PDA

View Full Version : My B5 S4 Avant build thread.

Pages : [1] 2

nthusiastt
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Removing all contributions to audizine.

nthusiastt
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Couple shots of my last completed projects:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/1-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/IMG_1499.jpg
The lude
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/suspension/IMG_0606.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/suspension/engine_car.jpg

fotograf
04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Judging from your last projects, (love them both btw) I can't wait to see what you do with your S4! What do you have planned?

nthusiastt
04-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Judging from your last projects, (love them both btw) I can't wait to see what you do with your S4! What do you have planned?

This is the build to make me forget all other builds because I miss my last two cars and regularly talk about them. It will probably take me a year or more but I will keep it updated regularly.

edit:
I'll leave the build details out to reduce thread chaos. My goals seemed to cause a lot of disruption.

fatezero
04-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I hope you got about $40K to drop on that project then... especially if you are going RS4 body.

Can't say that I agree with the wheels, interior, or color choice....but I am sure it will come out looking good.

Nice color of what it is now btw.... ;o)

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I hope you got about $40K to drop on that project then... especially if you are going RS4 body.

Can't say that I agree with the wheels

HRE C20's? are you drunk? Your opinion has been discredited.

$40k??!! No way, I had no idea! ;) .. Actually I just like to pretend like I know what I'm talking about, I really had no clue how much these modifications costed. I better sell this thing quick!

On another note. The b7 S4 interior came and for those of you wondering if the b7 interior will fit in a b5. The fronts may with custom mounting brackets on all 4 corners. The rears are to wide and the back of the seat would have to be reshaped because it's hitting the inner fender well of the rear. The bottom portion fits somewhat but could be made to fit if the snap in locations under the seat wer pulled welded closed and new ones were cut open. I'll get some fresh pictures up there tonight

phsingl
04-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I think the plan sounds intriguing. If executed well (and looking at the other 2 cars there's every reason to believe it will be) then this will be a stand-out B5 [up]
The only piece of the build I can't fathom is the 1000hp target. I understand that it represents a pretty significant milestone. but why sacrifice the driveability of what will likely be a really killer looks/ride combo?

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I think the plan sounds intriguing. If executed well (and looking at the other 2 cars there's every reason to believe it will be) then this will be a stand-out B5 [up]
The only piece of the build I can't fathom is the 1000hp target. I understand that it represents a pretty significant milestone. but why sacrifice the driveability of what will likely be a really killer looks/ride combo?

I won’t sacrifice drivability besides the clutch engagement on the engine setup. If I want to be in the power I just downshift. I would suspect to start making good power by 5,500rpm. With built heads I'm guessing I can rev to 8,500? That's 3k rpm of stuck in the seat, chest compressing, violent acceleration. That and what would be more satisfying than running away from an exotic car in a wagon. After annihilating him (and it would be absolute annihilation) I could respond, hey I got my ski’s in here!

fatezero
04-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I am curious, have you ever owned a B5 S4 before? Have you ever tuned one?

DolphinV8
04-09-2009, 04:08 PM
if you wanna order euro rears w/ me to save some money, let me know. I am in Eugene.

A4mative Action
04-09-2009, 04:27 PM
your builds looked official cant wait to see this one done i just got one question wat tha hell do u do for work? cause thos are some nasty and clean ass builds

mitchisword
04-09-2009, 04:40 PM
SUBSCRIBED! And, I'll buy your OEM front bumper... in a heart beat, shipping and all.

How many miles does she have?

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I am curious, have you ever owned a B5 S4 before? Have you ever tuned one?

Nope, but I built my prelude and pushed it from what everyone said was only possible to accomplish 250whp on a stock block to 411fwhp on stock internals, head, cams, intake manifold everything but a custom bolt on setup I made and tuned through an aem ems in my dads barn at 17 yrs old on a printer repair salary by myself with nothing but a forum and a service manual and my dads hand-me-down tools.

Now I know 10 times more about engine dynamics at 26 that I'm really not affraid of anything and I just don't have any patience for pescimism from forum members that think they know whats up because they bought a chip tune and a set of DV's. If you have something to contribute that will help me accomplish my goal please by all means post away [up].

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
if you wanna order euro rears w/ me to save some money, let me know. I am in Eugene.

Thanks for the heads up Dolphin, I saw your guys thread over there and you'll deffinetly be hearing from me. How difficult is this to match to the RS4 rear quarters..

FTYAVANT
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Nope, but I built my prelude and pushed it from what everyone said was only possible to accomplish 250whp on a stock block to 411fwhp on stock internals, head, cams, intake manifold everything but a custom bolt on setup I made and tuned through an aem ems in my dads barn at 17 yrs old on a printer repair salary by myself with nothing but a forum and a service manual and my dads hand-me-down tools.

Now I know 10 times more about engine dynamics at 26 that I'm really not affraid of anything and I just don't have any patience for pescimism from forum members that think they know whats up because they bought a chip tune and a set of DV's. If you have something to contribute that will help me accomplish my goal please by all means post away [up].

[wrench]GO FOR IT!!!!!! I wish I had the space to start a big project!!!

[race]

DolphinV8
04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dolphin, I saw your guys thread over there and you'll deffinetly be hearing from me. How difficult is this to match to the RS4 rear quarters..

I am not sure, but it has been done before. If you are doing a full conversion, might as well just get a rs4 rear.

fatezero
04-09-2009, 09:13 PM

By no means does anyone "doubt" your ability, however when you come in here making claims of 1000hp on an engine that has been through every major Audi Tuner in the world and none have done a "daily driver" 1000 hp car EVER, your claim is just amazing. I am glad that you have done 400hp Preludes, but 400hp is far different then 1000.

Follow the people like GRUMAN:
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269787

With his amazing setup he is hoping for 600whp! And there is not much more you can do besides what he is doing.

For 1000hp, you need to look to people that are building "Satans Child"

LINK (http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=67182&postdays=0&postorder=asc)

They have spent $30K in the ENGINE ALONE and it has taken them 1500 hours! And they have some of the best German/English tuners at their disposal.

Even if you had 1000 hp, you wouldn't have a tranny to run it through that would keep it Quattro.

Good luck on the build, I am sure it will look nice...but please don't make claims of HP that you have no knowledge about. Especially if you have never owned a B5 S4 before. They are not Hondas.

Oh and I am not just some "Forum Member" , I have obviously been on here longer then most [cool]

mitchisword
04-09-2009, 09:44 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224136&highlight=satans+child

There is a AWD pushin 900 in poland though. Search VTG killer on YouTube.

And I'm serious about the front bumper thing. I need one.

fatezero
04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
yes, we all know OZZ. He is on this forum. He is a "RACE CAR" that runs NOS and Nitro. hardly a "daily driver".

Does this look like a daily Driver to you? And at his peak he was making 1,000hp....most days he was making 750hp.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/adamb1923/dsci00544dj.jpg

Anyways, my point has been made.

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Can an admin come in here and please delete this troll's posts? Much appreciated! I'm not going to describe to you the details required to build a 1000hp s4 motor. It's only 800awhp. People will be pulling that on 2871's soon enough. Look around, do some reasearch noob. Look up the volume a 42r flows and learn a little about displacement and volumetric efficiency. The tranny will handle it as long as I don't perform any clutch dumps on full slicks. The prelude was a much different build and I only had 12psi to play with. If your so sure I wont make 1000hp maybe you'd like to make a wager?

sambrody44
04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Subscribed for future updates.

sh00rik
04-09-2009, 10:37 PM
DUDE! I know of you from PreludePower.com and other sites!

Your Prelude was amazing; the intercooler, seats, everything!

So nice to see you moving on to something else.

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 10:37 PM
yes, we all know OZZ. He is on this forum. He is a "RACE CAR" that runs NOS and Nitro. hardly a "daily driver".

Does this look like a daily Driver to you? And at his peak he was making 1,000hp....most days he was making 750hp.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v662/adamb1923/dsci00544dj.jpg

Anyways, my point has been made.

The point that you are a tool has been convey'd quite well! [up]

Those are like the babbiest turbo's possible. How long ago did he build that? What was available then and what is available now is a completely different story. What was custom then is not custom now. You k04 leg humpers need to get over the "stg 3". It's not that amazing of a setup anymore. Hell you can get 28r's now with housings that bolt up to your stock manifolds. We're talking about on the stock displacement being able to make over 700awhp. Really rev the motor? Really push the bar and run a FAT compressor? Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? Oh wait I know, your a tool. Your that dude that sits around talking about impossibilities of every other setup and how badass your stg 3 is. I've owned me s4 for 3 months and I'd be willing to bet I know more about every single component than you. Yes, that's right. Every single component. I spend several hours a day on the phone talking to builders asking questions. I don't waste my time with people that aren't excited about it and don't want to explore the potential of the car. You are a douche, yes everyone knows it. Please stop damaging my build thread. Thank you!

fatezero
04-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I am a tool... coming from the guy that just bought an S4 and is an expert because you sit up all night reading forums but have yet to wrench on one.

Cheers my friend and again good luck with the build.

mitchisword
04-09-2009, 11:06 PM
The point that you are a tool has been convey'd quite well! [up]

Those are like the babbiest turbo's possible. How long ago did he build that? What was available then and what is available now is a completely different story. What was custom then is not custom now. You k04 leg humpers need to get over the "stg 3". It's not that amazing of a setup anymore. Hell you can get 28r's now with housings that bolt up to your stock manifolds. We're talking about on the stock displacement being able to make over 700awhp. Really rev the motor? Really push the bar and run a FAT compressor? Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? Oh wait I know, your a tool. Your that dude that sits around talking about impossibilities of every other setup and how badass your stg 3 is. I've owned me s4 for 3 months and I'd be willing to bet I know more about every single component than you. Yes, that's right. Every single component. I spend several hours a day on the phone talking to builders asking questions. I don't waste my time with people that aren't excited about it and don't want to explore the potential of the car. You are a douche, yes everyone knows it. Please stop damaging my build thread. Thank you!

