PDA

View Full Version : V&S shortshifter?

a4rings
11-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Is the V&S shortshifter any good? And also would i be able to feel the difference in handling if i got a rear sway? thanks

Zodiak
11-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Yes, the V&S is one of the best out there for the B5 A4 and the price can't be beat.

As for the sway bar, you'll feel a little less roll and the car will understeer much less (or even oversteer, depending on the settings) as you approach the limit. Also with the proper driver input and the sway bar set on its stiffest setting, you can get the tail end to lead through turns rather nicely considering it's AWD.

audispeed
11-15-2004, 07:38 PM
the handeling difference with a sway bar is amazing. I am one of the biggest fans of getting one.

alen
11-15-2004, 07:53 PM
which is better, neu or h&r?

audispeed
11-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by alen
which is better, neu or h&r?

its a metal bar, i dont know how much of a difference there really is. I have the nuespeed one and am more than happy.

btw: i would also highly recomend the v&s shortshifter, definitely worth the money

sumpsfast
11-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Got the neuspeed and V&S. Both are the way to go.

bitterchild
11-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Go easy on the rear bar setting, fun oversteer becomes snap oversteer in the winter : (

audispeed
11-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by bitterchild
Go easy on the rear bar setting, fun oversteer becomes snap oversteer in the winter : (

I dont know, I have never had a problem with it and I am running the Nuespeed 22mm rear bar. Although, I worried about what you just said, so I did set it to soft for the winter which is probably about the same as stiff for the 19mm bar. Never had any problems though and I drive mountain roads in Vermont in the snow just about everytime it snows. I think unless you do something bad, like let off the gas in the middle of the turn in the snow when you are already on the edge, you should be just fine.

Droofy
11-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Where can you get the V&S short shifter. The only place I saw was the V&S website, and they're out of stock. Are there any stores in lower New York that might have it?

audispeed
11-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Droofy
Where can you get the V&S short shifter. The only place I saw was the V&S website, and they're out of stock. Are there any stores in lower New York that might have it?

Its two guys in the tool and die trade that have A4's. they decided to make their own shortshifters and ended up making one everyone loves. Currently, I dont believe they have distributors, you have to go through them.

jjjoe
11-17-2004, 08:24 PM
The V&S shifter is a total pleasure! Not to mention the install isn't too tough. Check the group buy page, there might be one getting started.

bitterchild
11-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by audispeed
I dont know, I have never had a problem with it and I am running the Nuespeed 22mm rear bar. Although, I worried about what you just said, so I did set it to soft for the winter which is probably about the same as stiff for the 19mm bar. Never had any problems though and I drive mountain roads in Vermont in the snow just about everytime it snows. I think unless you do something bad, like let off the gas in the middle of the turn in the snow when you are already on the edge, you should be just fine.

Well it really depends on your front to rear bar bias as well as your true spring rates. Most of my comment was based on messing around in slushy stuff with a less than consistent road surface. I set the rear wide when I put on the winter tires as well. The best example of the snap is when the ice is thin enough that it disintegrates as you drive over it with just one spot being thick enough to stay... spin, spin, pop