PDA

View Full Version : 97 A4 Battery Cable

one50
04-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Couple questions-
I've got a 97 1.8 Quattro, and need to replace the positive battery cable. Anyone have any experience with this? The stock cable has a clamp, and then a thread on the positive terminal clamp where there is a second cable powering something else, maybe the ECU? Not sure. Anyway , I purchased the recommended replacement cable from autozone, (didn't install it yet.) but it does not have the threading to accept the secondary cable running from the positive clamp... ANy advice? I'm guessing an Audi factory cable is going to cost like 80.00 or something insane. Lastly, ever since changing the battery, my car has been having trouble turning over quickly like it used to. I would have thought the new stronger battery would be providing good consistent starts...Thanks

99blueb5
04-12-2009, 12:58 PM
go to the dealer And get a stock replacement, or order one of ecstuning.com

one50
04-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Just a sad note, the price for a replacement positive terminal cable is..........$225.00, even from ECS Tuning. What the hell!

stubbs
04-17-2009, 07:49 AM
ouch, that hurts. Have any junkyards near by?

zrowcool
04-17-2009, 08:49 AM
get one made for car audio. if all you need is the terminal then that would be the easiest way. all you have to do i cut the old one off and then put it into the new terminal. it has multiple holes for connecting more than 1 wire.