PDA

View Full Version : help with times and hp estimates

Dynamite
05-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Just a quick question,
on my way to a bt (elim) set up, a slow financially restrained project, i have a set of mods that i want to do now that are supporting mods for the bt, and a chip, (i know its a waist of money and just wait until you have the money for the bt...) they are: a giac chip (i know tapp an unitronics are better when upgrading to bt but no dealers here so i am going to buy a 2nd ecu here with the chip on it and then i can send my current/stock ecu to one of them for the bt software) and high flow mani and a turbo back exhaust and a FMIC. i think this should give about 165-175hp and 200-210ftlbs at all 4. can some one confirm this is right? and also if any one has the 0-100km (0-60) times and 80 -120km (50-75) times that would be really good to. i have used 1.3 and the conversion from chp to whp apparently there is less drop than that but i thought it would be a conservative reference so i wasn't disappointed lol. thanks for you help

ghost6303
05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
if you have a manual quattro the drivetrain loss is about 22% between the crank and wheel horsepower. what turbo are you looking for 0-100km times for the stock or the elim? which elim are you putting in?

somewhere around 165whp sounds right for a chipped stock turbo with exhaust.

Poopie
05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
look into buying a second ecu. They are always handy to have around. Not sure if Tapp gives a discount for upgrading to a BT tune though. Thats something to ask.

Dynamite
05-07-2009, 06:24 PM
thanks for that, yeah it is the stock k03 and a manual quattro sorry should of mentioned that. so i will be looking at the higher end of that range with that set up?
the elim will be the gtrs, i will be shooting for about 250-270whp with that and low to mid 5s to 100kmh/60mph which i hear is fairly standard.