Look man, I'm really excited to see this, no matter how much power it makes in the end or just how SICK it ends up looking. I appreciate the drive to get this car going. But, I'm not stoked to see you bashing. It's useless. No one here has called you names, they've only said what they know. Which may or my not be more then you.

I'm going to loose interest in your thread (along with plenty of other people) if you keep acting like this. There is no use. Also, instead of bashing the people that are unsure, thank the people that are interested.

Don't get even, get ahead.

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I am a tool... coming from the dork that just bought an S4 and is an expert because you sit up all night reading forums but have yet to wrench on one.

Why do they allow these people on here. It just gives Audi's a bad name [headbang][headbang]

I think it's interesting you beleive I give Audi's a bad name when I'm talking about the potential the cars have.... I have a slightly different perspective and I come from a thick car building background. I spend a lot of time on the boards but I'll be honest. I haven't really gained anything from this forum. I chose this board for my build because I wanted to help the community out and there seems to be a serious lack of willingness to share information. I'm hopping I can help others to see the light. To see that there are more options than just a stage 3, or just a kit. I'll peice the kit together and document each section of the build.

Please though do educate me. Whats the difference between wrenching on an audi s4 and a bmw m3? Because the only thing I've found so far are a few different size hex screws. The wiring layout is different and the engineering structure behind each component is a slightly different angle. It's a learning experience. I'm not going to claim to know every single component but I do know what blows motors, and I do know what breaks trannies and I do know what is required to make a car fast from beginning to end. Every single requirement and the details involved.

On the 1000hp s4.
What compressor size is it running?
What clutch?
What engine management?
What was his afr ratio?
What was his timming ?
Was it bored? stroked? stock displacement?
What was done to the head?
Oversized valves?
What did his powerband look like?
How high did it rev?
How much boost?
What fuel did he make the power on?
Was it on meth when it made that power?
Was it on nitro when it made that power? If so was it direct port, fogger, wet, what shot was it? What kind of setup was it.

After you answer all of these questions and understand all the options that could be exhausted then you have a logical reason for thinking 1000hp on an s4 motor is far fetched. Otherwhise I pretty well laid out why I think people like yo uare the problem with the community.

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Look man, I'm really excited to see this, no matter how much power it makes in the end or just how SICK it ends up looking. I appreciate the drive to get this car going. But, I'm not stoked to see you bashing. It's useless. No one here has called you names, they've only said what they know. Which may or my not be more then you.

I'm going to loose interest in your thread (along with plenty of other people) if you keep acting like this. There is no use. Also, instead of bashing the people that are unsure, thank the people that are interested.

Don't get even, get ahead.

Yeah, that's my downfall. I'm pretty passionate with everything I do. It's all out or nothing at all with every path I pursue. I'm easily excitable when I hear ridiculous uneducated statements from someone attempting to call me out with no reasonable explanation other than, it hasn't been done before. That's just really not cool to do to a builder. I'm making the sacrifices here and venturing into the unknown. The forum support is helpful! If it’s not possible please rather than try to speak to me in a condescending manner for trying something new and out of the ordinary please describe technically why it is impossible.

Rhynolite
04-09-2009, 11:30 PM
This guy is one of those guys who doesn't come on forums too often, but are the original people to push the envelopes of car modifying instead of the first guy on the forum to do so.

I'll be waiting patiently for you to prove all these people wrong and come on here in a year with a daily driven car that looks sick as well.

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Less bickering... Time for pictures :)

Spent some time cleaning
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3536.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3537.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3538.jpg

Goodies :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3534.jpg

but no, they don't fit :(
The seat back would have to be reshaped. The fronts will fit with custom welded in brackets. These were white leather with white suede....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3539.jpg

Gonna sell them and go with the original set of buckets and orange stitching, alcantara centers and orange diamond stitching..

nthusiastt
04-09-2009, 11:55 PM
your builds looked official cant wait to see this one done i just got one question wat tha hell do u do for work? cause thos are some nasty and clean ass builds

I'm a Project Manager for a large operations team within Microsoft, but beleive it or not that prelude was built on about $12 an hour (but I did live with my parents [;)] ). I bought the M3 as a nice daily but really wasn't satisfied with the car after having something as unique as the prelude. I didn't ever really fit in with the euro scene because people would come up and compliment the bmw but critisize honda's and that kind of hit close to home for me. I sold that car because the scene was really no fun and most poeple just looked at is a bimmer. It really was though the most drivable performance vehicle I've ever had.

DUDE! I know of you from PreludePower.com and other sites!

Your Prelude was amazing; the intercooler, seats, everything!

So nice to see you moving on to something else.

Hey, right on man. You probably remember all the ruckus I caused over there lol!

d.p
04-10-2009, 06:15 AM
1000HP, please man.

mitchisword
04-10-2009, 08:14 AM
I think all these people talking shit are just going to fuel your fire. Shit man, if I'm up in Seattle (very possible) while you're wrenching, count me in to help.

nthusiastt
04-10-2009, 08:48 AM
I think all these people talking shit are just going to fuel your fire. Shit man, if I'm up in Seattle (very possible) while you're wrenching, count me in to help.

They do [evilsmile] . Send me a msg when your in the area.

If I don't make the power on the 42r, which I already know I will (Look at the compressor map) and the ammount volume it flows. I always have the option to run a 45r. with 3.0L of displacement and head that will take me to 8,500-9k 1000hp wil be very possible. These guys just never aim high. It's all about confirmed power with shops, which most shops aren't looking for crazy street cars. They want something that is gauranteed to work, reaps the best profit margin, with the least ammount of work. When people are really excited for a car that makes mid 400's and are willing to pay 10k for that. Why push the bar? Their are so many people with low expectations in the audi community. Why should shops push the bar when they make so damn much money and take such a small amount of risk. How long have these cars been out? Almost a decade and people are still running audi turbo's. That's like the mustang crowd saying it's not possible to make more than 550hp out of a GT because the only compressor they've used is the stock blower from an 03/04 cobra with a pulley upgrade. It's like the people on the M forum that said a turbo would blow the motor but a supercharger wouldn't.... It's compressed air, the only difference is what's driving the compressor. People have made mid 600's on pump on a single 35r with the 2.7t on stock displacement. Rev higher, run a larger compressor, see what happens :). People are just now starting to run the GT turbos and explore the actual potential of these motors. RS6's used to be a big deal, which I don't know how that ever occured. That's one thing I like about the Honda crowd. They exploit every possible option within the first couple years, but I understand how most people don't want to do that on their audi's. The demand isn't high enough for a shop to take the risk and benefit that greatly. The audi/bmw/exotic market is the only place you find supercharger and turbo kits for 10k+ not installed with no internalls. The reason for it I've found is it's the risk the shop is willing to take to make power. It's a gamble and the crowd seems to only be interested in out of box performance with the least ammount of work and no reduction in reliability or drivability. The abundance of pescimism in the community is gross though. I aim to fix that :). I'll admit though you have to be careful when you shoot for that ammount of power. I'll fly the best tuner out and run whatever engine management he suggests. Like I said. I'm not budget capping my motor build, but I am a bargain shopper :)

nthusiastt
04-10-2009, 08:50 AM
1000HP, please man.

Why not?

abe
04-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Subscribed.

I hope we can keep the bashing and name calling to a minimum, however. If the guy says he's gonna do 3 gazillion horsepower, let him do it! [:D]

Very interested. Keep the updates coming. Pictures are appreciated. Good luck!

Apologies if I missed it, but what is your time frame for finishing this?

nthusiastt
04-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Subscribed.

I hope we can keep the bashing and name calling to a minimum, however. If the guy says he's gonna do 3 gazillion horsepower, let him do it! [:D]

It'll probably take a year or more, because I do all the work myself. I'm focusing on the interior, suspension, brakes, wheels, and exterior for now and hope to have it mostly completed in 6-8 months. The engine setup will probably take another 6-8 months on top of that.

mitchisword
04-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Question for you; do you plan to do anything with your sound system? Now, in my defense, before I get bashed by anyone for that question, I feel it's legitimate. I have, lets say, a '1000hp' sound system. And again, before I get bashed for saying that with things like; 'subwoofers are for gays!" I have only one 10" sub. Or; "sound systems weigh a lot." Good sound does not weigh a lot. Stupid, ridiculous amounts of loud noise weigh a lot. Or; "why would you spend money on that?" I haven't. If I could get as good of a deal on engine parts, I would spend the money there instead. I have built an incredible sound system in my car while retaining the stock appearance (besides deck) and weight. I don't have any TV's, or nav, or fancy light displays, or any of that shit. Just GREAT sound.

So, back to my question, do you plan do build a (reasonable) sound system? I can get pictures of my build. I don't have a camera or the pictures of my build. But they do exist, I can get them if you like.

And, while your trunk is all taken apart, just trash the stock sub/6 disc/storage area and build the sub in there.

nthusiastt
04-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Question for you; do you plan to do anything with your sound system? Now, in my defense, before I get bashed by anyone for that question, I feel it's legitimate. I have, lets say, a '1000hp' sound system. And again, before I get bashed for saying that with things like; 'subwoofers are for gays!" I have only one 10" sub. Or; "sound systems weigh a lot." Good sound does not weigh a lot. Stupid, ridiculous amounts of loud noise weigh a lot. Or; "why would you spend money on that?" I haven't. If I could get as good of a deal on engine parts, I would spend the money there instead. I have built an incredible sound system in my car while retaining the stock appearance (besides deck) and weight. I don't have any TV's, or nav, or fancy light displays, or any of that shit. Just GREAT sound.

So, back to my question, do you plan do build a (reasonable) sound system? I can get pictures of my build. I don't have a camera or the pictures of my build. But they do exist, I can get them if you like.

And, while your trunk is all taken apart, just trash the stock sub/6 disc/storage area and build the sub in there.

