PDA

View Full Version : rebuilding coilovers?? i need answers!

wesleyfbm
06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
so what does it take to bebuild coils?

how much would it cost?

and where would they get done?

haha thanks guys i need speedy responses

willowtreexx
06-16-2009, 10:42 AM
well i thought about this too. I have the H&R system and when i called to have them rebuilt, they told me that they have to send it to Germany, and I would have to wait a long time. and the cost to have it done was not cheap.

they litterly told me it would be cheaper to just buy a new set for the time and money spent having them rebuilt...

wesleyfbm
06-16-2009, 10:48 AM
there must be local places that rebuild shocks tho...am i right??

ghost6303
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM
what do you need rebuilt? are the shocks leaking? springs broken? the adjustment rings stuck?

onemoremile
06-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Are you even going to bother to tell us what coilovers you have? Bilstein and Koni both offer rebuild services. My Bilsteins have been revalved.

wesleyfbm
06-16-2009, 12:21 PM
they are H&R sorry. the coils are for sale and am thinking of purchasing. in the ad it states "should be rebuilt" but he also said he bought the car for parts and never got a ride with the coils so he doesnt know for sure if they are toast or not.....

opinions? thanks

willowtreexx
06-16-2009, 03:54 PM
pass on them. dude seriously some loser on this forum sold me H&R's and said they were in "perfect like new condition" and well all the colars were frozen, lots of corrosion and i have spent too much time trying to fix them. If i were you i would personally just buy new. it will save you soooo much time and maybe money and frustration later down the road.

thats what i would have done over. but thats just my .02

Quattro 4 Life
06-16-2009, 09:05 PM
You can send some H&Rs to Bilstein to get repaired, i am going to do it here in a couple weeks, i have a blown strut and bilstein said they usually supply the struts for H&R coilovers