PDA

View Full Version : oem cd deck...

OutkastSL
11-16-2004, 10:54 PM
i'm new to audi's and have owned mine since saturday. i have a 99.5 w/ the audi concert cassette deck...totally sucks. i don't want anything aftermarket because i want my interior to stay clean, so i'm wondering if there was an oem cd deck that i can get for my car. i'm not sure what available but i just want an oem cd deck, what's available?

oh yeah...if i wanted to get the nav+ would it fit in my car? i have a 99.5 1.8t avant non-sport. it has the concert deck.

Zodiak
11-16-2004, 11:05 PM
you can get an OEM 6 disk changer for your headunit.

Or you can get the Concert II headunit (you have the Concert I) from a TT. But I'm pretty sure there are issues with running them in pre 2000 A4s since they do not have the CAN-BUS (some one correct me if I'm wrong). I remember one member complaining that the radio turned off whenever it was on longer than 1hr (the same way it does when you turn on the radio w/o the key in the ignition).

I'd say go with a Harman Kardon Traffic Pro ($499 from crutchfield). It's made to look very OEM in german cars and it is a full navigation system and will sound 10x better than the stock headunit.

Rieger_RS4
11-16-2004, 11:13 PM
the Traffic Pro is a quality unit

OutkastSL
11-16-2004, 11:26 PM
yeah i saw a previous thread with that headunit. looks nice but it needs a dash kit right?

i already have the 6 disc cd changer, i just want to change the headunit so it'll work with the cd changer. aren't there any pre 2000 a4/s4's with a cd headunit? it should be plug and play if i have the code for it. just need to find out what car.

mnkyA4
11-17-2004, 01:36 PM
does the Harmon Kardon Traffic Pro work with the PHATBOX?