No worries, The sound system bit isn't really my thing. I might end up playing with it if I get bored of the car and that would deffinetly be a good place for a 10". Sounds like you got a nice system though [up] .. I may ping you if I end up adding one.

nthusiastt
04-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Subscribed.
If the guy says he's gonna do 3 gazillion horsepower, let him do it! [:D]

I think 1000hp is moddest. After reviewing everything I'm pretty sure the motor could make closer to 1300hp if you ran the 45r with a 100 shot direct port on 110o.

mitchisword
04-10-2009, 12:20 PM
No worries, The sound system bit isn't really my thing. I might end up playing with it if I get bored of the car and that would deffinetly be a good place for a 10". Sounds like you got a nice system though [up] .. I may ping you if I end up adding one.

Sounds good.

Do you plan on mixing gasses? Race/Meth/Nos?
What do you plan to do with the tranny?

nthusiastt
04-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Sounds good.

Do you plan on mixing gasses? Race/Meth/Nos?
What do you plan to do with the tranny?

I plan on picking up a couple barels of e-85 or 110 and getting a little pump similar to what Vegase is running on supraforums. When I first get it running I want to see what the motor is capable on boost alone. I may in the future run a direct port but at that point it's just overkill . 1000hp is a little over the top but I want a car that's 60-130 is impressive. I'd like to trap in the 140's in the 1/4 mile. The stress wont really be applied to the tranny on 60mph throttle roll in. I haven't worked out all the details on the tranny setup but I'd like to see what the stock parts are capable of in the driveline without any hard launches or clutch dumps.

nthusiastt
04-10-2009, 12:43 PM
On another note:
Got off the phone with Jojo at DPE and I think I'm going to run the stepped lip st-7's instead of HRE's. What a pleasure it was talking to them. Don't think I'll ever look back at HRE after that phone conversation. He's deffinetly someone who's interested in your project and helping you get what you want rather than just making a quick sale.

mitchisword
04-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Good choice on the wheels. Same color scheme as the HRE's?

nthusiastt
04-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Good choice on the wheels. Same color scheme as the HRE's?

Thanks, I agree.

OMEGA SUPREME
04-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I am in tacoma, when this gets closer to being complete or put back together for driving you need to come on a few cruises. Leavenworth and Chukanut!!

nthusiastt
04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
^^ For sure..

Local buyers have an opportunity to pick up a b7 s4 interior here:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1120408301.html

OMEGA SUPREME
04-13-2009, 09:28 PM
If you want the best, get RS4 seats. Here they are in another S4.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/pics/int68_9_resize.jpg

nthusiastt
04-14-2009, 12:43 AM

I went with Sparco dry carbon DTM's in orange stitch. Nothing compares in comfort and weight. Will build a custom carpet to cover the back.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x228/speedwaremotorsports/showroom_Feb2008009.jpg

Rhynolite
04-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Damn, them there seats look comfy AND grippy.

This project has definitely gotten off to a good start. [up]

nthusiastt
04-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Damn, them there seats look comfy AND grippy.

This project has definitely gotten off to a good start. [up]

Yeah, hopefully it looks decent. Color scheme i'm going with is Macadamia metallic paint from the 997 with murcielago orange Alcon calipers and aggressive offset nickel/copper stepped lip mesh wheels. The seats I think will mesh well with the rest of it...

Few decent pictures of the color...
http://www.braunroth.de/user/media/av/692_bild1.jpg

http://www.braunroth.de/user/media/av/768_bild7.jpg

http://www.braunroth.de/user/media/av/768_bild6.jpg

michgo
04-15-2009, 12:15 AM
where and what price are you getting the seats at [o_o] ?

nthusiastt
04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
where and what price are you getting the seats at [o_o] ?

Speedware. Their headquarters is just down the hill from were I work.. The price was really tough to swallow though [headbang]

OMEGA SUPREME
04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I would at least give him the benefit of the doubt before you guys start hating. At least 6 months. His other cars are proof enough for me to keep my mouth shut as hard as it is. But what do i know, my car is stock.

mitchisword
04-15-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm going to be so fucking stoked when this guy shuts you all up! Dude, nthusiastt, shoot for 1300. Fuck these guys!

nthusiastt
04-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I would at least give him the benefit of the doubt before you guys start hating. At least 6 months. His other cars are proof enough for me to keep my mouth shut as hard as it is. But what do i know, my car is stock.

lol, Yeah I know. I've never seen a build thread get destroyed like this but anything is possible on an audi forum. I gotta say though I love the explanation for why it's an unreasonable expectation. It just goes to show how little so many audi owners actually know about their vehicles.

It's to the point though where it's almost pointless. I'm getting the impression that even if I do make 1k hp someone will pull something out of their ass to discredit it. Do audi members not want big HP? I may migrate back over to the honda forums though. They seem to know more about making power.

I'd be willing to bet there are a few s4's out there that are making much more than 800awhp and just don't feel like posting to educate all the forum turds.

nthusiastt
04-15-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm going to be so fucking stoked when this guy shuts you all up! Dude, nthusiastt, shoot for 1300. Fuck these guys!

I'm pretty sure they'll have some excuse for why it's not valid. "Ok, fine he made 1k hp but look at that torque curve" or god only knows what. lol, They always seem to come up with some reason why it sucks. Lots of people in the euro community fit the profile of just talking and talking and talking but no real information ever actualy comes out lol.

fotograf
04-15-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they'll have some excuse for why it's not valid. "Ok, fine he made 1k hp but look at that torque curve" or god only knows what. lol, They always seem to come up with some reason why it sucks. Lots of people in the euro community fit the profile of just talking and talking and talking but no real information ever actualy comes out lol.

Is this a build thread or a bitch about the Audi owners thread? I honestly cannot wait to see the outcome of your build and hope you keep posting here and updating us, but you won't make many friends with that approach...

There are haters and e-thugs EVERYWHERE. You think this is bad, check out vwvortex sometime...

nthusiastt
04-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Is this a build thread or a bitch about the Audi owners thread? I honestly cannot wait to see the outcome of your build and hope you keep posting here and updating us, but you won't make many friends with that approach...

There are haters and e-thugs EVERYWHERE. You think this is bad, check out vwvortex sometime...

Yeah I know, Vortex is rediculous. The difference between the euro crowd and h-t is when the haterism starts you have a mash of members that shut it down and support the person pushing the boundaries. Half the time admins come in and slap the trolls out. On the audi boards it's like half and half. Half trolls and half cool members that want to learn more about their car and contribute to the boards...

Fatezero, Why would I need you to contribute when you have "brains" like me? Lol, moron.

nthusiastt
04-15-2009, 11:21 PM
[:|]

I only asked for a legitimate reason why it wasn't possible. That seemed to daunting of a task.

This thread now officially sucks.

Well, technically it started sucking quite a while back. But, yes now it does officially suck. I messaged an admin so hopefully they'll clean it up. If not I still have the build thread on my local boards and I'll update it there. It's more over for my own sanity and it's fun to document the progress. It's not fun when you have 5% support, 95% bash.

UnkleGatsby
04-15-2009, 11:52 PM
"Personally, I think people are wasting their time making these things fast. If I wanted a fast car, I'd get another Mitsubishi Eclipse, and put 400hp at the wheels and run 11's all day for half of what some of you have into your cars in order to barely scrape 12's in the quarter. I also drive my car everywhere (20k+ miles a year) and I live in Seattle which has some of the worst traffic in the country so it'd be kinda pointless to have a 350hp car when the fastest I ever get to go in it is 20mph." Capt. Obvious
Yes he is talking about a B6, but this imo an audizine theme. Most Audi owners here care more about show than go. Including myself. So expect some criticism and dont take it personally. I just wish that they would keep their - comments to themselves.
Although I am soooo down to see you push the limits, who wouldn't? Hopefully this thread displays how you accomplish greatness and teaches one or more people something about our cars. Please do what you do and keep us updated on the good. Good luck! I want too see something EPIC!!!

abe
04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
It's more over for my own sanity and it's fun to document the progress. It's not fun when you have 5% support, 95% bash.

It's quite a project. Start a blog. Post the link here. You can moderate your own blog and do more fun things with it, rather than a forum.

18twagen
04-16-2009, 12:20 PM
It's not fun when you have 5% support, 95% bash.

Dude its going that way because you came out the gates in a condescending manner in your replies.

You come into the forum claiming 1000hp and even 1300hp when all you have done is take off the wheels and vacuumed the car. Why does a builder of your stature start with shopping for seats and wheels ?

Its fine to document a project in these forums but relax your attitude and just post your progress and when you get to wrenching that engine with some serious pictures then bring on your claims!

Shomegrown
04-16-2009, 01:00 PM
This build is to engine mods what Jesster's build was to appearance mods...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/Jaredolin/DSC_0190.jpg

CZA420tAvant
04-16-2009, 01:04 PM
^ now thats a euro look!!!

nthusiastt
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
You come into the forum claiming 1000hp and even 1300hp

ugh. Does anyone in here read? [rolleyes] I said I want to shoot for 1k hp. I did not CLAIM any hp. I laid out a legitimate build (single 42r, 3.0L, built heads, on 110). If you have a reason why this wont get me to 1k, like a normal person please say no that setup wont get you there but this one might and provide an example. Why do I have to defend myself when I simply laid out my goals. I laid out exactly what I wanted to acheive with the build and several reasons why I think it's possible. The least I'd expect is some reasons why it's not possible. It hasn't been done before, does not suffice. If your going to say it's not possible and respond with that reasoning I'm going to critisize you as should everyone. I mean who does that? What would drive someone to post in that manner? What are they trying to acheive? Is this high school?

btw 1300 is very possible on a 45r with 100 shot direct port. The largest compressor that has been run is a 35r which made mid 500's on 22psi/ pump. Seriously, 35r on a 2.7? I ran a larger compressor than that on my stock 2.2 that only reved to 7,5. I'll make at least 800awhp. Probably closer to 900. With 110 I'll just run 30+ psi regularly [:)]

nthusiastt
04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
This build is to engine mods what Jesster's build was to appearance mods...

