PDA

View Full Version : 3 in exhaust

turbo_bootin
06-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Has anyone ever used a 3in exhaust with a stock/chipped car? How does it sound? I'm just wondering because I'd like to go BT in a year or so and don't want to have to replace the exhaust twice.

pipe7284
06-16-2009, 08:13 PM
I did it, it was pretty loud for a k03. Its like that saying " dog that barks dont bite", you hear your car all loud and shit, but its still too slow. go to you tube and search mi name "pipe7284" those vids i have there are with just a chip and 3 inch exhaust. But if you are going big turbo down the road, might as well do it. I did.

EDIT

here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFHBSw_i9ak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CTBLJx69VI

usetoownanaudi
06-16-2009, 08:20 PM
i HAVE THE NEUSPEED 3" ON MY B7, i LIKE IT. I AM RUNNING IT WITH A TEST PIPE AND ITS A LITTLE LOUD BUT NOT TO BAD...

$teady$upreme
06-16-2009, 09:07 PM
B7 and B5 is a total different story.

WHat i recommend is, if you plan to do big turbo down the road, then yah 3" is fine. If you want to stick with just chip/k03/k04, then i guess 2.5" will be your best bet and better performance than 3.0" imo.

i HAVE THE NEUSPEED 3" ON MY B7, i LIKE IT. I AM RUNNING IT WITH A TEST PIPE AND ITS A LITTLE LOUD BUT NOT TO BAD...

Seerlah
06-16-2009, 09:27 PM
The sound note has more to do with the downpipe, resonator, and muffler (also if one was to place in a test pipe). I have a 2.75" exhaust and is quieter than my stock exhaust was. Also is quieter than most people whom do 2.25"-2.5" set ups. Depending on what parts you use, you can have a very quiet 3" exhaust system. Magnaflow for example tends to be loud. Vibrant seems to be more subtle. And there is always the option of the APR or Milltek from the S4 with the y-peice cut off.

turbo_bootin
06-16-2009, 09:51 PM
i was planning on going with the 034 3in. anyone have any experience with that?

onemoremile
06-17-2009, 04:21 PM
What exhaust do you have? I'd like my ride to be as sneaky as possible.[>_<]

The sound note has more to do with the downpipe, resonator, and muffler (also if one was to place in a test pipe). I have a 2.75" exhaust and is quieter than my stock exhaust was. Also is quieter than most people whom do 2.25"-2.5" set ups. Depending on what parts you use, you can have a very quiet 3" exhaust system. Magnaflow for example tends to be loud. Vibrant seems to be more subtle. And there is always the option of the APR or Milltek from the S4 with the y-peice cut off.