PDA

View Full Version : i have no power windows.

audacity
03-23-2009, 10:51 AM
alright guys. one day a couple of months ago my windows all of them including the sunroof stopped working. none of the window switches light up red anymore. i took the door panel off and theres no power to any of the switches. so i did some research on other forums. they helped a little but i figured i would try on here. i got a used central locking control unit thinking that the window part of it stopped working because my locks still worked. i hooked it up and still have no windows. theres no fuse, im not sure if theres a relay anywhere but i was messing around with a test light on some of the plugs in the unit and the windows move im not sure how i did it but i think maybe the windows or the unit itself that controls the windows lost its ground somewhere does anyone know where the ground are? thanks it would be great to get some windows haha its getting nice here.

audacity
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM
bump?

Holvinator
03-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I know what it is, happened to me when installed my bodykit. The guys from the bodyshop were washing my car without the tail lights on and water got into this part that I forgot what it is call right now, but It controls all the alarm system, including windows, sunroof, and locking doors.

Try this...
1st check the fuse for the windows
2nd option turn off you car with all the windows down, then lock your car by inserting your key in the door handle. Turn it to the right and hold it and check if all the doors lock themselves and all windows go up at the same time. If the doors doesnt wanna lock, that means that the part that controls all your alarm system is bad. I forgot the name of it but is located in your outer right side of the trunk, right behind of your right tail light. It has a cylindrical shape and has like 3 small plugs and like one or two bigger ones.

wheneva I find out the name of that part I'll come back here and let u know. Sorry about my grammar, I know it sucks lol

biketsai
03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
check all of the fuses

winston@podi.ca
03-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Check your wiring harnesses as all mine in the door snapped in half

My problem: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253548

http://members.shaw.ca/myaudi5/12232008058.jpg

biketsai
03-23-2009, 10:05 PM
^^ lol

andry
03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
which window? front? rear? or all window?

it could be the regulators. please check it out.

audacity
03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
heres the deal guys. none of the windows work. including the sunroof. the locks worked. just the windows don't go down. there is no power window fuse in the car. i've looked. i had power to the central locking control unit. i believe thats the name of the part you were looking for holvinator. i got a used one from l&t enterprises they are pretty well known around here. obviously the locks won't work because i have to get the key reprogrammed but the windows still don't work. now when i was back there i was poking around at some of them prongs in the plug on the unit itself with a test light, so it was a ground wire so to speak. if someone held the window switch down i could get the window to move, so the regs/switches/harnesses should be intact. i don't know what the deal is i have to get a service manual.