What a perfect analogy since I've already completed my engine build lol. Jesster pushed the bar and wanted to try something new. I don't think he liked the way it came out but at least he was willing to expiriment and post some pictures. Why is it so difficult for audi owners to find the benefit of this? They seem more attracted to just posting fail pictures rather than acheiving anything great or trying anything new. I guess it explains why most of the shops I've called are so short on patience. They have to deal with people like this all day long.

b-thumper
04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/pics/int68_9_resize.jpg
+1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/bubblethumper/Audi%20S4/IMG_0390.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/bubblethumper/Audi%20S4/IMG_0274.jpg

nthusiastt
04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
^^ Yeah, that looks fregin amazing. I'm gonna run the dtm's though because they are lighter and more unique. There are only 2 left and they are discontinued production, limited editions. The orange stitch will go great with the whole color scheme too.

BlackS4TT(Josh)
04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I may migrate back over to the honda forums though.

[:(] Please don't leave AZ! You're so smart...AZ needs more users like you!

nthusiastt
04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
AZ needs more users like you!

I couldn't agree more. [:d]

CARTEL
04-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Good luck with your build. It drives me crazy to see the naysayers talk constant shit for no real reason. If it ends up now working, oh well... it will probably be fun.

Let the man do his thing. Its his money, not yours. Show some support and maybe something cool will come out of it.

AvanTTix
04-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Good luck with your build. It drives me crazy to see the naysayers talk constant shit for no real reason. If it ends up now working, oh well... it will probably be fun.

Let the man do his thing. Its his money, not yours. Show some support and maybe something cool will come out of it.I couldn't have said it better. The negative energy coming from some of the responses in here, including those that were removed, is just amazing and actually somewhat disappointing. It doesn't say much about this community if the only thing we can do is bash people who are rightly or wrongly ambitious in whatever they do. Thankfully these people appear to be a minority.

As for the OP, just let the naysayers be. Don't entertain them, you'll only fuel their fire.

Good luck w/ your project and make sure you keep the rest of us updated on your progress.

BTW great pictures in your original post. I assume you're using a tripod for the pics of the interior, b/c the definition and focus is amazing. No way you can take these w/o using a tripod, right?

Mr.Mental
04-16-2009, 03:52 PM
people are dumb ics made 1076whp on a 3.0 e36 m3 with a 42r at 30 psi why wont a 3.0 s4 make the same??????? that was on a stock head and runnig vp109

nthusiastt
04-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys, Good to see more than just a couple freindly members on the boards.

Any help that can be provided to get me to 1k hp would be greatly appreciated! I deffinetly don't know enough about all the little intricacies the 2.7t will require so please pitch in if you have any feedback!

people are dumb ics made 1076whp on a 3.0 e36 m3 with a 42r at 30 psi why wont a 3.0 s4 make the same??????? that was on a stock head and runnig vp109

lol, finally someone who knows what a 42r is! If people really looked up the ammount of volume a single 42r flows. Holly god, and I plan on maxing out the build. Built heads, reving to 8k+. If I don't make 1k I'd be damn suprised

littleredwagen
04-16-2009, 04:26 PM
goid luck with the project

spanksta
04-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Too much drama.

I'm interested to see where this build goes.

Shomegrown
04-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I've owned me s4 for 3 months and I'd be willing to bet I know more about every single component than you. Yes, that's right. Every single component. I spend several hours a day on the phone talking to builders asking questions. I don't waste my time with people that aren't excited about it and don't want to explore the potential of the car. You are a douche, yes everyone knows it. Please stop damaging my build thread. Thank you!

Any help that can be provided to get me to 1k hp would be greatly appreciated! I deffinetly don't know enough about all the little intricacies the 2.7t will require so please pitch in if you have any feedback!

Wait...what?

davenew
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
They do [evilsmile] . Send me a msg when your in the area.

all about confirmed power with shops, which most shops aren't looking for crazy street cars. They want something that is gauranteed to work, reaps the best profit margin, with the least ammount of work. When people are really excited for a car that makes mid 400's and are willing to pay 10k for that. Why push the bar?

Why don't you visit WMS and get a ride in their ASP GT shop car? Would you consider running 40psi pushing the bar?:)

nthusiastt
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Why don't you visit WMS and get a ride in their ASP GT shop car? Would you consider running 40psi pushing the bar?:)

Sounds pretty excellent. Any videos? Is that on 25's or 28's? I'll have to give them a ring for some advice on my build. I still want to run a single 42r though. I'm curious to know what all is done to the motor.

Wait...what?

Yeah, it's quite sad. I probably do know more about any single component than him yet he's giving builders advice based on his extensive knowledge with his own build. [:p] He proved it by diverting and insulting regarding me spending too much time researching. If he had known more about the car, then excellent I might have gained some knowledge. Does that clarify things for you? I know literacy can be quite confusing for some.

Capt. Obvious
04-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Gonna sell them and go with the original set of buckets and orange stitching, alcantara centers and orange diamond stitching..
Don't know if you've done this yet or not, but talk to Ryan, the guy who owns your old M3 now, he does interiors and is DAMN good at it. [up]

Capt. Obvious
04-17-2009, 10:40 AM
"Personally, I think people are wasting their time making these things fast. If I wanted a fast car, I'd get another Mitsubishi Eclipse, and put 400hp at the wheels and run 11's all day for half of what some of you have into your cars in order to barely scrape 12's in the quarter. I also drive my car everywhere (20k+ miles a year) and I live in Seattle which has some of the worst traffic in the country so it'd be kinda pointless to have a 350hp car when the fastest I ever get to go in it is 20mph." Capt. Obvious
Yes he is talking about a B6, but this imo an audizine theme. Most Audi owners here care more about show than go. Including myself. So expect some criticism and dont take it personally. I just wish that they would keep their - comments to themselves.
Wow. How long did you have to search to find that? I'm pretty sure I wrote that like a year and half ag. [confused]

And besides, that's just my personal opinion, and I'm talking about a 1.8T B6. This has nothing to do with B5 S4s. [;)]

Mr.Mental
04-20-2009, 08:00 AM
42r bump and his recaros are on ebay

nthusiastt
04-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks!

I couldn't have said it better. The negative energy coming from some of the responses in here, including those that were removed, is just amazing and actually somewhat disappointing. It doesn't say much about this community if the only thing we can do is bash people who are rightly or wrongly ambitious in whatever they do. Thankfully these people appear to be a minority.

As for the OP, just let the naysayers be. Don't entertain them, you'll only fuel their fire.

Good luck w/ your project and make sure you keep the rest of us updated on your progress.

BTW great pictures in your original post. I assume you're using a tripod for the pics of the interior, b/c the definition and focus is amazing. No way you can take these w/o using a tripod, right?

Thanks,
Actually no tri-pod the int pictures were just handheld. Shooting with a 40d at 200iso with a basic 50mm 1.8 [:)]

nthusiastt
04-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Don't know if you've done this yet or not, but talk to Ryan, the guy who owns your old M3 now, he does interiors and is DAMN good at it. [up]

Really? I haven't talked to him since I sold it. How has the car been? Does he still own it?

Capt. Obvious
04-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Really? I haven't talked to him since I sold it. How has the car been? Does he still own it?
You should definitely get in touch with him then. His prices are good and his work is top-notch.

Yes, he still owns the car. It's in the shop right now due to a boo-boo on that ultra-low front bumper (nothing major, but enought to warrant re-spraying said bumper). As far as I know the car has been great for him. [up]

nthusiastt
04-21-2009, 11:16 AM
You should definitely get in touch with him then. His prices are good and his work is top-notch.

Yes, he still owns the car. It's in the shop right now due to a boo-boo on that ultra-low front bumper (nothing major, but enought to warrant re-spraying said bumper). As far as I know the car has been great for him. [up]

I miss my molded strass lip [=(].. Did he have to get a new c/f lip replacement? That's one thing that's nice about those is the c/f portion is easily replacable.

OMEGA SUPREME
05-15-2009, 10:44 AM
We need updates!!!

nthusiastt
05-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Sorry guys,
Haven't had much time to work on the car lately but. I'm still waiting on quite a few parts. Nothing really worth taking pictures of right now. Just little things here and there have arrived(dts, stratmosphere matts, etc.) I should have my brakes by next week. I went with the alcon 14.5" front with 6 piston monoblock and the alcon rear upgrade. I think I need a new brake master cylinder though. Slowly but surely, still haven't started on the motor yet.

OMEGA SUPREME
05-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I am jealous,,, i want alcons!!!

jupiterfish
05-31-2009, 10:45 PM
sounds cool.

haters hate. that what they do, this country is built on it.

Dub69
06-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I couldn't have said it better. The negative energy coming from some of the responses in here, including those that were removed, is just amazing and actually somewhat disappointing. It doesn't say much about this community if the only thing we can do is bash people who are rightly or wrongly ambitious in whatever they do. Thankfully these people appear to be a minority.

^^^^^^^

X2!!

18twagen
06-02-2009, 09:22 AM
I should have my brakes by next week. I went with the alcon 14.5" front with 6 piston monoblock and the alcon rear upgrade.

Hey any updates on those brakes ? got pics ?

nthusiastt
06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Sure,
I'll be getting the calipers powder coated and the rotor hats anodized so I would have to rebuild the calipers anyways.. Buying new just didn't make sense and I got a screaming deal on them :)

These are the 14's I bought the 14.5's but haven't gotten them yet. As soon as I do I'll dismantel the caliper and send it all off for coating. Still waiting on some other parts and more income. Having a hell of a time trying to find rs4 rear quarters and door shells for less than my liver... If anyone knows a cheaper method please let me know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3230.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3202.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3194.jpg

OMEGA SUPREME
06-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I like!!

CZA420tAvant
06-03-2009, 04:17 AM
awesome brakes!!!

Captain Insano
06-07-2009, 07:48 PM
They do [evilsmile]I'll admit though you have to be careful when you shoot for that ammount of power. I'll fly the best tuner out and run whatever engine management he suggests. Like I said. I'm not budget capping my motor build, but I am a bargain shopper :)

Wise man. Tuning is 80% of the equation in my humble opinion. You can have the best engine build in the world and blow it up real fast with a crappy tune or a crappy engine management system. Any thought as to what EMS you will use yet?

