PDA

View Full Version : a possible tranny problem? (a bit long)

narbehx
11-16-2004, 07:51 AM
ever since i first got my car, I noticed it was a bit tougher to shift from 1st to 2nd than any other gear transition. whenever i'm up for driving my car hard, i cant shift hard into 2nd because i cant manage to get a smooth shift since it seems to catch before it fully gets into 2nd gear, hence dropping the rpms too much and making the shift much slower than it should. I didn't think much of it until I would drive all kinds of cars for my cuzin(rsx type-s, evo viii, e36 m3, mr2 spider, and some random others) and noticed that i didnt have the same feeling in the shifter for those... let me try to explain this a little bit better. as i disengage the clutch, and start pulling it out of first, its smooth, but as i push it into 2nd, it takes a little bit more force/effort to get it in gear than it does from 2nd to 3rd etc., and also more effort than any of the other cars. could this be a possible synchros problem or something? or possibly my first gear might be a little f'ed up? or am i just imagining things? thanks

skene
11-16-2004, 06:02 PM
Hey.. you probably need new Synchros.. cause of rough shifting to begin with.

narbehx
11-16-2004, 06:31 PM
every other shift is smooth tho... it jus seems like the 1-2 shift is a bit tougher