PDA

View Full Version : misfire to no start to dead battery

x1n54n3x
05-25-2009, 02:13 PM
pulled out a misfire in cyl1 the other day on the way to class, it would only misfire under a heavy load. then after work that night it was steady misfire, i took it slow to my house, garaged it. last night i was going to move it to the front of the garage (roommates wanted to play beerpong) and it wouldnt start. it cranked, made a clicking noise, didnt start. this morning i was going to run codes with a buddy and the battery was dead.
questions-
i know what i need to check for the misfire, plugs, coils, but why would it go from being able to turn over to not even starting?
then, how would it go from a full to dead batt over night? i didnt leave anything on, is there some sort of mechanism that will kill all power? this is extremely frustrating and making me nervous as to how big of a problem this can be.
a week and a half ago i replaced the MAF and it threw me outta limp mode.
old codes i have are p0411, secondary air pump uneven airflow
the misfire threw up misfire in 1 and system too rich. i dont know if additional codes are up, because i cant even turn the accessory on, much less the engine
thanks.

Seerlah
05-25-2009, 02:18 PM
You probably left something on that drained the battery. Replace the battery and fix that misfire issue.

x1n54n3x
05-25-2009, 02:25 PM
im pretty much 100% sure i didnt leave anything on

ghost6303
05-25-2009, 03:22 PM
dying batteries do strange things on their way out. i wouldnt be suprised if it was causing the rest of the problems. if its not the battery- either that or your alternator isnt charging it or you did leave something on that drained it.

put a multimeter on the battery, it should be 12.6v when fully charged and you should be able to crank the engine over for 10 seconds strait and the voltage should never drop below 10v. that will tell you if the battery is good or not.

how old are your spark plugs?

x1n54n3x
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
charged the battery up, tried to crank and i got a low droning noise, and thats all. thoughts?