Good luck with this. I'm hoping it turns out the way you envision as it will be quite a car if so!!

nthusiastt
06-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks all,

Any thought as to what EMS you will use yet?

I'm thinking I may have to go motec purely because of the numbers I want to achieve and I know motec tuners wouldn't be trumped by my goals. The downfall is not many of the audi inards and components will be much good after that. I'd have to run a independant cluster though with that route. Might go with the defi super cluster.

nthusiastt
06-15-2009, 05:46 PM
update, ups lost my front rotors but it may be a blessing in disguise as I can run the stepped lip wheels with the 14.0's but not the 14.5's. Seats still haven't arrived. Got back from vacation Friday.

BLACK JEFF
06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
subscribed

[hail]

CARTEL
06-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Sweet, can't wait for some more progress [up]

FlaS4
06-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Have you thought about where you are going to mount the turbo? Are you planning to cut into the fire wall or just move some of the stuff in the bay behind the fire wall to make room for the 45r?

Whats cams are you going to run?
Other details on the engine build plans would be awesome if you have gotten into details with it.

Build sounds badass and what this community really needs. We are only now beginning to explore the potenial of these cars even though the platform is 9+ years old. I think you can make 1000hp on this motor. Good luck with it!!!!!! [wrench][drive][race][hail]

nthusiastt
06-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Have you thought about where you are going to mount the turbo? Are you planning to cut into the fire wall or just move some of the stuff in the bay behind the fire wall to make room for the 45r?

Whats cams are you going to run?
Other details on the engine build plans would be awesome if you have gotten into details with it.

Build sounds badass and what this community really needs. We are only now beginning to explore the potenial of these cars even though the platform is 9+ years old. I think you can make 1000hp on this motor. Good luck with it!!!!!! [wrench][drive][race][hail]

Thanks we'll have to see.. I'm more of a noob to the platform than you guys but from the little research I've done I'm gathering either removal of the secondary firewall or placing it in front of the passenger tire. If I can't get the head to rev to 9k I'm going to have to drop down to a 42r and shoot for 850-900. That's the major challenge right now but I talked to tony with 034 and I'm pretty sure they'll be able to make it happen. I did some more research and on air alone I think it'll be tough to fire down more than 1k even with the 45r if I'm not reving to 9. It does have a heavy ass pricetagg though. I was thinking it was going to be around 45-50 total build cost but now it's seeming like that that figure was a little unrealistic. I think the motor alone will cost in the range of 35. Motec, tune, and clutch will put me at 10 alone. I can only afford to put a couple grand a month in it without sacraficing my lifestyle to much. I've got a little over 9 into it so far so I figure another couple years or so... [headbang]

I'm thinking I'll probably do the following first so I can get the car back on the road and enjoy it a little bit and build a seperate motor on the side.

exterior
wheels/suspension/braking
interior
lighting

I'm also thinking the best method is if I buy a front clip I can do all the test fitting, hacking and slashing to build the single manifold so when I do it the second round I wont be damaging anything.

18twagen
06-30-2009, 01:25 PM
I talked to tony with 034 and I'm pretty sure they'll be able to make it happen.

So your not doing the work yourself then?

dougyfresh
06-30-2009, 02:11 PM

ASP built 3.0L with 2.8 heads (2.8 intake cams) and twin GT2871Rs makes around 750awhp on MS109 and a mustang dyno. 600awhp on 93octane.
Laser Red Sedan widebody: http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/eurp_0810_2001_audi_s4_avant_and_2000_audi_s4/scarlet_red_2001_audi_s4.html

If going single turbo the best location (manifold-wise for equal runners) is behind the motor where the battery sits in the secondary firewall.

nthusiastt
06-30-2009, 05:53 PM
So your not doing the work yourself then?

No, I will not be assembling the motor. The margin of error is too slim when you're expecting a grand to the wheels out of a 3L. It would be stupid for someone to attempt to backyard build a motor of that caliber without SEVERAL motor builds and failures under their belt.

There are a few things it's just not intelligent to try yourself and expect immediate success. Paint and dyno tunning are a couple other examples I'll leave to the most experienced candidates.

FlaS4
06-30-2009, 07:58 PM
ASP reved out to 8500 rpms according to the linked article so 9k shouldnt be out of the question. A few people on here has blown out their rear diff. housings on some of the higher hp cars so you might want to address that if you are going to run the stock one.

dougyfresh
07-01-2009, 10:17 AM
ASP reved out to 8500 rpms according to the linked article so 9k shouldnt be out of the question. A few people on here has blown out their rear diff. housings on some of the higher hp cars so you might want to address that if you are going to run the stock one.

Be careful at 9k. I know a stroked 3.0L is not easy on the valvetrain in the 9-12krpm range. (talking from experience)

nthusiastt
07-01-2009, 10:45 AM

Those rear-ends dropped on clutch dumps and hard launches. I'm not shooting for 1/4 mile times, just trap speeds.

JaredVL
07-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Those rear-ends dropped on clutch dumps and hard launches. I'm not shooting for 1/4 mile times, just trap speeds.
why is your rep so low, is it from this thread alone?

18twagen
07-01-2009, 08:53 PM
No, I will not be assembling the motor. The margin of error is too slim when you're expecting a grand to the wheels out of a 3L. It would be stupid for someone to attempt to backyard build a motor of that caliber without SEVERAL motor builds and failures under their belt.

There are a few things it's just not intelligent to try yourself and expect immediate success. Paint and dyno tunning are a couple other examples I'll leave to the most experienced candidates.

Ohh ok, so you will do all the rest?

How are those brakes going are they on yet ?

nthusiastt
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Ohh ok, so you will do all the rest?

How are those brakes going are they on yet ?

No, UPS still hasn't processed the insurance claim [>_>]. Once they do I have to get on a waiting list for another set of 14.0's through stasis (est. 2 months). It was kind of a blessing in disguise because I found out after the 14.5's shipped that they would rub the barrel of stepped lip 19's so I'm dropping back down to the 14.0's. After I get the set it's a 5-7 business day turn around after powder coating and anodizing so god only knows how long before they're on [mad]

why is your rep so low, is it from this thread alone?

No, I started a thread in the feedback section asking asking them to clean up the b5 s4 tech and root section and everyone got butt-hurt.

FlaS4
07-02-2009, 07:50 PM

Cool. [up] With as much power you are shooting for I was just trying to help cover all the bases on potental problems that could occur.

Please educate me on why a 3.0L or 2.8 heads with hydrolic lifters and an aftermarket valve set will have issues reving up to 9k. Just trying to learn. Thanks.

nthusiastt
07-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Cool. [up] With as much power you are shooting for I was just trying to help cover all the bases on potental problems that could occur.

Please educate me on why a 3.0L or 2.8 heads with hydrolic lifters and an aftermarket valve set will have issues reving up to 9k. Just trying to learn. Thanks.

No worries, appreciate it. I wanna see what the stock components will handle on street tires.. 3.0L becaues of stroker kit however I really want to run titanium rods on the stroker kit so I may be pinging pauter or cunningham to run a rod under a set of ross pistons. I don't think I'm going to stay hydrolic, may switch over to get the rev's up a bit more.

JaredVL
07-03-2009, 12:12 PM
No, I started a thread in the feedback section asking asking them to clean up the b5 s4 tech and root section and everyone got butt-hurt.
well i will have to read it, but for now I vote weak

nevermind some people on here, even me at times...

nthusiastt
07-10-2009, 04:23 PM
My seats come Wednesday! I'm stoked!

CZA420tAvant
07-11-2009, 08:30 AM
^ thats a great look!!!

nthusiastt
07-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Got one installed tonight... Other slider bracket for the second seat is suppose to come next week sometime.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3563.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3566.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_3570.jpg

abe
08-08-2009, 05:39 PM
So.... How's this going? [:D]

nthusiastt
08-18-2009, 09:14 PM
So.... How's this going? [:D]

Pretty good, got my suspension and a few other random parts about a week ago. Just saving now for some stupidly overpriced items that I can't seem to find anywhere for less than a kidney [>_>]

FTYAVANT
08-19-2009, 08:46 AM
MOAR please....:) Car looks like its gonna have some nice parts stuffed in it.

abe
08-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Can that RS seat recline the back with respect to the seat pan? Not sure if I'm using the right terms...

nthusiastt
08-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Can that RS seat recline the back with respect to the seat pan? Not sure if I'm using the right terms...

They are non-reclinable. Fixed back seats rather so no.

abe
08-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Dang, they look comfortable as heck, if only I could adjust 'em a bit. :)

Thx.

nthusiastt
08-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Dang, they look comfortable as heck, if only I could adjust 'em a bit. :)

Thx.

Yeah, they are pretty cozzy :).. Not for the bigger folk though unfortunately. I'm a 34 waste and 6'4 and my shoulders come above the harness holes so it's not an ideal seat for racing but it is much more comfortable than the recaro pole positions. I certainly caught a lot of flak for how much I spent on seats alone but all in all after sitting in them I knew I would be kicking myself I didn't pick them up since that was the last set of orange stitch they made (10 sets in circulation, 4 overseas). It's the same seat used in the clk-dtm (100 ever built) so there is also a bit of exclusivity and exotic appeal that came with them...

http://static.autoblog.nl/images/mercedes_clk_dtm_amg_interior2.jpg

mitchisword
08-26-2009, 02:14 PM
So, what's new?

nthusiastt
08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
So, what's new?

I have a little more in savings and the car has a bit more dust on it.. Still saving for RS4 widebody. Was going to box the fenders out but the shop I got quoted on raised the quote a few thousand as soon as I got serious about dropping it off..... If anyone can help me get a decent deal on the widebody please let me know... I'm only about 35% of the way saved for the retail value..

