PDA

View Full Version : retrofitting xenon on B8 A4 [AUS]

nickg
06-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Hello,

I'm looking at retrofitting Xenons on my A4 B8, I contacted kufatec website and some ebay sellers, they all told me that right hand drive cars (RHD) require a different set of xenon headlight, I then found a UK website (carmediauk), assuming they also drive RHD cars like here in Australia, but they didn't even reply me back

local dealers here in Sydney are all about selling the car, the service afterwards is rubbish, they are not helpful at all

I'm so desperate to find a way to retrofit some factory accessories like xenons

anyone knows how I can manage to get xenons?

Thanks

Dark_Mist
06-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Check your MMI for a setting that resets your headlight region. If you have it you might be able to get away with one of the US kits. Try a search because I think I remember a UK member asking about this here.

Xenons come standard on the quattro so I can't tell if you will have this option available in your MMI. Audi headlights are set up to light further up the road on the left side in Oz, Japan and UK. The manual says the setting allows you to adjust the headlights to suit driving on the opposite side of the road. Guess it's for poms who travel across the channel.

imashy14u
06-08-2009, 06:23 PM
There's no setting in the MMI for changing the region. I think it is only applicable to European countries.

For the lights, you can try www.europrice.us, they said they have the lights for RHD cars, but you'll be looking at around $2.5K - $3K USD supplied. not sure if these are from aftermarket manufacturers or they are OEM. Kufatec sell OEM AFAIK.

Due to the price, i have descided to just wait until they are more readily available for RHD cars and thus hopefully cheaper.

nickg
06-15-2009, 02:35 AM
I have the basic stereo with SD card slot and bluetooth, concert it's called I guess and not the MMI option, there is no option available to choose region or lighting except day light leds which I can choose to turn it off or on

2.5K-3K USD is too much for me as well
Kufatec told me their kit can be fitted if I had the RHD light housings, I'm not sure how to order light housings or how much they cost, all I know is dealers would ask fortune for these parts if they even agree to supply

I'll update this thread if I find some info

Thanks

black99.5a4
06-15-2009, 04:31 AM
there is a reflector inside of the projector that is what pushes the light either left or right..

if you aussies got projectors, even with your halogen bulbs, you can use ANY retro fit kit like the DDMTuning.com kit.. use your factory style bulb.. i.e. h7 HID bulb.. now its not as bright or nice as a d2s setup, but its def worlds away from holagen.

nickg
07-06-2009, 06:07 PM
well the xenon light's look is different to halogens, day light leds are really nice on xenon lights and it's kindda crap in halogens

kvl
10-10-2009, 06:11 AM
anyone got an answer yet?

t0n13
10-26-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm from Australia too and really interested in doing the swap. I'm so tempted to buy the kit from oemplus but realised they're for LHD.

t0n13
10-26-2009, 10:15 PM
found out prices from a mate who works at a smash repair..

683.87$ - Ballast each
764$ - H/light each
416$ - Bulb xenon each

add another 10% for GST

thinking of getting the headlight by itself and sourcing the bulb&ballast elsewhere.. 400 per bulb is just ridiculous..

anyone know how the bi xenon works?

imashy14u
12-06-2009, 03:20 PM
You'll also need the wiring adapters. Kufatec USA sell them for about 68USD plus shipping.

07-07-2010, 05:06 AM
HI, I have just replaced halogen to xenon /w LED headlights for my A4 B8. And Im from NZ the cars for NZ are the same for AU.
Its not a big job for replacement.

:P

StantheCaddy
10-09-2010, 07:26 PM