06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
speedydragon,
thanks for taking the time to reply...
enjoyed seeing ur pics
what are your part resources?
short term, I want sport springs, wheels tires...(10mm wheels spacers)
not intending to get too crazy with mods..slight enhancements only.
thx,
pinkpig

AUDIous
06-17-2009, 04:24 PM
i use a3 wheels for the winter i belive they are 56mm offset. i run 12mm spacers which put em where the factory wheels sat. you will need some spacers they wont clear the suspension with out atleast 5mm.

djwimbo
06-17-2009, 04:28 PM
The above info is correct.

They work, just make sure you use spacers AND the correct length lug bolts.

pinkpig
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
got it ..thanks for the feedback...u know where I can find those spacers?

speedydragon
06-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Mike@Pure Motorsports, an AZ advertiser sells spacers with the correct bolts. just do a quick search on google or whatever for pure motorsports. ECS also sells spacers. umm..What's a part resource? Like where I get my parts? I usually get my parts from the shops that advertise on audizine. I only purchase from the shops with good feedback or have been around AZ for a while. I choose reputation over distance. I rather patiently wait for my parts to get delievered with top notch customer service than have to go through with bad customer service. I've purchased from 034 Motorsports, AWE tuning, Vivid Racing, ECS, Autobahn Exotics, Pure Motorsports, and AP specialties.

oh and thanks for the compliment :)

DamagedGoods
06-18-2009, 09:50 AM
got it ..thanks for the feedback...u know where I can find those spacers?

Last time I checked http://store.blackforestindustries.com/wheels5.html had the cheapest price on spacers and bolts.