CARTEL
08-28-2009, 11:25 AM
I have a little more in savings and the car has a bit more dust on it.. Still saving for RS4 widebody. Was going to box the fenders out but the shop I got quoted on raised the quote a few thousand as soon as I got serious about dropping it off..... If anyone can help me get a decent deal on the widebody please let me know... I'm only about 35% of the way saved for the retail value..
Are you looking for the labor help or help on the pieces? Let me know, I may have some solutions for you.

nthusiastt
08-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Are you looking for the labor help or help on the pieces? Let me know, I may have some solutions for you.

Labor help on the quarter installs would be excellent, also finding the pieces for a little cheaper :(
My latest stripped down quote..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/quote.png

alexthejew
08-29-2009, 08:32 PM
new to the forums... subscribing to this!

nthusiastt
09-06-2009, 01:55 PM
[edit]
Actualy, I'll wait until it's here to post some pictures :)

abe
09-06-2009, 06:02 PM
new to the forums... subscribing to this!

FYI, there's a link near the top of the page, at the top of this thread, that reads "Thread Tools". This will allow you to subscribe without having to post anything.

Welcome to the forums!

CARTEL
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
[edit]
Actualy, I'll wait until it's here to post some pictures :)

Is your picture going to look something like this? [:D][:D]

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/xcartelx/photo-5.jpg

nthusiastt
09-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Is your picture going to look something like this? [:D][:D]

shhhh [:D][:D] [:p]

happy2B5
09-17-2009, 11:31 PM
I for one want to this build succeed! subscribed

OMEGA SUPREME
09-20-2009, 05:23 PM
we need updates.

stevejones19
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
whew, just read through this. [up] definitely wanna see this thing when it's done.Glad all the trash talkers got done stopping by. GL

18twagen
09-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Glad all the trash talkers got done stopping by. GL

Were just lurking here waiting for the real stuff to happen!

CARTEL
09-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Glad all the trash talkers got done stopping by. GL
Seriously... I think that middle school started again this week, so that's probably where they're at. [>_<]

nthusiastt
09-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Alright,
I snapped a couple pictures of some things laying around the house... There's a few other random bits and peices but nothing that's really that impressive...

728 lb front, 782 lb rear.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/IMG_3847.jpg

dts
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/IMG_3842.jpg

B5stgIII
09-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Anything new? Been following but not posting. But I'm pumped for results to come of the build, looks promising of something different/new for the b5 platform that a lot of us have been waiting for. Good luck on the rest man.

nthusiastt
10-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Anything new? Been following but not posting. But I'm pumped for results to come of the build, looks promising of something different/new for the b5 platform that a lot of us have been waiting for. Good luck on the rest man.

Not yet, saving for paint, body work, wheels and tires... Will probably be another couple months before some cool stuff starts happening.

Ruffiano
10-29-2009, 09:46 AM
I like the plan, but can't stand the hate... Start a thread on Motorgeek, you'll see that a lot more people will be excited and not hating...

x610326
10-29-2009, 11:30 AM
It's going to look sick.

nthusiastt
10-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Dealing with customs for my widebody... Ugh!

jibberjive
10-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Sounds like you already got your parts ordered? If not, and if you're still looking for some other options I remembered these carbon fiber/fiberglass (?) widebody stuff. I don't speak german, but just throwing these links out there again
http://www.ker-innovatec.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=0&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3176&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

http://www.ker-innovatec.de/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3179&category_id=879&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

nthusiastt
10-30-2009, 03:26 PM
^^ I've spoken with them and gotten detailed pictures of the panels... The fiberglass options scares me because I'm planning on running so much power. That and fiberglass would be just as expensive to make look decent.

B5stgIII
10-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Pumped for more

nthusiastt
11-21-2009, 08:24 PM
just 1 cell pic for now..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMAG0016.jpg

mrbogangles
11-22-2009, 01:46 PM
just 1 cell pic for now..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMAG0016.jpg

wow all that is $$$$$$$
[up]

mrbogangles
11-22-2009, 01:47 PM
are you going to use the rs4 rear bumper?

nthusiastt
11-22-2009, 03:09 PM
are you going to use the rs4 rear bumper?

Yeah, but everyone has a price [;)]

Sigma 3
11-23-2009, 12:25 AM
Are you still going to let me take the stock front bumper off your hands?

nthusiastt
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Are you still going to let me take the stock front bumper off your hands?

Sorry man, a friend offered me a good ammount for it when it was off and I just handed it over to him..

DolphinV8
11-23-2009, 11:28 AM
lucky you Ben. I am still waiting for my parts to arrive. Another 5~7 weeks for the rear quarter panels & fuel door.

nthusiastt
11-23-2009, 12:47 PM
lucky you Ben. I am still waiting for my parts to arrive. Another 5~7 weeks for the rear quarter panels & fuel door.

Yeah, unfortunately a few of the panels took some damage in transit. Nothing that isn't fixable but now I have to deal with an insurance claim. Jesus my luck on this project has been shit.

DolphinV8
11-23-2009, 12:57 PM
ah, that sucks.

nthusiastt
11-25-2009, 11:40 AM
stressing out now over the insurance company covering the parts... Debating charging back some of the funds since I'm getting close to my 60 day cutoff for my credit card company :( ... Please give me advice if anyone has any!

VR6Bomber
12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Subscribed.

Yea, and you guys didn't even ask how many engines he plans to use! probably fit at least 2 extras in the avant!

jk man, good luck

nthusiastt
12-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Yea, and you guys didn't even ask how many engines he plans to use! probably fit at least 2 extras in the avant!

jk man, good luck

lol, naw... Been debating dumping the 2.7 for a vr6. Thinking about a 3.6 vr6 fsi bored to 3.8 with an r36 head bolted to one of these (http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-054&Category_Code=GLF)

nizmosx
12-01-2009, 05:27 PM
No one really trash talked. A couple well respected veteran members just mentioned that you better have a lot of money to do what the OP had planned and he took offense to it. Im sure he is now realizing what the member was referring too. Looking at the prices spent on seats and widebody alone, I'm sure you are already in around 12k or so. Not to mention suspension wheels and the engine build. Shit adds up. Thats all that was stated before turning into a pissing match.

Anyway, keep it up man, its coming together nicely.

Take your time and dont rush, you will get the results you want.

What wheels have you been contemplating and how wide? I saw the thread you started on aggressive stances. Did that help you decide at all?

nthusiastt
12-01-2009, 05:46 PM
No one really trash talked. A couple well respected veteran members just mentioned that you better have a lot of money to do what the OP had planned and he took offense to it. Im sure he is now realizing what the member was referring too.

Why do you think I am just now realizing this? Didn't I say within the first 10 posts it would take a couple years to build? Based on my other builds you'd think I would know what the expense of building a car to my liking is. The total cost and duration is absolutely unsuprising. My sarcastic message was a dick response I give to everyone who tries to discourage a builder. It's extremely time consuming, expensive, and requires a ton of dedication because every single modification is a fight if your going for something abnormal.

Looking at the prices spent on seats and widebody alone, I'm sure you are already in around 12k or so. Not to mention suspension wheels and the engine build. Shit adds up. Thats all that was stated before turning into a pissing match.
Double that figure and your closer to my investment excluding the cost of the car.

Anyway, keep it up man, its coming together nicely.

Take your time and dont rush, you will get the results you want.

What wheels have you been contemplating and how wide? I saw the thread you started on aggressive stances. Did that help you decide at all?

The wheels are purchased just being made.. Should be in the mail in a couple weeks. Thanks for the encouragement otherwhise.

2mMy
12-02-2009, 03:22 AM
I just think i have to subscribe to this thread.

by this point, wouldn't it have been better to start with a RS4?

You will probably end up with one hell of an avant! :D

jibberjive
12-02-2009, 07:56 AM
I just think i have to subscribe to this thread.

by this point, wouldn't it have been better to start with a RS4?

You will probably end up with one hell of an avant! :D
RS4's weren't imported into the US, and to do it legally is likely around $20k not including the price of the car.

I'm sure he'd rather have an RS4 though[:d]

2mMy
12-02-2009, 08:20 AM
RS4's weren't imported into the US, and to do it legally is likely around $20k not including the price of the car.

then again who wouldn't? [:D]
20k $ + 20k .. that isn't to bad. less then my S4..

wdbdy2000s4
12-02-2009, 08:25 AM
then again who wouldn't? [:D]
20k $ + 20k .. that isn't to bad. less then my S4..
But then it is still stock. He'd be dumping another 5k on those seats and god knows how much on engine upgrades. It's much cheaper to do an rs4 widebody then to import an rs4. If you don't plan on going with the stock block 2.7 motor then there is no reason to bother with the rs4.

nthusiastt
12-02-2009, 09:49 AM

naw, then I'd be stuck with the 2.7 out of the feeling of guilt if I were to swap to vr6. I wouldn't want to modify the interior because it would already be pretty unique and beautiful.

Building a car exactly to your liking that has a low value is alot more fun because if you swap something out and end up not liking it the remorse for the purchase of new, sell of old is much lighter and easier to deal with. You start tampering with an already rare vehicle that came perfect from the factory to be a daily driven, grocery getting, part-time track participating, snowboard yielding mountain car and people should critisize you for it. I love the RS4's but my passion is in the modifications so an imported RS4 isn't the right car for me.

nthusiastt
12-02-2009, 09:58 AM

My ladyfriend is full german and has dual citizenship. I was at their house about a week ago and they were talking about their ability to import cars at a huge discount because of the dual citizenship. I didn't understand it but I was like "Your killing me, how could you not have told me!?". I think the importation and licensing costs would have been sub 10k. 2.5% customs tax, port charge, insurance, shipping, registration and licensing. Probably could have imported one (A nice one) after checking on rs246 for about 30k all said and done. [headbang]

2mMy
12-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Here is a rs4 widebody 1.8t for you!
Audi 1.8T with 584 hk @ 7.7000 rpm
it had a 2.7 engine in it at the end! :D
http://www.tsracing.no/Bilder/racingr4r/102-0266_IMG.JPG
http://www.tsracing.no/Bilder/racingr4r/bane/12.jpg

nthusiastt
12-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Here is a rs4 widebody 1.8t for you!
Audi 1.8T with 584 hk @ 7.7000 rpm
it had a 2.7 engine in it at the end! :D

That wasn't a geniune RS4. Probably an a4 converted widebody.

