PDA

View Full Version : crimped DV hose?...causing problems?

slideitsidewayz
06-15-2009, 11:28 PM
hey guys,

the other day i pulled out of a gas station and got on my car a little...shifted 1st to 2nd...then 2nd to 3rd and when i shifted into 3rd, before i even put the car in gear the car shut off/ stalled...i pulled over to the side of the road and started the car again...while it idles really ruff...i cant give it gas because at around 1200rpm it dies and shuts off again...i was able to idle the car to a gas station about 800ft away and had triple A pick me up. I looked the car over while i was there and it wasnt burning fuel correctly and was running horrilbe.

Now i had the car towed to my garage and the mechanic said the car was flooded...so the unflooded the car and it still ran the same and was undriveable. Now about 2 weeks ago i finished my BT setup and the hose from the DV to the TIP got hot i guess and is now closed off.

My question is...

1) Would the hose being sealed cause my car to run like this?

2) Would replacing the hose so it is no longer closed off fix my problem? (even tho im replacing it anyway)

3) If the hose being f'd up isnt the problem do you guys have any idea what might be the problem?

Btw...there are no vac leaks...nothing was wrong with the car prior to this happening...the car was running perfect from completion of the setup to when i shifted into 3rd...now the reason i am asking if this could be the problem is because when i shifted into 3rd i probably released between 18-23psi of boost into that hose...im pretty sure i heard a pop at the time when i released the gas...so theres some more details...

If you guys have any questions that i can help you with please ask...im kinda lost on this problem...

ALSO...i did not recieve a CEL from this happening...not lights came on or flashed...

thanks for all the help!

onemoremile
06-15-2009, 11:42 PM
That hose can cause all sort of problems. Especially if it isn't the only bad one. Replace them all.

ghost6303
06-16-2009, 08:47 AM
when you pull your foot off the gas and the throttle snaps closed, the compressor wheel on the turbo is still spinning. if the air its pumping in has no where to go, it will buildup like a shockwave and travel back until it hits the DV/BOV or, if it cant exit the DV, the compressor wheel. at the least- it will stall the turbo causing a longer time to get back up to pressure. at the most- that shockwave hitting the turbo can break the shaft connecting the compressor and exhaust wheels.

slideitsidewayz
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Also after i unflooded the engine...the car still ran too rich and kept flooding the plugs...any idea what could be the cause of this?