2mMy
12-02-2009, 10:50 AM
That wasn't a geniune RS4. Probably an a4 converted widebody.
that's right, i wrote rs4 wb 1.8t :P its a 97 a4, converted about 10 years ago..

nthusiastt
12-02-2009, 10:52 AM
that's right, i wrote rs4 wb 1.8t :P its a 97 a4, converted about 10 years ago..

Yeah, I've seen pictures of that one on a track. Think it blew a coolant hose or something. The driver was outside of it looking at it.

2mMy
12-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I've seen pictures of that one on a track. Think it blew a coolant hose or something. The driver was outside of it looking at it.
that car has been abused on track for many years, blown 12 turbos etc [o_o]

nthusiastt
12-02-2009, 11:03 AM
that car has been abused on track for many years, blown 12 turbos etc [o_o]

Wierd, seems like such a strange car to choose for a track junky. I'd go with a cheaper e36 m3.

B5stgIII
12-02-2009, 11:17 AM
my God if you did the vr6 swap with that turbo... that thing would be scary.

2mMy
12-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Wierd, seems like such a strange car to choose for a track junky. I'd go with a cheaper e36 m3.
well, he is an audi tuner, and there the reason for the audi. and in this country the A4 is cheaper than the e36 M3 :\
and a little video ad for his company
Video (http://www.tsracing.no/Bilder/ts2_WMV_high_quality_dl.wmv)
you could look at his "new" car. a 750hp A3 2.0.
http://www.tsracing.no/Bilder/a3-sladd.t.JPG
and has apparently even more power now!

AUDI A3 EXTREEM
5 cyl - 2,5-20v Turbo . quattro . 1100kg. 910 hk \ 1035 nm
http://www.tsracing.no/Bilder/4a44fbcad37b6.jpg

nthusiastt
12-02-2009, 11:36 AM
my God if you did the vr6 swap with that turbo... that thing would be scary.

yup [evilsmile] .. I can't wait till the body work and other crap is done so I can start working on the engine.

jibberjive
12-02-2009, 05:45 PM
My ladyfriend is full german and has dual citizenship. I was at their house about a week ago and they were talking about their ability to import cars at a huge discount because of the dual citizenship. I didn't understand it but I was like "Your killing me, how could you not have told me!?". I think the importation and licensing costs would have been sub 10k. 2.5% customs tax, port charge, insurance, shipping, registration and licensing. Probably could have imported one (A nice one) after checking on rs246 for about 30k all said and done. [headbang]

I'm pretty sure she still has to have the car conform to both EPA and NHTSA rules to be federalized, even if she is dual citizenship. If so, the RI's and ICI's are the ones who rape you on the modifications, not the government. The import tax isn't the biggest expense. If, somehow, she doesn't even have to modify the car to register it here and drive it on our streets, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

nthusiastt
12-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty sure she still has to have the car conform to both EPA and NHTSA rules to be federalized, even if she is dual citizenship. If so, the RI's and ICI's are the ones who rape you on the modifications, not the government. The import tax isn't the biggest expense. If, somehow, she doesn't even have to modify the car to register it here and drive it on our streets, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The modifications bit is the reduction she receives I'm pretty sure. I didn't ask the details because her parents didn't know much about it but their friends had done it with their car for a reasonable sum.

nthusiastt
12-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Wheels are almost done! [:)]
4.5" stepped lip rear, 3" stepped lip front

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/STP63647.jpg

99ebpsi24
12-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Wheels are almost done! [:)]
4.5" stepped lip rear, 3" stepped lip front

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/STP63647.jpg

OMG! can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like its going to be above and beyond the mount of work you've put into your previous projects. So far everything looks top notch. Keep us posted [up][up]

nthusiastt
12-14-2009, 05:26 PM
OMG! can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like its going to be above and beyond the mount of work you've put into your previous projects. So far everything looks top notch. Keep us posted [up][up]

Thanks for the compliments! Planning on surpassing the past projects by a long shot as it was regretable selling the two. Then I don't have to think about them and what a mistake it was to sell them because ultimately it lead to the creation of this [:)]

OMEGA SUPREME
02-02-2010, 01:09 PM
bump./

nthusiastt
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Plans have drastically changed, g/f is pregnant. Unfortunately I'll probably just end up finishing the cosmetics and going with something simple like a stg3.

The Kranson wheels fell through due to the inner barrels being on back order and them not being able to supply a diffinitive completion date so the wheel pictures above have been scrapped.

I went with ADV.1's with the deepest possible concave so starting again and waiting for 8-12 from January 19th before they ship.... I'd like to post pictures but I don't know if I'd be stepping on Miguel's toes. The guy so far has been real cool to work with!

Parts I still need if anyone can provide at any sort of discount it would be very much appreciated!

-Washer nozzle covers for rs4 front bumper
-Front right fender (passenger) oem preferably
-alcon 370mm front rotors
-new or in new condition e-code euro headlight housings
-new or in new condition avant tail lamps.
-fog grills and fog lights for rs4 front bumper
-intercooler shrouds for rs4 front bumper.

abe
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
IF YOU TAP IT, MAKE SURE YOU WRAP IT.

Dang it dude, priorities!

nthusiastt
02-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah, screwed the pooch on that one, quite literally..... Where's the epic fail inspirational photo's when you need em, lol [:)]

ck23
02-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Man if you ever make it to 1000 hp it would be my dream to take a ride in it, I live in seattle and havent even experienced a stage 3 car. Good luck on the build

nthusiastt
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Man if you ever make it to 1000 hp it would be my dream to take a ride in it, I live in seattle and havent even experienced a stage 3 car. Good luck on the build

I might but it would probably take a couple more years unless I get a significant pay increase.

I still get a kick out of all the nay sayers. It's extremely possible on even the 2.7 but a much better platform to acheive that would be the vr6.

wdbdy2000s4
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Where's the epic fail inspirational photo's when you need em, lol [:)]
lol

http://www.failfunnies.com/27/images/pregnant-mother-of-fail.jpg

nthusiastt
02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
haha, suprisingly I don't feel any better

wdbdy2000s4
02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm sure you'll feel better when your widebody is done. You could always sell the seats and get your built motor and turbo too. [;)]

Bonger
02-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Don't give it up on it brother. My favorite part of this thread is when you say it will take a few more years to complete. That's a bad ass attitude and I hope you get it done. What's the rush? Plus think of it this way... its an Avant so she can't ask you to sell it for a minivan soccer car (sorry, couldn't resist). Go nuts!

sweetsound2001
02-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Which Advan wheel are you getting. How wide and how light?

nthusiastt
02-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Which Advan wheel are you getting. How wide and how light?

Advance.1's. Wide, and light.

NYCVR6
02-21-2010, 06:00 PM
lol, naw... Been debating dumping the 2.7 for a vr6. Thinking about a 3.6 vr6 fsi bored to 3.8 with an r36 head bolted to one of these (http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-054&Category_Code=GLF)

Id check cylinder wall thickness before getting too deep into that. I know if you overbore a 3.2, that the cylinder walls get pretty thin, and running high boost can be an issue. Not sure if the 3.6 is stroke or bore, stroke and bore or what, but piston diameter would let you know. Also, im not sure if it's even the same short block as the 12v, 24v, and r32 motor. Just something to look into.

Nice clean build btw.

nthusiastt
03-20-2010, 01:19 AM
Cat is kind of out of the bag on my build progress. I decided to go full force on the build and really accomplish what I was originally shooting for. Purchased alot of things in the past month. Plan to have it back on the road in 3 months max.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/IMG_0390.jpg
getting 4x4 twill overlay by matt at ocarbon now on the silver part to match my trim kit

http://ocarbon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/4by4-01.jpg

Bagged the kranson's for reasons I won't delve into and went with Advance 1's new stepped lip concave. These is an engineering photo of my exact wheel with my width and offset. Will be hella flush and also this is the first step lip set of 10.1's they have made. Miguel is the man for making this happen and pushing their build team to even though they tried to push back on him several times. Should be completed here in about 4 weeks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/S4/19_Step_Lip_ADV10.jpg

cjk
03-20-2010, 09:13 AM
You can share more details then that....more pics....come on :P

nthusiastt
03-20-2010, 11:05 AM
You can share more details then that....more pics....come on :P

I can't because everyone will copy me. I already expect it on the 4x4 twill but most people wont be able to afford the other parts, thank god.

sweetsound2001
03-20-2010, 12:23 PM
So you're doing 19 x 10.5 or 18 x 10.5? 18 x 10.5 is only 18.5" lbs...pretty good, unless of course the nice and thick ET20ish backpad will add 2-3 lbs. to that. Are you doing the monlblock versions?

nthusiastt
03-20-2010, 12:44 PM
So you're doing 19 x 10.5 or 18 x 10.5? 18 x 10.5 is only 18.5" lbs...pretty good, unless of course the nice and thick ET20ish backpad will add 2-3 lbs. to that. Are you doing the monlblock versions?

This one is a full 3 peice and it's 19x10.5. It's also a deep concave so there is no thick backpad. The offsets took me a very long time to figure out so I'm probably not going to disclose that but they aren't +20

cjk
03-20-2010, 01:10 PM
I can't because everyone will copy me. I already expect it on the 4x4 twill but most people wont be able to afford the other parts, thank god.

OK....

So whats the motor going to be like? Or is that top secret? :)

Good luck on finishing the build man.

nthusiastt
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
OK....

So whats the motor going to be like? Or is that top secret? :)

Good luck on finishing the build man.

Thanks! Still not sure on what to do with the motor.. Might go all out with the 3.6l or just something basic like a mild build paired to a set of tial 650's.

MacDaddy
03-22-2010, 04:54 PM
got any more pictures of your coilovers? I was thinking of getting a set of those this summer

nthusiastt
03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
got any more pictures of your coilovers? I was thinking of getting a set of those this summer

naw, I need a new lens before I start getting snap happy again. The 50mil is getting so boring [:)]

MacDaddy
03-23-2010, 07:31 PM
naw, I need a new lens before I start getting snap happy again. The 50mil is getting so boring [:)]

I'm not picky, i would be happy with blackberry pics, lol

nthusiastt
03-24-2010, 01:39 AM
I'm not picky, i would be happy with blackberry pics, lol

Alright, I can snap a few more pictures of them.. I should be out in the garage tommorow and I'll get them for you then

nikitynick
03-28-2010, 09:12 PM
real excited to see the final wheels, i love your taste in wheels

nthusiastt
03-29-2010, 09:13 AM
real excited to see the final wheels, i love your taste in wheels

Thanks for the compliments! I'm extremely ancy to see what they come out like [:)]

MacDaddy
04-01-2010, 09:46 PM
any luck with the coil over pics?

dla79
04-01-2010, 10:53 PM
This one is a full 3 peice and it's 19x10.5. It's also a deep concave so there is no thick backpad. The offsets took me a very long time to figure out so I'm probably not going to disclose that but they aren't +20

Yup with the AL uprights you can fit that in the front with a ET22 like my widebody ;-)

sweetsound2001
04-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Yup with the AL uprights you can fit that in the front with a ET22 like my widebody ;-)

Can you say major poke???

nthusiastt
04-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Can you say major poke???

Actually not at all. Will be perfectly flush with mild camber and I went more agressive than et22, hell I went more aggressive than 20. [:)]

sweetsound2001
04-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Rears may be ok...but I've seen a WB avant with 10" and ET20 that had about 5mm front poke (on 265 tires). Not sure how you plan to hide those extra 8-10mm :) What tire size are you going to run?

nthusiastt
04-02-2010, 09:09 AM

Yeah, I'll probably need to get those. I have steel uprights and picked up the groton kit. I'm wondering if the aluminum uprights will fit..

nthusiastt
04-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Rears may be ok...but I've seen a WB avant with 10" and ET20 that had about 5mm front poke (on 265 tires). Not sure how you plan to hide those extra 8-10mm :) What tire size are you going to run?

.He probably had close to stock camber. I'll be running 275/30 and once the suspension is at the right height, camber is set (I'm thinking around 2.5 neg camber) the wheels and everything are bolted up, we'll pull the widebody fenders out around the wheels. If I left the widebody fender lip stock and rolled it, it would poke a tiny bit but I like the top lip of the fender to be pulled out slightly which should accomidate for the 275. In any case we'll do what we need to do body wise to make the fitment flush. It may take more time to get it right but that's how these things go [:)]

dla79
04-03-2010, 12:14 PM

Yup that is true and the reason I did ET22 with 18x9.5" with 265s to avoid poke with my specially machined V710s :-)

nthusiastt
04-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Yup that is true and the reason I did ET22 with 18x9.5" with 265s to avoid poke with my specially machined V710s :-)

Oh fine! .... I went with something just a teeny tiny bit more aggresive [:)] 19x10.5 +19 front +16 rear. Figured I'd do 2-2.5 negative camber with a slight little fender pull and stuff 275/30's under there. Searching for hellaflush fitment :) ..

From my library of photo's... This one was really valuable.. He's running a 265/30 off a 19x11 +20

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/19x1118.jpg

nthusiastt
04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Another,
19x10 +20

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/19x10203.jpg

nthusiastt
04-06-2010, 03:24 PM
And another 19x10 +10 offset
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/19x10unknown1.jpg

VonMortis running a 19x11 +20 rear
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/IMG_0158.jpg

Pretty sure this guy is running an 18x10 0 offset if I remember correctly
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/4.jpg

Another 11" rear
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/19x11.jpg

I have about 15 diff cars running aggresive wheels that took me about 5 or 6 months to collect before I decided my offset. Probably have a good 100 hours or so of research into it...

nthusiastt
04-06-2010, 03:30 PM
And another couple running 19x10 +10 offset
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/19x10unknown1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/19x10102.jpg

nthusiastt
04-06-2010, 03:32 PM
removing all audizine contributions.

Go_S4
04-06-2010, 04:15 PM
any pics of your progress??

Capt. Obvious
04-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Couple questions:

1) Since you're generally buying the best of the best of everything for this car, is there a reason you went with the cheap-o K-Sport coilovers?

2) Anybody recall how much wider (in cm or mm) the RS4 fenders are than the regular S4 fenders?

3) What mirrors are these and do you have any other pics of them?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/c61lude/rs4wheels/19x10102.jpg

veggiemonster
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
none of the baller cars have the "baller" suspension, you can't go that low with them

Capt. Obvious
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
The H&R Ultralows go pretty damn low...

I'm guessing his answer will be spring rates. To get as flush as he wants to be you need run pretty heavy springs.

nthusiastt
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
The H&R Ultralows go pretty damn low...

I'm guessing his answer will be spring rates. To get as flush as he wants to be you need run pretty heavy springs.

I really like orange. I thought long and hard about the purple yellow combo KW offers but I just love orange to much.

LB S4 LB
04-07-2010, 06:18 PM
balllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

nthusiastt
04-09-2010, 12:08 PM
any pics of your progress??

Naw, I need to get a new lens. I'm going to hawaii in may and will probably just rent some L-glass for a couple weeks and snap some pictures then.

nthusiastt
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM

Capt. Obvious
04-13-2010, 12:35 PM
That's a lot of rear stopping power. Are you thinking about removing the front brakes to save weight? [>_<]

TweetsS4Estate
04-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Ben you put those brakes on and then lets race!

nthusiastt
04-13-2010, 08:18 PM
That's a lot of rear stopping power. Are you thinking about removing the front brakes to save weight? [>_<]

Damn, you got me!! [;)]

nthusiastt
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Ben you put those brakes on and then lets race!

Sure, we can race to a stop! lol [:)]

moclakens
04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Your not actually going to sell it are you:( I just saw it on craigslist...

Sales@RAI
04-29-2010, 11:01 AM
are u starting the engine build now? It's gonna be probably 2 years before you get 800awhp

cjk
04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Your not actually going to sell it are you:( I just saw it on craigslist...

2nd...saw the post on CL as well. Sorry to hear man!

DolphinV8
04-29-2010, 01:12 PM
really? damn...
Let me know if you want to sell your fender liners.

Bonger
04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Dibs on the CF trim

nthusiastt
04-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I'm loosing interest in the build... I saved up the money complete the build and I'm looking at the money in the bank thinking..... 15k to finish this build or I sell everything I have and end up with 35-40k in the bank and potentially buy a 996tt outright or just say fuck this hobby because I loose to much money and it causes me to much frustration. Buy some stocks or invest it. Not only that but I spend so much time at work, between that, the gym, my pregnant wife, my side projects (building a contracting forum www.badgecolororange.com) vacation and all the other stuff I don't ever have any time to work on the thing. I'll be honest. I have spent about 6 hours wrenching on the thing in the last 2 months. I just don't have the time anymore and my focus is on other things.

are u starting the engine build now? It's gonna be probably 2 years before you get 800awhp

I don't follow.

cjk
04-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I'm loosing interest in the build... I saved up the money complete the build and I'm looking at the money in the bank thinking..... 15k to finish this build or I sell everything I have and end up with 35-40k in the bank and potentially buy a 996tt outright or just say fuck this hobby because I loose to much money and it causes me to much frustration. Buy some stocks or invest it. Not only that but I spend so much time at work, between that, the gym, my pregnant wife, my side projects (building a contracting forum www.badgecolororange.com) vacation and all the other stuff I don't ever have any time to work on the thing. I'll be honest. I have spent about 6 hours wrenching on the thing in the last 2 months. I just don't have the time anymore and my focus is on other things.

Sorry to hear man...those are all way better things to be focusing your time on anyway then your car. Wish I could afford the WB...and I'm local...fvk! Good luck on the sale of everything!

nthusiastt
04-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Well I talked to Adam and we did the math again and if I finish the car and sell it I won't be loosing that much mone, so I'm just going to turn it over to a shop here probably at the end of the month to get it finished. Still waiting on the rs4 front fender and wheels before she goes away to the shop

18twagen
04-30-2010, 12:19 PM

I think the original figure was 1000 HP.

nthusiastt
04-30-2010, 12:28 PM
I think the original figure was 1000 HP.

1000hp + 20% drivetrain loss. In any case 1000hp is deffinetly attainable in the s4 chassis. There just isn't an out of the box kit for it.

abe
05-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm waiting for the haterz to come out of the woodwork to goad you into finishing (and proving) a 1000 hp build. [:D]

blackbenzz
05-07-2010, 10:55 AM
How much do you plan on selling it for once it's done?

nthusiastt
05-13-2010, 08:49 PM

Capt. Obvious
05-14-2010, 02:21 PM
It's torn apart and in the air, and it STILL looks mean.

D-shot
05-14-2010, 06:29 PM
There are not good profit margins from what I see. Look at my car and how much it cost to do 600 on pump. But hey I'll sell my avant and buy your project cash? I'm not gaining from my build. It's hard to make a profit off these cars.

nthusiastt
05-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I priced it not to sell because when it's done it will be a perfect car for me. Someone would have to offer a lot for me to reconsider selling. Now that the wheel is on I can really visualize what she'll look like when she's done slammed to the ground with a couple longboards on the top. Will be the perfect cruizer this summer.

nthusiastt
06-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Fuck this site, I refuse to contribute anything of any sort of positive nature.... Follow me here!!!

http://www.wrongfitmentcrew.com/forum/showthread.php?174-My-S4-wagon-project

p.s.
Fuck AZ! w000t!

jibberjive
06-19-2010, 01:07 AM
Ha, something specific happen, or are you just over the scene in general?